Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked 2 years $60 (50% discount)

Trustn01

CAGiversary!
I've been waiting for this deal to come back around.  Best Buy will be running a half-off their Gamers Club Unlocked membership from 5/25 - 5/31.  It's normally $119.99 and will be on sale for $60.  They run this promo every once in a while and it makes the membership worthwhile.

Assuming Best Buy is still around for 2 years, here's what you'll get:

Gamers Club Unlocked Benefits:
Get 20% off new video games for 2 full years
Get 2x base points on new video game software, digital content, and game accessories
Get 2 points for every dollar when you trade-in games
Get points on gaming consoles
Redeem Reward Certificates on nearly everything at Best Buy
10% bonus trade-in credit on your video game software trade-ins
10% off pre-owned games
Buy two, get the third free on pre-owned games via special welcome coupon
Save 50% on a new strategy guide via special welcome coupon

I'm still not sure what's going on with their magazine but I assume if it's still being posted digitally, it would probably be included also.

It pays off so well if you buy games on release. Best Buy gives $10 back on most AAA titles when you pre-order. It's foolish not to be a GCU member and then pre-order your games.

Still shocking to me to hear anyone on this deal website trying to argue against it.
I definitely would, all the time if 3DS and Wii U games were included in those lists. All I ever see for these $10 or $20 back in RZ are XBOX and Playstation titles, which I don't care for, the majority of the time. The majority of my gaming purchases are on Nintendo systems.

I'm so conflicted on whether to get this or not.  I calculated up how much i spent on games over the last  2 years at BB and I would have saved $54 with this. 

I went and signed up this morning. Was i supposed to receive coupons or anything immediately, cuz all i got was a receipt. Also, last night i preordered/paid for watch dogs for $60, and wasnt able to preorder a copy in store. Does anyone know if when i pick up watch dogs on tuesday if it'll automatically apply the unlocked 20% off discount? I was talking with the employees and they werent sure but said they would adjust it if it didnt work.

I went and signed up this morning. Was i supposed to receive coupons or anything immediately, cuz all i got was a receipt. Also, last night i preordered/paid for watch dogs for $60, and wasnt able to preorder a copy in store. Does anyone know if when i pick up watch dogs on tuesday if it'll automatically apply the unlocked 20% off discount? I was talking with the employees and they werent sure but said they would adjust it if it didnt work.
I also signed up this morning and i had the same question.

Instead of not getting the credit on tuesday i went ahead and preordered watch dogs again, this time for $48. I'm gonna cancel pick up for $60 one once tuesday comes coz i cant cancel it right now since it is already processing.

I'm so conflicted on whether to get this or not. I calculated up how much i spent on games over the last 2 years at BB and I would have saved $54 with this.
if you plan on buying 5 new titles or more this is worth it. plus this makes most big games roughly $40 at release since you get $10 in reward certificates on more big games for preordering, then 20% off saving another $12. so if you are the type to wait till $40 for a new game this would be worth it as you get the game sooner.

if you plan on buying 5 new titles or more this is worth it. plus this makes most big games roughly $40 at release since you get $10 in reward certificates on more big games for preordering, then 20% off saving another $12. so if you are the type to wait till $40 for a new game this would be worth it as you get the game sooner.
True, I think I'm going to do it. When I sign up in store does anyone know if it is activated right away? I'm planning on preordaerning watchdogs right after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also signed up this morning and i had the same question.

Instead of not getting the credit on tuesday i went ahead and preordered watch dogs again, this time for $48. I'm gonna cancel pick up for $60 one once tuesday comes coz i cant cancel it right now since it is already processing.
Yeah im about to do the same. Yesterday it said it was the last day to preorder but im glad that was wrong. Did you get any coupons for signing up? I didnt even see where you take anything to sign up. I was picking up another order and the employee said she had the thing to sign up at the counter

Yeah im about to do the same. Yesterday it said it was the last day to preorder but im glad that was wrong. Did you get any coupons for signing up? I didnt even see where you take anything to sign up. I was picking up another order and the employee said she had the thing to sign up at the counter
Nah didnt get any coupons while signing up

coupons are emailed

I'm debating if I wanna extend my membership or wait until it expires and then extend it.

Really loving the 20% off.

So I bought the GCU and a few minutes later put $5 on Watch Dogs, but on the receipt it still came up full price.  Does the GCU take some time to kick in and will I have a problem adjusting it on Tuesday?

