Best Buy Holiday Bins

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (95%)
Was at local BB and saw they had two Holiday bins , was hard to get next to them since all the soccer moms were crowding the bins . Will go back and see if I can get more titles

one was games at $14.99

Games like

Hour Of Victory 360
Kengo Legend of the 9 360
Ton of Learning Games for the PS2 by Konami

Games at the other bin for $9.99

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer 360 PS3 and PS 2
Godfather PS2
Made Men PS2
Justice League Heros DS
Conan - 360 PS3
Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix 360
NBA 08 360

Im sure this is YMMV but I would think all BB will put out holiday bins

Visited BB at South Coast a few days ago to pick up some dvds, They're re-doing the layout for the store right now and the game section seems pretty retarded, its just a square that you are trapped in, but yeah no clearance bins, just two bins piled up with 360 controllers and the other for ps3 but all retail price. Maybe I'll check tom. to see if anything has changed.

Seems to me a lot of the games I saw in these bins were previously available on the shelf for the same price.

Picked up God Hand for $9.99, though, which I don't recall seeing at BB in a while, if ever.

No bins (yet?) in Fredericksburg or Stafford VA. Would really like to pick up Conan and finish it; terrible game, but still fun enough to warrant 9.99.

[quote name='hobbie8046']No bins (yet?) in Fredericksburg or Stafford VA. Would really like to pick up Conan and finish it; terrible game, but still fun enough to warrant 9.99.[/QUOTE]

I struggled with the same dilemma, but in the end I kept thinking that was $10 I could use on one of these awesome new releases. They won out over this mediocre game at any price.

dunno if it was suppose to be in there but i found dead rising and they gave it to me for 14.99 when i asked.

Wilton/Saratoga NY Best Buy has this bin out as well. I saw Conan and FF4 Rise Silver Surfer for the PS3 and Harry Potter for 360 each for $9.99. Also, Godzilla DS for $9.99. A Bunch of PS2 titles as well.

I was picking up my $9.99 Simpsons (4 or 5 left that i saw) and noticed Stranglehold for the 360 is also $9.99

Compton, CA store had Fire Emblem:radiant dawn for the wii only good game I saw. But after my experience today in the words of Vin Diesel "I'll die before I go back...."

Mine also had Space Chimps (360) for $10, DOAXBV2 for $8 (about 10 copies), and Trigger Man (PS2) for $3. This was at the San Antonio Legacy BB. No F4, Conan (got the last one), or Harry Potter. They did have 2 more Simpson 360.

Just got back from BB in Manhattan NYC and they did have 2 copies left of Simpson with the Tab indicating the $10 price tag but when it scanned up it was still coming up priced at $20. They corrected the mistake but just to let some ppl out there know that some BB do not have a clearance bin but have the game on the shelfs where I found my game.

[quote name='Shimrra']Just got back from BB in Manhattan NYC and they did have 2 copies left of Simpson with the Tab indicating the $10 price tag but when it scanned up it was still coming up priced at $20. They corrected the mistake but just to let some ppl out there know that some BB do not have a clearance bin but have the game on the shelfs where I found my game.[/QUOTE]
Same happened to me, and the shelf tag said $9.99 too. Conan also rang up $20 and had to be corrected.

Picked up a copy of Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command (PSP) for $9.99 from the bin tonight. The DS version was also the same price.

Saw these bins at the West Paterson, NJ Best Buy. Would've picked up Thrillville had it been in the $9.99 as opposed to the $14.99

I find it amusing that some of the games I bought appear on the receipt with the description "Holiday Dumpbin." Don't try to sugarcoat it or anything, BB. Apparently the person who entered the description into the POS was previously known for marketing sushi as "cold dead fish."

[quote name='Megafrog']My Best Buy in St Joseph Mo had VF5 and COD3 for 9.99. I picked up a copy of each. . .[/quote]

What system was this for? I'd like to get VF5 for the 360 for $10 new.

