Best Buy @Gamer coupons (Jan/Feb 12 issue) - WWE 12, Medal of Honor, Assassin's Creed

Foladar

CAGiversary!
Found it on their Facebook:

@Gamer Magazine Issue 16 - Jan/Feb 2012

Coupons ($120 worth) in this issue are:
• $10 off WWE '12 (PS3, X360, Wii)
• $15 off Medal of Honor (PS3, X360)
• $10 off Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PS3, X360)
• $15 off Pre-Owned Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Gears of War 3 (X360)
• $20 off Pre-Owned Crysis 2 (X360, PS3)
• $20 off Rocketfish Wired or Wireless Gaming Headset
• $10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 or above

[quote name='Shaimun']Does anyone know if you can use a gamer coupon twice on the same RZ account?[/QUOTE]

I've done it by asking them not to tear it out of my magazine.

[quote name='immortalfireboy']I still haven't received my magazine. Best way to contact them?[/QUOTE]

There isnt a best way to contact best buy customer service, anything that involves a phone and best buy means long waits runarounds and eventually disconnected.

What I did when I had this problem was go to the store and tell one of the guys in the gaming area. Thats what I did and he told me if i didnt get the magazine in another week to just come in and he'd give me one they had in store to use. They are pretty helpful in store, phone forget it.

[quote name='kanamit']There isnt a best way to contact best buy customer service, anything that involves a phone and best buy means long waits runarounds and eventually disconnected.

What I did when I had this problem was go to the store and tell one of the guys in the gaming area. Thats what I did and he told me if i didnt get the magazine in another week to just come in and he'd give me one they had in store to use. They are pretty helpful in store, phone forget it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have it on me, but there is a support number for the @Gamer magazine directly, when I had to call to find out the state of my subscription it only took a few minutes. Hopefully someone can swoop in and post that.

I have a really big problem here (I already asked on the Best Buy forums, but curious if anyone here had this issue). But ALL of my purchase history on RZ has dissapeared, everything pending and everything i ever purchased.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them?

[quote name='dgwillia006']I have a really big problem here (I already asked on the Best Buy forums, but curious if anyone here had this issue). But ALL of my purchase history on RZ has dissapeared, everything pending and everything i ever purchased.

Anyone have anything similar happen to them?[/QUOTE]
Mine too. Hopefully the website is just acting up for now.

Ah ok, less worried now then. Had about 300-400 points i was getting tommorow too (And more between now and when the Vita launches). Was gonna rage if i was getting shenanigan'd or something

So any idea of the date for the next magazine? Sorry if it's been asked before. Approximately when do they show up to your mailbox? They really gonna make us wait until March for the next issue? They claim it's a 12 month subscription. I'm in month one with only the magazine from the store when I signed up.

Just a heads up for those who might wanna try 'double dipping' next week. Next week's ad includes a "free" Gamer's Club Unlocked/@Gamer subscription when buying a $29.99 or higher pre-owned game.

As of now, Crysis 2 is $29.99($7 after coupon & Gamer's Club Unlocked discount).

Not sure if the system would need an override or not to allow both things to work simultaneously, but you could always take in the print ad and argue the point, eh?;)

[quote name='pwnthee']So any idea of the date for the next magazine? Sorry if it's been asked before. Approximately when do they show up to your mailbox? They really gonna make us wait until March for the next issue? They claim it's a 12 month subscription. I'm in month one with only the magazine from the store when I signed up.[/QUOTE]
Yes. 12 months, but only 10 issues. Possibly 11 counting the 1 you received in-store when signing up.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just a heads up for those who might wanna try 'double dipping' next week. Next week's ad includes a "free" Gamer's Club Unlocked/@Gamer subscription when buying a $29.99 or higher pre-owned game.

As of now, Crysis 2 is $29.99($7 after coupon & Gamer's Club Unlocked discount).

Not sure if the system would need an override or not to allow both things to work simultaneously, but you could always take in the print ad and argue the point, eh?;)[/QUOTE] already picked up crysis but I'm gonna try with the $10 off coupon. Just make sure everything rings up fine then pull the "oh yeah, I got this coupon too" approach

[quote name='shadowkast']already picked up crysis but I'm gonna try with the $10 off coupon. Just make sure everything rings up fine then pull the "oh yeah, I got this coupon too" approach[/QUOTE]
I'll have to buy another copy of this month's issue since I used my coupon the other day. I was tempted to do the B2G1 this week and pick up Crysis 2, Gears Of War 3 and a third game, let them finish out the transaction and then mention the coupons as well.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just a heads up for those who might wanna try 'double dipping' next week. Next week's ad includes a "free" Gamer's Club Unlocked/@Gamer subscription when buying a $29.99 or higher pre-owned game.

