Best Buy: Halo Reach Legendary Edition $30 and more YMMV

Cuke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ass Creed Brotherhood CE - $25
KZ3 Helghast - $50

Couple other crappy ones...

Anyway, felt this deserved its own thread because I think some of these prices just occurred as the people there kept commenting how they were just higher yesterday.

IMG952829-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My BB had Reach Legendary marked down from $60 to $50, so I grabbed one. My BB is terrible about that sort of thing, so I figured that was as good as it was going to get.

[quote name='Spyder187']El Hoardo has been identified and tagged.[/QUOTE]

Favors for friends = hoarding

I bought three. One for me, one for my friend who was with me at the time and will pay me back, and one for my friend because I know he wants the statue and figure it'd be a good birthday present.

[quote name='Cuke']Favors for friends = hoarding

I bought three. One for me, one for my friend who was with me at the time and will pay me back, and one for my friend because I know he wants the statue and figure it'd be a good birthday present.[/QUOTE]

Not to jump on the band wagon... but thats what they always say...:roll:

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Some one needs to provide the store number/location, it will be much helpful to every one else.[/QUOTE]

The ops store? Read the receipt, it says it right on it.

These just dropped from $79.99 to $59.99 at my local store. I love my local store - tons of bins with 30% to 70% off on some items & CE's (got Halo Legendary for $30 that way). Also, a lot of PC games are tagged 30% off. I went there yesterday though, these have been moved out from the upper racks and onto the center aisles so they will probably be sold out at $59.99 before I ever see a 50% off tag.

[quote name='htown01']Since we're on the topic of collector's editions, do you think Epic will overproduce the GoW 3 Epic Edition? When Epic announced their SKUs, the article stated, "“With production values worthy of the most discerning fans, the “Gears of War 3” Epic Edition is available in very limited quantities and only while supplies last."

I don't know if I should believe those 3 words.[/QUOTE]

That's the risk you take going the cheap route. If you get the game now for $60 and the CE again at $60 you're at $120 you're only out $30 and don't have to worry about getting it later. On the other hand $30 I'd a good chunk to save.

[quote name='omyard']That's the risk you take going the cheap route. If you get the game now for $60 and the CE again at $60 you're at $120 you're only out $30 and don't have to worry about getting it later. On the other hand $30 I'd a good chunk to save.[/QUOTE]

Recently, the FPS that truly made limited quantities of their collector's edition was Crysis 2 Nano Edition. But that was a different publisher, EA Games.

But we know Microsoft Game Studios' track record of producing "limited quantities" of their collector's editions: Halo 3 L.E. and now Halo Reach L.E. They're 2 for 2.

[quote name='omyard']That's the risk you take going the cheap route. If you get the game now for $60 and the CE again at $60 you're at $120 you're only out $30 and don't have to worry about getting it later. On the other hand $30 I'd a good chunk to save.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but you can sell your initial copy for extra $$$ and if the trend of these last few Triple A titles continues you'll get close to half of what you paid back.

Still a bunch of Reach Bundles at Denver Store but all are priced at 60, also saw AC: B CE for PS3 but it was priced at 69.99

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I paid $60 just now from my Best Buy! :whistle2:( Thought I was getting a deal.[/QUOTE]

You are! Except you found a better deal.

Just think of the people that paid $150 for it or me who paid $70 for it from amazon.....

Thanks for pointing this out, OP- I just picked up mine tonight from the Best Buy in Taunton, MA. They have the red sticker- 32 bucks after tax.

I had mixed feelings on this, not being a huge Halo guy (and having owned Reach for months), but I'm definitely glad I bit- the statue is nice, and the journal and other extras are really well worth it. A lot of care and detail went into this one.

I had them hold one for me and was in a rush so couldn't check to see how many there are, but if you're in the area give them a call.

EDIT: Just as an afterthought, you guys saying it's priced at $60, if you aren't physically there, make sure you mention that it's a manager's special- if they just look it up, it will still show the sale price of $59.99. They have to look at it to see the sticker and know it's an additional 50% off. You probably already knew that, but just wanted to mention it.

Does the sticker say anything on it? Where in the store does it say what the sticker even means if not?

[quote name='gamingdroid']You are! Except you found a better deal.

Just think of the people that paid $150 for it or me who paid $70 for it from amazon.....[/QUOTE]
I paid over 170 to get it delivered on release date.

I will never ever believe a thing bungie says again. I figured since they swindled so many on the so called super limited halo 3 leg they would not want to pull this bs again and screw us. I love the game but after the so many lies over the years i do not care for the bungie name. I hope MS improves on halo and more people will wakeup and join the light side again. The dark side is fun as hell but when the light shines through you look back in disgust from what bungie did over and over.

Halo series rocks but the burns they did over and over for us buyers is to much. Burn bungie burn!

[quote name='gamingdroid']You are! Except you found a better deal.

Just think of the people that paid $150 for it or me who paid $70 for it from amazon.....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I feel a little better. I was like: "Best Buy wants $59.99 for just the regular game and the Limited Edition for $49.99." So I got the Legendary Edition of Halo Reach for $10 more than the Limited Edition.

