Best Buy Giftsets

BoilerUp

CAG Newbie
Some decent prices on a few giftset/collections over at BB.

One of them is the mission impossible "Ultimate Missions Collection" on sale for $20 and the "Extreme Trilogy" is still at $30. The extreme trilogy is the newer of the two.

Anybody know the difference between the sets? I've heard the audio is probably sub-par on the first set, but this issue still wasnt fixed for the extreme set. Is there any reason to pay more for the newer, extreme edition vs $20 for the older edition?

A few that stood out:

Rocky $30
Godfather $20
Back to the Future $40
Res Eveil $30
Underworld $30

Going to be picking up the Rocky and Godfather ones for sure and possibly the MI depending on the response to my question above.

I bought the "Extreme Trilogy" for $4.99 at Best Buy ($9.99 minus $5 upgrade and save coupon). I think you're better off with the Ultimate Missions Collection because I believe it has the Mission Impossible 3 Bonus disc and the Extreme Trilogy does not.

I also have the original individual release blurays from a Blockbuster than had them for $.99 cents each. I was under the impression that the individual releases, the ultimate missions collection, and the extreme trilogy all have the save audio and video transfers. I could be wrong though. I just know the extreme trilogy is missing that MI3 bonus disc.

I feel like $20 is a solid price for that set, but to see that you purchased basically the same thing for $5 or even $10 makes me hesitate!

I want to bite on Rocky but its $5 out of the sweet spot for me, hehe. Cheapest it gone down to was $22.49 last Dec I believe. Wish I had a cert or something right now.

Everyone should get Godfather at that price, it's an excellent collection

Back to the Future is too much (Get it from Amazon UK instead) but everything else sounds okay.

Would love to get Back To The Future....still kicking myself for not grabbing it the first day it was released for $14.99.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I bought the "Extreme Trilogy" for $4.99 at Best Buy ($9.99 minus $5 upgrade and save coupon). I think you're better off with the Ultimate Missions Collection because I believe it has the Mission Impossible 3 Bonus disc and the Extreme Trilogy does not.

I also have the original individual release blurays from a Blockbuster than had them for $.99 cents each. I was under the impression that the individual releases, the ultimate missions collection, and the extreme trilogy all have the save audio and video transfers. I could be wrong though. I just know the extreme trilogy is missing that MI3 bonus disc.[/QUOTE]You're right, that is the only difference between Extreme Trilogy and Ultimate Missions Collection.

bread's done
Back