Not sure if the system would need an override or not to allow both things to work simultaneously, but you could always take in the print ad and argue the point, eh?;)[/QUOTE]

This is precisely what i'll try doing next week. Thanks for the heads up

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'll have to buy another copy of this month's issue since I used my coupon the other day. I was tempted to do the B2G1 this week and pick up Crysis 2, Gears Of War 3 and a third game, let them finish out the transaction and then mention the coupons as well.:D[/QUOTE]
Tried that with Crysis 2, Gears of War 3, and MK vs. DC U. After the coupons were scanned GOW 3 went down to $11, Crysis 2 went down to $10 (no 10% GCU discount applied) and MK vs. DC U went back up to $18.

[quote name='boneless']Sorry if this was asked recently. But does the preowned store inventory work on BB site?[/QUOTE]

err...half-@$$ed at absolute best

In my neck of the woods, it widely varies from store to store. Several stores in my area won't show any pre-owned inventory online. Others will show lots. Some will show some inventory. I've been hitting the BB site and several stores A LOT with the B2G2 followed by the on-going B2G1.

And thanks for the info about the @Gamer mag. Kinda sucks for me that I won't be able to take advantage of the majority of the coupons...going back to Korea to teach soon. The B2G2 alone saved me more than the $15 though.

Enjoy it guys and gals. The BB deals won't last forever. They're coming on and will pick up steam when they try taking a bite out of GS's business. Should be good while it lasts :cool:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ah ok, less worried now then. Had about 300-400 points i was getting tommorow too (And more between now and when the Vita launches). Was gonna rage if i was getting shenanigan'd or something[/QUOTE]

Doesn't it reset about this time of year?... Usually some time in Jan or Feb right? Or did they stop doing that that?

[quote name='JKSonic']Doesn't it reset about this time of year?... Usually some time in Jan or Feb right? Or did they stop doing that that?[/QUOTE]
They are supposed to reset on Jan 1 (where they cash out any certs you're eligible for and throw away the rest of the points.)
I think if you are silver, though, your points don't expire.

[quote name='JKSonic']Doesn't it reset about this time of year?... Usually some time in Jan or Feb right? Or did they stop doing that that?[/QUOTE]

You can tell it's time for the points reset if you're only a few points away from a new cert. At least that's how I can tell.

I thought of something that I'm a little surprised no one else has mentioned or tried: Assassin's Creed: Revelations is currently $29.99 at Gamestop, so if you have a cool BBY, they might PM that price and also let you use the @Gamer coupon to get it for $19.99.

YMMV, obviously. ;)

[quote name='Vigilante']I thought of something that I'm a little surprised no one else has mentioned or tried: Assassin's Creed: Revelations is currently $29.99 at Gamestop, so if you have a cool BBY, they might PM that price and also let you use the @Gamer coupon to get it for $19.99.

YMMV, obviously. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea I was thinking about doing that. If my boy nate is working today then I know he will do it. When does that sale at gamestop for ac rev end anyway ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yea I was thinking about doing that. If my boy nate is working today then I know he will do it. When does that sale at gamestop for ac rev end anyway ?[/QUOTE]I believe it ends Monday, 1/30.

The next issue supposedly has a coupon for UC: Golden Abyss according to the store employee. Could be BS though but with ToysrUS discount price sorta makes sense.

For those of you not aware, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is on sale for $29.99 this week. With the $10 coupon added, it is right at many people's price point. Although I already have the PS3 version, I ended up buying the 360 version yesterday since my cousin will also be playing this game.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']For those of you not aware, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is on sale for $29.99 this week. With the $10 coupon added, it is right at many people's price point. Although I already have the PS3 version, I ended up buying the 360 version yesterday since my cousin will also be playing this game.[/QUOTE]

Very good find. Will def go pick this up later on today.

