Best Buy @Gamer Coupons expire 10/6 Mass Effect 3 $10, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 360 PS3

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Why would Best Buy still have Mass Effect 3 Collector's Editions after months and months?[/QUOTE]

Cause nobody at that store bought them.

[quote name='vantheman']Is mass effect 3 worth it if I have never played any others in the series?[/QUOTE]

Play 1-2 first if you have a Xbox, play 2 first if you have a ps3. I wouldn't recommend jumping straight into 3.

Got my ME 3 yesterday for $10 on the 360, and they quite a few left at the Rockaway, NJ location.

And just to back up Kenshindono, the employee did tell me that they updated the system and it makes it a pain in the ass now for @Gamer members. I traded in a few games and usually at the end I tell them I'm an unlock member and they just put my number in to get the extra 10%. Yesterday after I told the guy, he had to rescan everything since he said the new system kicks them out when they go to add the membership bonus.

Don't know if they are planning on tracking returns/coupons/buy backs more closely, but thats 2 cases where the employees confirmed that the new system is making it tough for everyone.

[quote name='vantheman']Is mass effect 3 worth it if I have never played any others in the series?[/QUOTE]

I think one of the biggest draw to this trilogy is that your character and the decisions you make carry on from the first all the way through to the end. So it might not be as good of a game if you just start with the third. Like others have posted, you can find the other 2 for pretty cheap now if you want the full experience.

Picked up a Mass effect 3 CE!!! The stock locator at my closest store showed not available.

Went to OMS it like a fellow poster suggested and the rep told me there was one in stock.

Went to the game section and BAM there it is the last copy.

Great deal the only problem i have with it is that the Steel case is the cheapest i've ever owned.

EA is lazy and cheap. It's basically a 360 steelbook with a PS3 game inside. The manuals and papers don't even fit properly.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']No and it will drop lower guaranteed[/QUOTE]

It will most likely drop lower, but his is my rationale for not waiting. Best case scenario is that it will drop to $10. Is $10 worth waiting a few months for it, making a mad dash to the store, and possibly finding out it's oos when you do? To some maybe. For me I'd rather pay an extra $10 now and save myself all the drama later on. It all depends on how much you value your time.

It's worth waiting. Shadows of the Damned, No More Heroes and its sequel, and Killer7 have all dropped that low and are pretty common. Maybe Lollipop will be hard to find in the future, but that's not how the history shakes out for previous Suda51 games.

So if I were to sign up for the $15 membership now, would I still be able to get and use the @gamer magazine right there, or does it take a while to receive and would I have to pay the $5 to use it at that moment?

EDIT: nvm, FAQ says you receive it instore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doc_j88']
Great deal the only problem i have with it is that the Steel case is the cheapest i've ever owned.

EA is lazy and cheap. It's basically a 360 steelbook with a PS3 game inside. The manuals and papers don't even fit properly.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a real steelbook (which is actually the brand) and that is the reason why they called it a "metallic tin" in the picture of the CE. The official steelbooks tend to be better quality. Not trying to be nitpicky about what you call it, but I'm sure that's why it's so crappy.

I just tried to use a gift card I received from BB after trading in a bunch of games over a month ago. The card had over 80$ on it and had never been used but it registered as an invalid card. So after talking to numerous CSReps I was told that my card had been used to buy an IPhone, 4 hours after I traded in the games. I explained that that was impossible for numerous reasons such as I don't have an Iphone, but the CSR didn't seem to believe me and said there was nothing he could do. I asked if they could see who bought the cell phone or any info surrounding its purchase but they refused to give it to me. So it looks like I've been ripped off, probably by a BB employee and there is nothing I can do about it. I hope this info can help someone, I feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

I will post this on all BB threads just to give people a heads up

[quote name='Greybeard']I just tried to use a gift card I received from BB after trading in a bunch of games over a month ago. The card had over 80$ on it and had never been used but it registered as an invalid card. So after talking to numerous CSReps I was told that my card had been used to buy an IPhone, 4 hours after I traded in the games. I explained that that was impossible for numerous reasons such as I don't have an Iphone, but the CSR didn't seem to believe me and said there was nothing he could do. I asked if they could see who bought the cell phone or any info surrounding its purchase but they refused to give it to me. So it looks like I've been ripped off, probably by a BB employee and there is nothing I can do about it. I hope this info can help someone, I feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

I will post this on all BB threads just to give people a heads up[/QUOTE]

Did you even try to talk to anyone higher than a store employee? Like maybe corporate

Called into my BB yesterday and the girl pulled a copy of LC off the floor for me. I figured I'd grab it at $20. Going to get it later today when I go pickup NBA2K13 and Resident Evil 6.

