Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Jan/Feb 12 issue) - WWE 12, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed

Foladar

CAGiversary!
Found it on their Facebook:

@Gamer Magazine Issue 16 - Jan/Feb 2012

Coupons ($120 worth) in this issue are:
• $10 off WWE '12 (PS3, X360, Wii)
• $15 off Medal of Honor (PS3, X360)
• $10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360)
• $15 off Pre-Owned Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Gears of War 3 (X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Crysis 2 (X360, PS3)
• $20 off Rocketfish Wired or Wireless Gaming Headset
• $10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 or above

[quote name='ken9']PM ACR to GS price ($30) + the use coupon = $20. seems like a pretty good deal to me! and you can trade it in for $28 ish if you use the 50% bonus if you preorder ff13.[/QUOTE] would require manager override as that would be a double dip. My guess is if the manager actually notices the price go from $59.99 (I'm assuming that's the price in store) to $9.99, you will get denied on the spot. Ymmv. Straight edge and I might be able to pull it off but that's pretty extreme

[quote name='WV Matsui']Man still hoping for WWE to drop![/QUOTE]

Same here dude. I bet it goes on sale the week before wrestlemania 28. That way the game and the ppv are promoted at the same time

[quote name='coopscohen']I actually got denied a PM of the MW3 Hardened Edition. I was told that BB does not PM GS.[/QUOTE]:wall: misinformed employee

Had an interesting experience at Best Buy today in which I complained about the magazine not coming in my mail since I subscribed in October. The guy at the store called the people who handle the magazines (I think) and they basically told him that I wasn't on the system despite the fact that he was telling her how I was on there and how I had even used the perks that come with being unlocked a couple of times.

After about 30 min on the phone and finding no solution he finally got the approval of a manager to give me another subscription in hopes that when it got to the guys at the magazine it would get fixed. However the problem I see with this is that it didn't replace the original subscription and he just gave me another year.

I'm happy I have another year tacked on but I really doubt my solution will be fixed and will have to go in store every time to pick up a copy of the magazine. :l

All in all that was the best employee I've ever encountered in a Best Buy as he did everything possible so I didn't leave the store without the problem being fixed. I mean I even offered to call myself later and to just give me this months magazine and just denied me saying he would fix it.

Oh and I got Medal of Honor for $5

Quick question: what is the expiration date for the coupons on this issue of the magazine? Very interested in $5 for MOH but have yet to receive my issue. Thanks. :bouncy:

[quote name='nas6034']BBY does not PM GS.[/QUOTE]

Yes they do; I do it all the time. And you should price match rather than give the scum of GS your money. :D

[quote name='immanewb']Quick question: what is the expiration date for the coupons on this issue of the magazine? Very interested in $5 for MOH but have yet to receive my issue. Thanks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
End of March.

[quote name='jamesdevil']End of March.[/QUOTE]
Whoa.. I was expecting end of Feb at the latest. Thanks, brah. *Hands you e-cookie* :lol:

Now just hoping my local BB will restock MOH, as it says "unavailable" for store pickup last I check on their site.

[quote name='immanewb']Quick question: what is the expiration date for the coupons on this issue of the magazine? Very interested in $5 for MOH but have yet to receive my issue. Thanks. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Expiration date is actually 3/3 fwiw.

Medal of Honor coupon shows Valid 01/01/12 thru 03/03/12

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Yes they do; I do it all the time. And you should price match rather than give the scum of GS your money. :D[/QUOTE]
This. 1000x THIS. Mind you, both chains have their flaws, but I'd rather give the devil's right hand man(Best Buy) my money as opposed to Satan himself(Gamestop).

[quote name='immanewb']Whoa.. I was expecting end of Feb at the latest. Thanks, brah. *Hands you e-cookie* :lol:

Now just hoping my local BB will restock MOH, as it says "unavailable" for store pickup last I check on their site.[/QUOTE]if your RZ silver try contacting the BB personal shopper to see if they can ship to store or direct to you & maybe they'll just discount the price direct since you can prove your a @gamer subscriber.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This. 1000x THIS. Mind you, both chains have their flaws, but I'd rather give the devil's right hand man(Best Buy) my money as opposed to Satan himself(Gamestop).[/QUOTE]oh $hit LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='nas6034']BBY does not PM GS.[/QUOTE]

my BBY will pm any local store within a 25 mile radius including FRYs and Amazon..