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']For those of you not aware, Assassin's Creed: Revelations is on sale for $29.99 this week. With the $10 coupon added, it is right at many people's price point. Although I already have the PS3 version, I ended up buying the 360 version yesterday since my cousin will also be playing this game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the post. I'll probably pick this up now too.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Really wanted a deal on WWE by the end of the coupon. Doesn't look good! Damn![/QUOTE]

Same here, but we still have next week and the week after, and the possibility of sales elsewhere to price match, so...

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']The new issue has a 10$ off coupon for L.A. Noire and I'm not sure if it was 10$ or 20$ off Catherine[/QUOTE] that's the previous issue (Decembers)

[quote name='WV Matsui']Really wanted a deal on WWE by the end of the coupon. Doesn't look good! Damn![/QUOTE]

You must have missed it. It was $39.99 3 weeks ago.

Excellent getting close to finishing AC2 and will then be playin Brotherhood. $20 sounds great for Revelations. Now its deciding between ps3 and 360, I want AC1 but I have the other games on 360 so I will prob just stick with 360

Anybody know if the deal where you buy a used game 29.99 or more and get gamers club unlocked free is still good? I know it was a week ago.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I want it for $20 :)[/QUOTE]

You might be waiting until WWE '13 comes out for that one. I can tell you the game is frustrating as all hell. I had mastered SVR 11 and I always won. This one they made it too hard and I can almost never get any moves in.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Excellent getting close to finishing AC2 and will then be playin Brotherhood. $20 sounds great for Revelations. Now its deciding between ps3 and 360, I want AC1 but I have the other games on 360 so I will prob just stick with 360[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, why does it matter what platform you have the other games on? I played all the AC series thru Brotherhood on 360, but got AC:R on PS3 just cause of the bonus content. I dont see a *need* to keep a series on one console.

[quote name='hostyl1']Out of curiosity, why does it matter what platform you have the other games on? I played all the AC series thru Brotherhood on 360, but got AC:R on PS3 just cause of the bonus content. I dont see a *need* to keep a series on one console.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. That being said i too like to keep a series like ass creed on one console for two reasons. First one is that my collection will look more orginised with all the games from a particular series together for the same console (i perfer the assassins creed series on the ps3) and the second reason is that i like to play certin games with the 360 controller and others with the ps3 one

Went to get a RZ Gamers Unlocked subscription, and after 10min of walking around the movies/games section, I gave up. No blue-shirt in sight!

I fucking hate this place, but sadly I'll try again before the AC:R sale is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Went to get a RZ Gamers Unlocked prescription, and after 10min of walking around the movies/games section, I gave up. No blue-shirt in sight!

I fucking hate this place, but sadly I'll try again before the AC:R sale is over.[/QUOTE]

First of all, I am sure you mean SUBscription. I almost say prescription all the time, so I know how you could make the typo easily. Seriously. Anyway, just see if you can find a gamer unlocked pamphlet and take it to any register with the mag and coups and have them scan the barcode in the pamphlet. Done.

:rofl:

It's been a heck of a long day at work. Can't believe I typed that, thanks for the tip on the pamphlet, I'll be sure to do that in the next couple of days.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Went to get a RZ Gamers Unlocked prescription, and after 10min of walking around the movies/games section, I gave up. No blue-shirt in sight!

I fucking hate this place, but sadly I'll try again before the AC:R sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Why didnt you just go to customer service or one of the yellow shirts at the door and ask them to page someone?

@strait: Never thought of the 'collection' angle. But that might be because I sold/traded AC1, AC2, and AC:B. I liked all three a bunch (AC2 likely my favorite), but I know I'll never play them again. (Especially since Ubi just keeps cranking new ones out.)

I'm ready for the March issue. I was able to use the GOW 3 and Crysis 2 coupons (already had WWE 12, MOH and AC Rev) so I've got about everything I can out of this one unless I find something worthwhile for the $10 of $29.99 coupon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:rofl:

It's been a heck of a long day at work. Can't believe I typed that, thanks for the tip on the pamphlet, I'll be sure to do that in the next couple of days.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. A DOD avatar, and having a bad day at work. Should I be watching the news for reports of a gunman wandering the streets and creating havoc?

(Falling down reference)

Anyone know about how long it takes to get your magazine in when you get in the gamers club? I have had mine about 3 weeks now and still no new issue. I'd like to pick up ACR and a copy of Black ops. Wonder if they will give me a magazine in the store instead of waiting?

bread's done
Back