So I bought the GCU and a few minutes later put $5 on Watch Dogs, but on the receipt it still came up full price. Does the GCU take some time to kick in and will I have a problem adjusting it on Tuesday?
Wondering this too, shouldn't it be $4 to preorder a game?

I decided to join the club today! grabbed the membership for $60.

I figured if I buy Watch Dogs and Infamous on Tuesday Ill be saving $20 which is already of a third of the cost.

Also I paid with my gift card that I got today!

Looking forward to getting in on some of these great GCU deals I've run across

Thanks for posting this. I got in the club today! I just bought Mario Kart 8 for $35 after GCU and a $15 reward cert. Awesome! 

Signed up today for the first time. The guy in the video game section had no idea how to ring it up so he had to look it up on the computer and call a few people but after 15 minutes or so he got it all figured out.

Figure it will pay for itself in no time after a few nintendo game purchases for 3ds and wii u.

New subscribers remember if you want the 20% off in-store right away you have to purchase the sub + games in the same transaction. It takes up to 48 hrs for it to apply after purchase.

I definitely would, all the time if 3DS and Wii U games were included in those lists. All I ever see for these $10 or $20 back in RZ are XBOX and Playstation titles, which I don't care for, the majority of the time. The majority of my gaming purchases are on Nintendo systems.
You still get the 20% off on release or when there`s a sale so it still winds up workig out for nintendo titles. When there`s b2g1 combined with 10% off on used the 3ds deals are impossible to beat. B2G1 + GCU on new makes 3DS titles under $22 pre-tax + 2x pts. Just stock up when the right sale comes.
The welcome kit coupons starts you off with 1 b2g1 coupon on used which would cover at least 1/3 of the sub cost right off the bat.

I'm so conflicted on whether to get this or not. I calculated up how much i spent on games over the last 2 years at BB and I would have saved $54 with this.
You don`t calculate your BB spending you calculate your total game spending. Do you spend over $150 per year on games total? There`s alot of variables to consider
1- If Amazon is offering $20 credit & so is BB are you buying day 1 for $12 less.
2- What`s your sale"buy price" $30, $40 or $50? A $50 sale is $40 w/GCU, a $40 sale is $32.. so even when waiting you`re getting games close to 50% off in under 6 weeks mostly.
3- How often do you trade in games? If you get GCU & put up $100 you could "float" the $100 on games with credit in a play n trade system. $100 could fully cover 7+ games.

Question:

If I buy GCU is the following correct?

1.) I preorder to get the $10 credit

2.) when I actually go pay on Tuesday it's $48 before tax

3.) if I buy a year PS Plus when u pick up the game it will be 39.99

4.) so I can get watchdogs and a year of Plus for $78 after considering the $10 preorder credit

I went to get this today and the guy at the store said I couldn't extend my membership without the renew email.  He said if I buy a new subscription, it will override my current subscription and does not stack.  How do I get it to stack?  Should I just go in and purchase a new membership?

Thanks

I went to get this today and the guy at the store said I couldn't extend my membership without the renew email. He said if I buy a new subscription, it will override my current subscription and does not stack. How do I get it to stack? Should I just go in and purchase a new membership?

Thanks
He is wrong it stacks

I went to trade in a couple of XB1 games today because of this week's extra 50% promotion, but I did not get the extra 10% on top of that for GCU. The guy handling the trade-in clearly wasn't familiar with the process and said there was nowhere in the transaction to scan the RZ card. I told him this was one of the advertised benefits of GCU, so he got a manager to come over and help. She said "they're no longer doing that." I went ahead and did the trade-in because the closest BB is a 40-minute drive for me.

Has anyone else heard anything like this? I'm 99.9% sure she was wrong, but I wanted to ask here before I make a customer service call.

I went to trade in a couple of XB1 games today because of this week's extra 50% promotion, but I did not get the extra 10% on top of that for GCU. The guy handling the trade-in clearly wasn't familiar with the process and said there was nowhere in the transaction to scan the RZ card. I told him this was one of the advertised benefits of GCU, so he got a manager to come over and help. She said "they're no longer doing that." I went ahead and did the trade-in because the closest BB is a 40-minute drive for me.

Has anyone else heard anything like this? I'm 99.9% sure she was wrong, but I wanted to ask here before I make a customer service call.
Nope those people were wrong on this one. Just traded in a couple days ago and I'll had to do was mention about the 10% and she took care of it right there.

Post on the BB forums and they will fix it for you.

bread's done
Back