[quote name='Enuf']oh $hit LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl:[/QUOTE]
Actually it's a toss up between Walmart and Gamestop as to which is the more parasitic chain that has ended up killing off or acquiring their competition.

Thinking of breaking down and getting Crysis 2 with the coupon. I assume since it's EA you need a online code for multiplayer?
Next question is the online still active at all on the PS3 or 360? I have both systems so if anybody can confirm either is still active it would help me get off the fence. Thanks

[quote name='mrclutch']Thinking of breaking down and getting Crysis 2 with the coupon. I assume since it's EA you need a online code for multiplayer?
Next question is the online still active at all on the PS3 or 360? I have both systems so if anybody can confirm either is still active it would help me get off the fence. Thanks[/QUOTE]

You don't need an online pass, it just gives you more weapons. I don't know if the servers are still active, haven't been on in a while.

[quote name='mrclutch']Thinking of breaking down and getting Crysis 2 with the coupon. I assume since it's EA you need a online code for multiplayer?
Next question is the online still active at all on the PS3 or 360? I have both systems so if anybody can confirm either is still active it would help me get off the fence. Thanks[/QUOTE]

No online pass need it & from what I remember last week. Online is still active on the 360.

so i went to pick up a few gow3 to flip, and only one rang up as 11.
the other was 14.99. i went and complained and they said only 1 10% preowned discount per game. i was like for how long, and they said per day. lol
so i went back today and returned/rebuy and got it for 11.
the more you know

[quote name='Velo214']so i went to pick up a few gow3 to flip, and only one rang up as 11.
the other was 14.99. i went and complained and they said only 1 10% preowned discount per game. i was like for how long, and they said per day. lol
so i went back today and returned/rebuy and got it for 11.
the more you know[/QUOTE]

Glad you made a post about it. Reminded to check to see if they got some at my store, and it shows up as in stock. :D

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Also Crysis 2 for $7, that's a great deal,[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's related to what Velo just posted but I bought Crysis 2 and I didn't get the 10% GCU to stack with the @Gamer coupon. I bought a used GoW 3 and Crysis 2 in the same transaction and the discount applied only to GoW 3 and not Crysis 2. Just something to watch out for.

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm not sure if it's related to what Velo just posted but I bought Crysis 2 and I didn't get the 10% GCU to stack with the @Gamer coupon. I bought a used GoW 3 and Crysis 2 in the same transaction and the discount applied only to GoW 3 and not Crysis 2. Just something to watch out for.[/QUOTE]

It stacked with me when I got crysis 2

[quote name='ets']Someone explain gow3, crysis 2, moh deal please? just a price drop with coupon?[/QUOTE]
Gears Of War 3 is $34.99 used, so after the $20 off coupon it'd be $14.99. If they take off the additional 10% for the Gamer's Club Unlocked discount and take it off of the original price, then that would make the game $11.50 a copy with the coupon. Crysis 2 is $29.99 used, so with the $20 off coupon and 10% off from the Gamer's Club Unlocked that'd make it $7 a copy.

As for the Medal Of Honor deal, the in-store price is $19.99 for a new copy, so $15 off that makes it $5.

gow3 good price for selfuse, not flip worthy, tiv amz 14.85,gs 11

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Gears Of War 3 is $34.99 used, so after the $20 off coupon it'd be $14.99. If they take off the additional 10% for the Gamer's Club Unlocked discount and take it off of the original price, then that would make the game $11.50 a copy with the coupon. Crysis 2 is $29.99 used, so with the $20 off coupon and 10% off from the Gamer's Club Unlocked that'd make it $7 a copy.

As for the Medal Of Honor deal, the in-store price is $19.99 for a new copy, so $15 off that makes it $5.[/QUOTE]

Gave the wife the coupon and a $10 cert to use. Got it for $5 and change. She didn't understand the 10% and the one she got had no manual. $5 outta pocket good for me, but some things are better done yourself. Not having to miss the game though worth it all.

the 10% discount (unlocked bonus) should still be taken off even if a coupon is used, correct? I found a used GOW3 but (used $20.00 off coupon + $5.00 RZ cert) they said the coupon negated the 10% off, that's not correct is it?

thank you!

