Best Buy Gamers Club Offers: $20 off Last of Us, $10 off Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5, 50% off TB N11 Headset

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
This is the first time a free after coupon transaction at best buy wasn't a nightmare for me.  Now to find something to use my new cable on.

They'll have to scan the coupon for it to be free. Interestingly, they never entered my gamer reward id and everything still worked.

Got the hdmi cable today, no issues other than the guy thought the $24.99 sale price was the coupon. I had to tell him to scan it after he rang it up. He looked irritated as hell, as if he thought I was personally insulting him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep my bad guys, you do need the coupon printed or have them manually put in that barcode.

I thought these coupons would just pop up though since it was tied to your account?

Yep my bad guys, you do need the coupon printed or have them manually put in that barcode.

I thought these coupons would just pop up though since it was tied to your account?
If you buy online for instore pickup or shipping it tied to the account but if you going into store to buy the printed coupon is needed

If you buy online for instore pickup or shipping it tied to the account but if you going into store to buy the printed coupon is needed
For this coupon, it says "Coupon not redeemable at BestBuy.com®" so I'm not sure how'd you get it to work even with in store pickup. In store pick up is still considered a .com order. I think you're stuck with going in store only for this offer.

However, I know that for past coupons, it would automatically trigger for any online order and you could double dip by printing the coupon and going in store.

Picked up the free HDMI cable as well.  Bought a cheap filler video game that I'll return later this week so the cable ringing up for free wouldn't raise suspicion. 

The online stock checker said my local store was out of them, but I went in to the store anyway and there were 2 cables hanging on the shelves.  Often times the online stock checker will show something as out of stock in the inventory is less than 2 or 3, so just something to keep in mind.

For this coupon, it says "Coupon not redeemable at BestBuy.com®" so I'm not sure how'd you get it to work even with in store pickup. In store pick up is still considered a .com order. I think you're stuck with going in store only for this offer.

However, I know that for past coupons, it would automatically trigger for any online order and you could double dip by printing the coupon and going in store.
it says that on the coupon cause you looking at the printed version all the coupons say that every single time on every item cause that is the printed version that why it only shows the coupon when you click print coupon which mean since it is printed it can only be used in store but online the coupons always come off automatically.

Went to grab the free HDMI cable which I did not find. I did find a mint Bravely Default CE though.
Nice find.
Did you make sure to ask or check in the 3DS section? The best buy I went to had the component cables only in the wii u section, in the place where the HDMI cables were labeled. I went to the 3DS section and the HDMI ones were where the component cables should be.

Got two, no problems. Cashier just smiled at me, and started a polite conversation.

nZZkmPkl.jpg

Not bad.

I initially grabbed the wrong cable, as the standard non-Wii U cables were on the peg that the sale item was on. The cashier rang it up and I noticed it came up as $40, which I knew was wrong, but he took off $25 manually. Thankfully I caught this and told him to void the transaction while I went to grab the proper cable.

I had to wait forever for the transaction to be cancelled, so I ended up checking out at customer service where the employees were super rude.

...I think I need to stop shopping at this location.

Nice find.
Did you make sure to ask or check in the 3DS section? The best buy I went to had the component cables only in the wii u section, in the place where the HDMI cables were labeled. I went to the 3DS section and the HDMI ones were where the component cables should be.

Got two, no problems. Cashier just smiled at me, and started a polite conversation.
I did. I must have walked around the gaming section 5-6 times LOL. It's either in the back or somewhere else in the store. I'll ask someone the next time I'm in. Everyone I saw was busy with someone and I had to leave.

it says that on the coupon cause you looking at the printed version all the coupons say that every single time on every item cause that is the printed version that why it only shows the coupon when you click print coupon which mean since it is printed it can only be used in store but online the coupons always come off automatically.
Not true. Try getting this for in store pickup while you're logged in. You won't get the discount. I tried and it didn't automatically drop it to free like for past coupons (GCU offers versions, not the @Gamer coupons).

I also know that past GCU offers/coupons specifically said .com or in store. .com orders would come off automatically but you'd need the coupon scanned to get it discounted in store.

Not true. Try getting this for in store pickup while you're logged in. You won't get the discount. I tried and it didn't automatically drop it to free like for past coupons (GCU offers versions, not the @Gamer coupons).

I also know that past GCU offers/coupons specifically said .com or in store. .com orders would come off automatically but you'd need the coupon scanned to get it discounted in store.
go to the coupons and check out what does the coupon for bioshock infinite say on it? it says not redeemable on bestbuy.com correct? now add bioshock infinite to your online shopping cart and it will come up as $19.99 after coupon or $15.99 if you are gcu. check out that specific coupon and then add it to the cart and see for yourself then let me know what you see and you will see for yourself

only last response as it's getting close to OT.  Ok, truce.  My point was that from some reason, it won't take the coupon for the HDMI cable online off for me.  So that leads me to believe that at the very least, they closed the double dip (use in store AND online) loophole as I used the coupon in store earlier today.

only last response as it's getting close to OT. Ok, truce. My point was that from some reason, it won't take the coupon for the HDMI cable online off for me. So that leads me to believe that at the very least, they closed the double dip (use in store AND online) loophole as I used the coupon in store earlier today.
ok if you talking about the hdmi coupon then no the only reason that won't appy online is the regular my gamer club coupons never work online period if the item end up free that why 3 months ago when espn sport connection on wii u was free it only worked in store if the item cost some money it work online and instore both but if the item is free after a regular gamer club coupon then it will only go through on a in store register but if it would of been $27.99 online then yes it would of took $25 off online since it would of costed money out pocket

GCU newb here. Where do I find my weekly coupons? Should I sift through some emails? I want to try for an HDMI cable tomorrow.

Am I supposed to get a Gamer magazine with coupons? Am I not seeing them online because I'm on mobile version? Did I not get an email? Man, it's lonely in here.

Am I supposed to get a Gamer magazine with coupons? Am I not seeing them online because I'm on mobile version? Did I not get an email? Man, it's lonely in here.
I don't think us noobs get Gamer mag coupons because they are discontinuing the mag. Only those who have been grandfathered get them until the sunset date (in a few months, I believe).

You should have gotten a welcome email with 3 coupons though.

Yea, I can confirm this as well.  Rang up $49.99 at my store but luckily the shelf tag still said $24.99 so I got them to override.  Even w/ mgr override the coupon still worked just fine.

bread's done
Back