Best Buy getting 80GB PS3 Bundle with KZ2, MGS4 NOW AVAILABLE (online & stores)

Anexanhume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5305883/ps3-bundle-includes-mgs4-killzone-2

It's the standard 399.99, but with those two games, it's one heck of a bundle deal.

The article isn't clear on what "Next Sunday" is. Since this was posted on Friday, I take it to mean 9 days from then, or July 12th.

EDIT: This item is now available on BestBuy.com clicky. In-store pickup available, but no online ordering.

EDIT 2: Best buy switched it, online shipping is now available with in-store pickup no longer available.

EDIT 3: Some CAGers are starting to report that bundles are showing up in their local stores. For those who are curious, the MGS4 is NOT the greatest hits version.

EDIT 4: This bundle should be available at all stores now, and is featured in BB's 7/12 Sunday ad.

Also, you may want to check about price-matching a gift card that Toys R' Us offers:

[quote name='fahrenheits']Got this PS3 BB bundle this morning, the store manager was nice and he price matched TRU $50 gift card offer!

Paid $399.99+tax for this bundle and received $50 BB gift card for free.

TRU in my area (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) is running free $50 gift card for PS3 purchase promotion, so check with your local TRU and ask BB manger for price-match.

GL~![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wwe101']hey for anyone thats seen/got the package, are both games on one disc? that would kick ass becuase i could pick it up at gamestop for prolly dirt cheap in a couple of weeks[/QUOTE]

Yeah right. MGS4 takes up 49GB of the blu-ray itself. The game required a 5GB install and chapter installs because some of the data was compressed to even fit on the BD. Kojima even admitted the BD wasn't big enough and they had to resort to measures to get it to fit.

As for KZ2, it has levels that are around 2GBs alone and the game didn't even need an install at it made use of streaming.

Great bundle and all, but I really hate the fact that it's at Best Buy only. I live in CA and we just had the state sales tax raised by 1%. Sales tax really hurts when you're buying items that cost hundreds of dollars, which is why I've bought a couple TVs online, saving a couple hundred dollars or so in tax. If this bundle were available at other retailers I'd be saving ~$35 on tax alone.

Yeah, this would be a much more enticing bundle if offered by Amazon. Tax is definitely a deal breaker when it comes to big ticket items. Fortunately, in Jersey, a lot of places are in "Urban Enterprise Zones," and they charge only 3.5% sales tax. Still, I could buy a clearance game with that money.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, this would be a much more enticing bundle if offered by Amazon. Tax is definitely a deal breaker when it comes to big ticket items. Fortunately, in Jersey, a lot of places are in "Urban Enterprise Zones," and they charge only 3.5% sales tax. Still, I could buy a clearance game with that money.[/QUOTE]

There's nice things about buying from B&M store too. You get it right away, don't have to worry about shipping damage or it getting lost/stolen, support local economy, and if it has problems it's easier to replace.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Thanks, updated OP.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.:)

[quote name='stryker']The PS3 KZ2/MGS4 Bundle is available NOW at BestBuy.com!

*For in-store pick up only![/QUOTE]

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Correction - Ships within 1 Business Day. Store Pickup - Not Available.[/QUOTE]

At the time of my posting, it was "store pickup" only. Looks like BB.com switched it. You're right, it's now only available for delivery!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blk00civicsi']OP Fix your title. It's only available online. Store Pickup is not available yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stryker']You're welcome.:)

At the time of my posting, it was "store pickup" only. Looks like BB.com switched it. You're right, it's now only available for delivery![/QUOTE]

Re-updated OP. It was in-store pickup and no shipping earlier, I sat and looked at the stores near me that had them :D

In-store pick-up probably won't be available until this Sunday, when it's officially announced in the weekly ad. So exercise patience to those who can wait!

I wonder if other retailers will get bundles too, perhaps with different games. If I were them I wouldn't be too happy with BBY getting such a great bundle and my store getting nothing. I guess Target has the GH bundle, but what about WM, Amazon, GS, etc.

Want a PS3 but can't see myself getting one but till they bring back backwards compatibility (if they ever do) . Great deal for people who don't care about bc.

[quote name='dreadful']Want a PS3 but can't see myself getting one but till they bring back backwards compatibility (if they ever do) . Great deal for people who don't care about bc.[/QUOTE]

So why didn't you get one when they came with BC? Oh, the price... I see. You want features but you don't want to pay for them.

Besides, BC is way overrated. Plenty of great PS3 games out there.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']So why didn't you get one when they came with BC? Oh, the price... I see. You want features but you don't want to pay for them.

Besides, BC is way overrated. Plenty of great PS3 games out there.[/QUOTE]

pause...........................NOT!:lol:

Was going to wait another month or so for some upcoming PS3 "news", but luckily found a BB that was selling the bundle and just couldn't resist. This bundle was just too pimp. :p

The KZ2/MGS4 bundles were tucked all the way up in the top shelf racks though, if anybody out there is looking for it in a B&M; you have to ask them to check the inventory and look around. I mean at the BB I went to, the dudes were running around for like 5-10 minutes trying to locate them.

[quote name='munkyballz']Was going to wait another month or so for some upcoming PS3 "news", but luckily found a BB that was selling the bundle and just couldn't resist. This bundle was just too pimp. :p

The KZ2/MGS4 bundles were tucked all the way up in the top shelf racks though, if anybody out there is looking for it in a B&M; you have to ask them to check the inventory and look around. I mean at the BB I went to, the dudes were running around for like 5-10 minutes trying to locate them.[/QUOTE]

such a great bundle. how is killzone 2?

