Best Buy GCU not working

wwe101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Anyone else having issues with GCU? I purchased it online on Thursday and got the verification email the next day, but 4 days later I still see no trace of it on my account. I checked BB support forums and it seems like everybody is having this same issue. I called customer service and all they could tell me is that they are working on the issue.

Very disappointed with BB as it appears others have been dealing with this issue for weeks.

I would like to preorder Mario and get the $10 pre order bonus, but at this rate, I'm not sure this will get resolved anytime soon.

Mine took 7 business days (more than a week) to kick in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having issues with GCU? I purchased it online on Thursday and got the verification email the next day, but 4 days later I still see no trace of it on my account. I checked BB support forums and it seems like everybody is having this same issue. I called customer service and all they could tell me is that they are working on the issue.

Very disappointed with BB as it appears others have been dealing with this issue for weeks.

I would like to preorder Mario and get the $10 pre order bonus, but at this rate, I'm not sure this will get resolved anytime soon.
When i renewed, I had that issue. After a private message, they fixed it and added my discount back into my order. Then a day after or so the discount showed up. I did this online as well.

Came here to post the same thing! I purchased mine on 10/6 and it's still not activated. Apparently it's happening with literally everyone buying it: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/Gamers-Club-is-not-getting-added-to-my-cart-when-I-purchase-a/td-p/1056139

I've sent a message and put out a tweet telling them how bad of a situation this is. Hopefully mine gets activated before Mario Odyssey comes out, otherwise I'll stick with Amazon.
Yep still no response from Best Buy other than being told to wait. This is absolutely ridiculous.

So instead of trying to help me, the best buy "support" people on their forums have deleted my posts and blocked me. Unreal.

Have you tried calling yet, or just been doing the posting/messaging approach?

I had issues as well when I first got my GCU, but after a couple of days, I called it and asked what the issue was, and they got it working for me on that call.

I usually have a hard time dealing with their CS through messaging and emails, but their call centers have been more helpful from this regard.

Of course I have called twice, and the response has been that there is a system wide problem and they are working on it.

I also received an email today stating that while they are working on the issue, the can not give me a date or time table the expect the issue to be resolved.

Absolutely ridiculous treatment and response by BBY and they are doing it to hundreds (see BBY forums).

I informed them, if it is still not working by the end of the week, I will be filing a charge back on my credit card, something I've never had to do. I think I've been more than patient waiting 2+ weeks for a resolution. No more.

bread's done
Back