[quote name='cagcag']gow3 good price for selfuse, not flip worthy, tiv amz 14.85,gs 11[/QUOTE]
I never said it was for flipping purposes though.:razz: Sometimes we flippers do buy games to play.:booty:;)

coupons and 10% off stack. even better 10% off is from base price pre coupon.

and i locked in 2 gow3 @ amazon a few days ago for 21 each. 22->42. eh its ok

I finally used a coupon from the magazine and bought Crysis 2 for $7...not sure i even liked it when i rented wtf why did i buy it :roll:. My god what have I become!
I'd have preferred to buy Medal of Honor new for $5 with the coupon but alas I already have that.

I already have GOW3 from release but I'll be picking up another copy tomorrow along with Crysis 2(haven't played) and Medal of Honor(owned and flipped 3 times) since my BBY has all 3 in stock.

~$14+tax after $10 cert= win:)

[quote name='Velo214']coupons and 10% off stack. even better 10% off is from base price pre coupon.

and i locked in 2 gow3 @ amazon a few days ago for 21 each. 22->42. eh its ok[/QUOTE]

that's what I thought, thank you

[quote name='kanamit']I finally used a coupon from the magazine and bought Crysis 2 for $7...not sure i even liked it when i rented wtf why did i buy it :roll:. My god what have I become!
I'd have preferred to buy Medal of Honor new for $5 with the coupon but alas I already have that.[/QUOTE]

It appears that buying 2 preowned games in-store will only allow a 10% GCU discount to apply to one item. I bought Crysis 2 and GoW 3 preowned with @Gamer coupons and only GoW 3 got the GCU discount. So if my theory is true, you're better off buying them in separate transactionis if you're looking to pick up two.

yeah go for seperate transactions. that's what happened to me when i tried to buy 2 the other day. They had no clue but guessed it was only 1 discount per game, but if it happened to you w 2 diff games then yeah i guess only once per transaction?

it isnt like that online cuz when i was getting b2g2f it was 10% off both of the preowned games i was buying.

[quote name='creatureofwar']Best Buy's website has WWE 12 and AC: Revelations on sale for $39.99. Anyone know if this is in store as well?[/QUOTE]
It's in their weekly ad so I'd assume so.

[quote name='creatureofwar']Best Buy's website has WWE 12 and AC: Revelations on sale for $39.99. Anyone know if this is in store as well?[/QUOTE]

They should price match their own site unless it's from their outlet. If thats the case then it depends on the store/manager. Theyre not supposed to but it happens.

Is the issue of the magazine at bestbuy now? If not anyone know when it's expect to be there? I would love to pick up medal of honor and sign up for the mag!

[quote name='Velo214']yeah go for seperate transactions. that's what happened to me when i tried to buy 2 the other day. They had no clue but guessed it was only 1 discount per game, but if it happened to you w 2 diff games then yeah i guess only once per transaction?

it isnt like that online cuz when i was getting b2g2f it was 10% off both of the preowned games i was buying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats odd how the discount seems to be working only on one game per transaction. If so hopefully BB fixes that at some point because it will affect B2G1 sales.

[quote name='Slight Defect']Is the issue of the magazine at bestbuy now? If not anyone know when it's expect to be there? I would love to pick up medal of honor and sign up for the mag![/QUOTE]

should be. My stores have had their mags ready on Day 1 now for the past few months. Just call your local BB to confirm first.

[quote name='Althax']They should price match their own site unless it's from their outlet. If thats the case then it depends on the store/manager. Theyre not supposed to but it happens.[/QUOTE]

I guess I was wondering if it is a sale price that will work with the @gamer coupons and if anyone has had any success with the sale on WWE 12 or Revelations with coupons.

I never have success using the coupons on sale prices at my local store. It's so bad that I've stopped going to the store five minutes away and have to go to one 30 minutes away. They argue with me every single time like I'm trying to steal stuff or something.

[quote name='creatureofwar']I guess I was wondering if it is a sale price that will work with the @gamer coupons and if anyone has had any success with the sale on WWE 12 or Revelations with coupons.

I never have success using the coupons on sale prices at my local store. It's so bad that I've stopped going to the store five minutes away and have to go to one 30 minutes away. They argue with me every single time like I'm trying to steal stuff or something.[/QUOTE]shouldn't be an issue any longer since they changed the wording on the back of the coupon to "markdowns taken off of sale prices".

bread's done
Back