[quote name='wwe101']such a great bundle. how is killzone 2?[/QUOTE]
In my opinion it has the best multiplayer of any FPS on the PS3. The single player is also good. The problem with the Killzone games are that they have mediocre stories but the Killzone universe has an amazing back story.

Read about it here if you're interested:

http://www.killzone.com/kz/storyline.psml

[quote name='Distrato']In my opinion it has the best multiplayer of any FPS on the PS3. The single player is also good. The problem with the Killzone games are that they have mediocre stories but the Killzone universe has an amazing back story.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/storyline.psml[/QUOTE]

i heard the graphics where also great

[quote name='Distrato']In my opinion it has the best multiplayer of any FPS on the PS3. The single player is also good. The problem with the Killzone games are that they have mediocre stories but the Killzone universe has an amazing back story.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/storyline.psml[/QUOTE]

KZ2 is the by far graphically the best looking console FPS game out there. They weren't kidding when they said levels were as big as 2GB with the texture quality. Guerilla also keeps pimping out new DLC levels, one of them is a multiplayer map on a moving train and another where a nuke goes off. Very cool.

There is just too much tell in the story of Killzone but the website has a good background.

[quote name='technole']KZ2 is the by far graphically the best looking console FPS game out there. They weren't kidding when they said levels were as big as 2GB with the texture quality. Guerilla also keeps pimping out new DLC levels, one of them is a multiplayer map on a moving train and another where a nuke goes off. Very cool.

There is just too much tell in the story of Killzone but the website has a good background.[/QUOTE]

is the dlc free?

[quote name='phdeez']Nope, there are 2 map packs (containing 2 maps each) for 5.99 each.[/QUOTE]

ugghh!!!! i hate when map packs arent free, they should be included in the game from the first place.

[quote name='wwe101']ugghh!!!! i hate when map packs arent free, they should be included in the game from the first place.[/QUOTE]

The game already has a wealth of maps out-of-the-box. Games like Burnout Paradise, Halo 3, and KZ2 have paid DLC to keep the developers moving along with more content. They should get paid for their work and the numbers prove it since the map packs are top sellers on PSN.

I picked up this bundle at the local Best Buy this afternoon and I must say I'm happy to finally be a PS3 owner.

Just to let everyone know, in case you were wondering, the bundle is not a prepackaged bundle, meaning that at the factory, I assume, they open an 80 gig system, toss the two free games in and re-seal it and slap the bundle sticker showing the two games on the box.

And the MGS4 I got was not a greatest hits version. So for those of you that are concerned about that, rest easy.

Well, I'm off to try some Killzone. I'll wait til later to try MGS4 when I have a few hours to watch some cutscenes. Ha!

[quote name='Distrato']In my opinion it has the best multiplayer of any FPS on the PS3. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='technole']KZ2 is the by far graphically the best looking console FPS game out there. [/QUOTE]
true and true

Let's not forget about CoD4 when it comes to best MP of any FPS for the PS3.

I do love the Killzone 2 multiplayer though. I've logged almost 100 hours into it. It's very unique in the atmosphere, feel of the guns, and the mechanics. I like the flying and sentry bots.

[quote name='womfalcs7']Let's not forget about CoD4 when it comes to best MP of any FPS for the PS3.

I do love the Killzone 2 multiplayer though. I've logged almost 100 hours into it. It's very unique in the atmosphere, feel of the guns, and the mechanics. I like the flying and sentry bots.[/QUOTE]

Wow -- you have a lot of experience! Do you play with us on CAG Clan Nights?

[quote name='MrBlonde']Does anyone know if the MGS4 game that is included is the Greatest Hits or the regular covered one?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Is the gay greatest hits version that will not play on any PS3...:roll: come on man, are you telling me that you wouldn't buy this bundle if you get the red case?

i never understand why people care if its a hits or regular version of any game, i mean are you buying the game to play it or look at the box?

So the games have retail packaging like you would get from a store? That's much better than the PSP bundles where the bundled game comes in a sleeve with no game case or cover art.

[quote name='oasisboy']Is the gay greatest hits version that will not play on any PS3...:roll: come on man, are you telling me that you wouldn't buy this bundle if you get the red case?[/QUOTE]

Where did i say i wouldn't buy it over some silly red case? It was just a question asked out of simple curiosity. But thanks for not acting like a complete jerk and jumping to conclusions. :applause:

[quote name='oasisboy']Is the gay greatest hits version that will not play on any PS3...:roll: come on man, are you telling me that you wouldn't buy this bundle if you get the red case?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that games had a sexual orientation... or that it mattered.

This is such an awesome deal. I'm glad I've had a PS3 for years now but if I was just buying one now I'd feel lucky as hell to see this deal.

Got this PS3 BB bundle this morning, the store manager was nice and he price matched TRU $50 gift card offer!

TRU in my area (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) is running free $50 gift card for PS3 purchase promotion, so check with your local TRU and ask BB manger for price-match.

GL~!

[quote name='fahrenheits']Got this PS3 BB bundle this morning, the store manager was nice and he price matched TRU $50 gift card offer!

GL~![/QUOTE]

wow nice job, thats sweet as F.

bread's done
Back