Later, I went to Target. They wanted $59.99 for just the game and $79.99 for the Limited Edition. I wonder how low this will go?

Edit: I also saw Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's edition for $49.99, but I passed hoping for it to go lower. Probably should have jumped on it.

All the cool stores get the percent-off stickers. I've seen this before in the clearance thread, but I have never seen any clearances that awesome unless it's a manager's special from my experiences.

I'm thinking we should throw this into the Regional section unfortunately.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Its $59.99 at my best buy, plus tax, comes out to be close to $70.
Not a Deal.[/QUOTE]

Good thing it says YMMV in the title huh?

I'm going back to my BB on friday to see if anything's changed.

Traded in my launch copy of Reach and Tekken 6, preordered Zelda for the 50% bonus and used 2 $5 Shopkick certs. Total was $25 OOP. I figure if it drops more I'll PM it; there were only 3 left at my store...

[quote name='scottman']Does the sticker say anything on it? Where in the store does it say what the sticker even means if not?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I have no idea. Sorry for the late reply- on mine there is a small (ie, about the size of a dime) transparent red sticker.

I'm not sure if some stores have one that actually reads 50% off, but that's all I saw on it anywhere, but the girl on the phone seemed to know instantly by sight that it was 50% off, despite it ringing up as $59.99, so I assume this is the sticker everybody's mentioning.

Very easy to miss at a glance.

Halo Reach and Assassins Creed CE were both $50 at my best buy :( bummer
but i liked that they opened them to show whats inside, since they had so many.

[quote name='imacgod']All the cool stores get the percent-off stickers. I've seen this before in the clearance thread, but I have never seen any clearances that awesome unless it's a manager's special from my experiences.

I'm thinking we should throw this into the Regional section unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I think that the pink stickers only signify a clearance item.

I went to Best Buy yesterday near me an they had the Legendary edition down to 59.99. When you think that the game alone is currently 59.99, then it is a deal if you are interested in all the extras. If not, then no it isn't a deal.

Weren't these like 29.99 at gamestop earlier this year?

[quote name='dskillzhtown']I think that the pink stickers only signify a clearance item.

I went to Best Buy yesterday near me an they had the Legendary edition down to 59.99. When you think that the game alone is currently 59.99, then it is a deal if you are interested in all the extras. If not, then no it isn't a deal.

Weren't these like 29.99 at gamestop earlier this year?[/QUOTE]

...and red stickers signify a heavily discounted clearance item. Yeah it was $29.99 at GS earlier in the year but it was a price mistake, few people got in on that deal.

There's at least 4 left at my store...all look in great condition and they're still priced at $60 with no stickers. Hopefully this becomes a universal price drop soon. I wouldn't mind picking up another one (have one now), selling the codes online, then trading the game in and making some good money back on it.

[quote name='theking20']Halo Reach and Assassins Creed CE were both $50 at my best buy :( bummer
but i liked that they opened them to show whats inside, since they had so many.[/QUOTE]

I passed on Assasin's Creed Brotherhood's collector's edition at $50. Hoping it goes down a little more than half price.

I probably should open up my Halo Reach Legendary edition just to make sure nothing is broken. I'm guessing everybody bought Halo Reach on launch day or before this sale because there were at least 5 of these after I bought mine.

omfg $30!! I bought the Halo 2 limited and Halo 3 legendary and Halo Reach legendary and all those assassin's creed collectors on release day thinking they'd both be limited collectors items and worth a lot by now but they r worthless now

trolling

I just called mine in Jacksonville, FL, they still have it for $149.99. Jeez. They said they would price match the website at $59.99 though.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I just called mine, they still have it for $149.99. Jeez[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought $59.99 was the nationwide sale price this week.

If the person responded immediately with a price, he didn't bother to look and is going off memory. If that person did look it up, they probably checked the BB website.

[quote name='htown01']Really? I thought $59.99 was the nationwide sale price this week.

If the person responded immediately with a price, he didn't bother to look and is going off memory. If that person did look it up, they probably checked the BB website.[/QUOTE]

She said she'd go on the floor to make sure they had it and check the price. So my BB is just stupid.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']She said she'd go on the floor to make sure they had it and check the price. So my BB is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

Maybe :lol: or she just had a long day. Here is the link to the product page on the BB website, $59.99.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']She said she'd go on the floor to make sure they had it and check the price. So my BB is just stupid.[/QUOTE]

No, the price here is minus a 50% discount that was done manually. This deal is this store only.

Im thinking they would be dropping to somewhere around $15-$20 soon just like how they did for the Call of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition. From $149.99 to $14.99, I bought 2 which still cost less than a regualr game.

laurel md had the big box for 60 marked down from 80 and the small box limited edition for 50. several in stock.

Maybe we should just close this thread instead of keep bumping it. So far only one guy's city seemed to have this price.

I VERY RARELY see stickers on anything at my BB. They either put clearance stuff in a bin separately or they just mark "clearance" on their divider in the shelves.

Not at my store. Both Halo and Assassins Creed where mis-priced (at 150 and 100) but the price in-store was 60 and 50. Didnt bite though.

bread's done
Back