[quote name='Greybeard']I just tried to use a gift card I received from BB after trading in a bunch of games over a month ago. The card had over 80$ on it and had never been used but it registered as an invalid card. So after talking to numerous CSReps I was told that my card had been used to buy an IPhone, 4 hours after I traded in the games. I explained that that was impossible for numerous reasons such as I don't have an Iphone, but the CSR didn't seem to believe me and said there was nothing he could do. I asked if they could see who bought the cell phone or any info surrounding its purchase but they refused to give it to me. So it looks like I've been ripped off, probably by a BB employee and there is nothing I can do about it. I hope this info can help someone, I feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

Well, that sucks. I'd try calling the help line. They've been very helpful with my issues (lost GCs, refunded points) but it could be that I have the silver membership. Wouldn't hurt to try though.

[quote name='shadowkast']Did you even try to talk to anyone higher than a store employee? Like maybe corporate[/QUOTE]

This. A standard rep can't and won't do anything for you. You need to talk to a store manager or call corp. I can't believe you gave up that easy, I wouldn't have left the store until I got my credit back.

[quote name='barrit']That's correct. All the costumes are there and unlockable through in-game methods.[/QUOTE]

I know there are 19 unlockable outfits in the game, but I think the 5 DLC costumes (Ash, Urine, Rockabilly, Disco, Goth) aren't. Have a source for this?

[quote name='advanced']I know there are 19 unlockable outfits in the game, but I think the 5 DLC costumes (Ash, Urine, Rockabilly, Disco, Goth) aren't. Have a source for this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've platinumed the game lol.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway. I have my B2G1 free Welcome Pack coupon, can i combine the $20 off Lollipop Chainsaw with that?

Same thing happened to me when i had 80 bucks worth of trade in credit, i found out a week later that an employee must have tried to steal my credit. Luckily bb reimbursed me and i promptly bought some kindle cards . I would advise to only trade in if you want to buy something at that time just so your not scammed.

[quote name='AbramJ23']Same thing happened to me when i had 80 bucks worth of trade in credit, i found out a week later that an employee must have tried to steal my credit. Luckily bb reimbursed me and i promptly bought some kindle cards . I would advise to only trade in if you want to buy something at that time just so your not scammed.[/QUOTE]
Luckily i haven't had that happen to me, but I always try keeping tabs on the amount of credit I currently have on my GC. I'm sure BB reps have these tools but wish BB would implement some sort of transaction system for GCs that way we could see what time and where items were purchased.

Damn that is some rough shit, if anything u can probably call CS and see if the person who used the credit also used a Rewards member card (which is slim if he was an employee trying to scam the system) but since it's phone it might be associated with a number or some kinda ID, and if the date and time of use is on the transaction list of the gift card, you can probably figure out which employee used based on on their shift, but then again only bestbuy can do this so...

Bought the $20 lollipop today.

Very happy because this is my entry point. Thanks again to @GAMER magazine. This issue ended up with a use afterall! The coupon using streak continues.

[quote name='jza1218']Pretty sure I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway. I have my B2G1 free Welcome Pack coupon, can i combine the $20 off Lollipop Chainsaw with that?[/QUOTE]

If you expected a "no" answer, you'd be right. (Cannot be combined with any other offer)

[quote name='paayter']are you sure they will have one with all the dlc? keep in mind, they never did that for me2 on the xbox 360, me1 had crap dlc, that costs a couple dollars. they only time they included ALL the dlc was for the ps3 me2, which really got ps3 fanboys like me in to the me universe. my guess is not, but ea being ea....any opportunity to make money.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I bought all the ME2 DLC as it came so I stopped paying attention to any ME2 news after that.

