Best Buy has 8800 GT deal. $237.99 -Dead-

i saw it this morning but decided to stick with my msi order.. it should be shipping next monday..

it was cheaper and atleast includes a game

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I am sad I bought a 7900 GS a month ago... should have waited.[/QUOTE]

I know where you're coming from. I picked up a 7950GT about three months ago and am kind of regretting it right now.

[quote name='guyver2077']i saw it this morning but decided to stick with my msi order.. it should be shipping next monday..

it was cheaper and atleast includes a game[/QUOTE]

Contact Dell, I'm 99% sure come Monday it'd be delayed again.

I had an est. shipping date of the 17th as well (originally the 10th), when I spoke to a CSR today she told me that the vendor was out of stock and the item had been deactivated, and requested that I cancel my order. Judging by the SlickDeals forum, this has happened to hundreds of people who ordered. Most of them opted for the BFG from Best Buy instead -- which has a better warranty anyway.

Unfortunately I passed on the BFG from Best Buy because I thought I had the MSI card coming from Dell... if I had known Dell would never deliver, I'd have bought the BFG.

I'm pretty pissed at Dell. Evidently when something is indefinitely OOS all they do is add a week to the est. delivery date after it passes. You have to contact them directly and ask to find out the truth. Otherwise, come the 17th, they'll just delay it to the 24th. So on and so forth. Despicable, really.

[quote name='M_A_C']Got one from our north store. The sale plus my 12% off coupon = $209 before tax![/QUOTE]

do you have a scan of the coupon??

does anyone else have any coupons that can be used with this deal?

[quote name='UndyingForce']do you have a scan of the coupon??

does anyone else have any coupons that can be used with this deal?[/quote]
You should have recieved it in the EMAIL if your a reward zone member.

[quote name='Koggit']Contact Dell, I'm 99% sure come Monday it'd be delayed again.

I had an est. shipping date of the 17th as well (originally the 10th), when I spoke to a CSR today she told me that the vendor was out of stock and the item had been deactivated, and requested that I cancel my order. Judging by the SlickDeals forum, this has happened to hundreds of people who ordered. Most of them opted for the BFG from Best Buy instead -- which has a better warranty anyway.

Unfortunately I passed on the BFG from Best Buy because I thought I had the MSI card coming from Dell... if I had known Dell would never deliver, I'd have bought the BFG.

I'm pretty pissed at Dell. Evidently when something is indefinitely OOS all they do is add a week to the est. delivery date after it passes. You have to contact them directly and ask to find out the truth. Otherwise, come the 17th, they'll just delay it to the 24th. So on and so forth. Despicable, really.[/quote]

ok may have to give it a shot then.. ill have to go look for that 12 % coupon at home. is that still valid? store locator just started to mention some are in my area

edit- found the coupon in my mail.. http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/CouponWrapper.asp?E=9319;512894;1221183760;1;02&R=T1_CPN_50436&A=1007&ci=50436

[quote name='Koggit']Contact Dell, I'm 99% sure come Monday it'd be delayed again.

I'm pretty pissed at Dell. Evidently when something is indefinitely OOS all they do is add a week to the est. delivery date after it passes. You have to contact them directly and ask to find out the truth. Otherwise, come the 17th, they'll just delay it to the 24th. So on and so forth. Despicable, really.[/quote]

That sucks! I just checked my order and your right, it's been delayed another week!

I can wait. I didn't want to spend anymore than what Dell was charging anyway. This'll give me time to play older games like COD2.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']That sucks! I just checked my order and your right, it's been delayed another week!

I can wait. I didn't want to spend anymore than what Dell was charging anyway. This'll give me time to play older games like COD2.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually talk to Dell, or just check the order page? Because what I meant is if you call Dell directly (or talk to an online CSR), they'll probably tell you it's never going to arrive. This is what they told me yesterday, when I had an ETA of December 17th. The Order Status page's ETA will just keep being pushed back indefinitely.

Neeraj Raina: Jared, I do see that the item is backordered and the item is deactivated.
Neeraj Raina: This item will not get shipped from the vendor, as it is not in stock.
Neeraj Raina: I would request you to cancel the order.
Neeraj Raina: You can place a new order for the item which is in stock with the help of sales department.
Neeraj Raina: You can call them at 1-800-915-3355 between 7 AM to 11 PM CST Monday to Sunday.

Woo! I finally found one in stock! So psyched... I picked up Call of Duty 4 as well. Call of Duty 4 was $44.99 after the coupon and the 8800GT was $209.43 after the coupon. $22.64 in tax brought it to $277.06 out the door.

In 7 days I leave for Louisiana, and by the time I get back (fly in Jan 3rd) I'll only have 3 days until school starts back up (Jan 7th)... I'm going to make good use of these 7 days.

[quote name='Koggit']
Neeraj Raina: This item will not get shipped from the vendor, as it is not in stock.
Neeraj Raina: I would request you to cancel the order.[/quote]

Hey Dell, that's bullshit.

Why wouldn't they just cancel the order and refund the money? Is there no way that I'll be getting this card from Dell?

just picked mine up at bb.

now to try to cancel dell order

edit- cancelled order via dell chat.. i would of kept the dell order if that msi card came with crysis.. but i could care less abour dirt

Performance wise, is it better to pick up this card, or the EVGA 512 KO? I've read about overclock issues with the OC versions of the 8800gt, is this just a matter of adjusting fan speeds, or am I better off trying to find the EVGA card?

bread's done
Back