Would have bit on Lollipop at $10, but I got good use out of this months coupons; $10 Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition and Free Battlefield 3 Limited Edition :) Hoping for a good deal on Sleeping Dogs next month.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']If you expected a "no" answer, you'd be right. (Cannot be combined with any other offer)[/QUOTE]

That was the answer I expected. Danke.

Just picked up ME3 for $10, and here I was thinking this was gonna be a dead month for me. I had intended to wait for the ME Trilogy, but since the 360 edition won't have all the DLC (and I already have the other two), figured this was a better deal.

Still on the fence about Lollipop...dunno if I can justify it w/ the size of my backlog.

Tried my local store to see if I could use one of their September issues for the ME3 coupon since I signed up in August and haven't received a mag yet. They only had the CoD mag though. Will try another store.

I noticed that the in-store sign for GCU says "never miss an issue" ^^;

Thanks for the heads up OP. My store had plenty of the mags and was able to snag a copy of ME3 CE for PS3 for $10 after the coupon. Stellar deal!

I ended up picking up Lollipop Chainsaw today. I wanted it when it came out, but $20 was my sweet spot. Hopefully it's worth it.

If the gift card you had came up as invalid card the card handed to you may have never been activated. Who ever processed the transaction may have not given you the correct gift card. If you still have the gift card and the digits off the back of it, you can get the entire gift card's history from an employee in store. If they won't give you the cell phone info (which would be a privacy liability) then they should be able to give you the history of your gift card. That way you can see if it even was activated at all.

Was able to pickup a ME3 Collectors edition for $10! Thanks OP. Also if there are any CAGs in Lakeland, FL they had 3 more of them on display. Hate the stickers on the side..... (Goo gone is a blessing).

Ok so I just received a email telling me congratulations I'm am now a silver rewards member. The thing is I'm still about $1k away from the $2500 and I haven't purchased a cell phone from them. Anyone know why I was upgraded? Looking on the rewards site, it says I'm a silver member though 2014.

[quote name='PlatinumAssassin']If the gift card you had came up as invalid card the card handed to you may have never been activated. Who ever processed the transaction may have not given you the correct gift card. If you still have the gift card and the digits off the back of it, you can get the entire gift card's history from an employee in store. If they won't give you the cell phone info (which would be a privacy liability) then they should be able to give you the history of your gift card. That way you can see if it even was activated at all.[/QUOTE]

Did you read his post?! He said the balance was used shortly after to buy a. IPhone according to the history

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok so I just received a email telling me congratulations I'm am now a silver rewards member. The thing is I'm still about $1k away from the $2500 and I haven't purchased a cell phone from them. Anyone know why I was upgraded? Looking on the rewards site, it says I'm a silver member though 2014.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I was like wtf? but I'll take it lol. Says it's good through Feb 2014 when I logged into my RZ account. I was also over $1000 away from the goal like you were.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ok so I just received a email telling me congratulations I'm am now a silver rewards member. The thing is I'm still about $1k away from the $2500 and I haven't purchased a cell phone from them. Anyone know why I was upgraded? Looking on the rewards site, it says I'm a silver member though 2014.[/QUOTE]
Congrats Daz! I'm sad to see you leave our Poor People's club...

I have also been mysteriously upgraded to premier silver good through February 2013.

This does not bode well for BB allowing me a longer PM duration.

Same. :)

I think I got it for a year due to all of my trade-ins. I'm still trying to figure out how I made RZ Silver. Not that I'm complaining, since 60 days for returns/PM's is nice.

They did the same thing to us in waves last year as well. That's when I got mysteriously upgraded to Silver and I was nowhere near the $2500 because I used trade-in gift cards for all my purchases. It seems that they do this to introduce the Silver program to us active folks who don't actually spend enough cash to qualify for the program. See if they can get us to spend more I guess? It's a great perk regardless...

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I havent hit close to $2500 in 3 years but they continue to keep me at the silver level.[/QUOTE]

If you hit $2,000 for 2 consecutive years you also get silver.

Same here .

bread's done
Back