PSP 9.99
Lumines II
Harry Potter Phoenix
DBZ another road
Powerstone
Sega Rally Revo
Megaman Maverick
Super Collapse 3
Puzzle Quest
Rapala Trophies
Virtua Tennis 3
Luxor
Cabela Dangerous Hunts
Crazy Taxi
PQ2
Shrek something
Full Auto 2
Yu Gi Oh
Warhammer 40 (in $15 bin)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy in Tupelo, MS has a bunch of copies of Madden 09 Collector's Edition for 360 (didn't see any PS3 copies) for $19.99. I'm guessing they're just trying to clear out a bunch of them they couldn't sell - but that's an amazing price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='beene1000']Best Buy in Tupelo, MS has a bunch of copies of Madden 09 Collector's Edition for $19.99. I'm guessing they're just trying to clear out a bunch of them they could sell - but that's an amazing price.[/quote]
*leaves to best buy*Must get game at superb price...........

[quote name='beene1000']Best Buy in Tupelo, MS has a bunch of copies of Madden 09 Collector's Edition for $19.99. I'm guessing they're just trying to clear out a bunch of them they could sell - but that's an amazing price.[/quote]
For the PS3 or 360? Has anybody else seen this at their BBY? I couldn't find the Collector's Edition on their site.

[quote name='beene1000']Best Buy in Tupelo, MS has a bunch of copies of Madden 09 Collector's Edition for 360 (didn't see any PS3 copies) for $19.99. I'm guessing they're just trying to clear out a bunch of them they couldn't sell - but that's an amazing price.[/quote]

Damn that's an awesome price for that bundle...

Just stopped by the Brooklyn, Ohio BB. The bins were pretty much garbage. I think the only few 360 titles in the bins were basically around 8 copies of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix mixed in with various Xbox, PS2, and PSP titles. I did see on the shelves Conan (360) for $14.99. I did see one copy of Virtua Fighter 5, but it was $39.99 instead of $9.99.

Checked out the bins in San Bernardino, CA friday and what did I see... mainly crap but I found Disgaea for the PS2 for 19.99!! A steal for a great strategy/rpg thats better than the ds version.

Checked out the bins in San Bernardino, CA friday and what did I see... mainly crap but I found Disgaea for the PS2 for 19.99!! A steal for a great strategy/rpg thats better than the ds version.

Disgaea got the Greatest Hits label treatment recently, so that should be the standard price on the shelf at just about any store. Still a good deal if you don't have the game yet, but it's not unique to the holiday bins.

The bins at my local BB disappeared yesterday. They were where the checkout line makes a u-turn. I doubt they sold out all, or even a majority of the games in them. It's possible they were moved to another part of the store, but I didn't see them.

BTW, based on the queue at BB yesterday, there is no recession.

My local BB (Danvers, MA) used to have a $9.99 rack, they've now put all those games in a holiday bin and upped the prices to $14.99!!!

[quote name='sharpedge']My local BB (Danvers, MA) used to have a $9.99 rack, they've now put all those games in a holiday bin and upped the prices to $14.99!!![/quote]

out of curiosity, what good ps2/wii/ds games were in the bin? I might pass by next weekend and pick one up since I just got a $10 rebate thing.

i agree with most of the posters here. I was in delaware near dover (the dover mall to be exact) on nov. 11th and the best buy out there had huge bins of games but mostly crap. however they were getting rid of a whole bunch of box sets. by far my greatest haul was a brand new copy of the limited edition halo 3 for 39.99. they had a ton of them. the game was still retailing for 59.99 but because they wanted to dump the LE's they were giving them away. i would say they had about 11 copies. i can confirm that sale on halo LE's for that location but i would check other bb as well.

[quote name='unicron129']out of curiosity, what good ps2/wii/ds games were in the bin? I might pass by next weekend and pick one up since I just got a $10 rebate thing.[/quote]

The decent ones I saw for PS2 were Test Drive Unlimited and ATV Offroad 4. I almost bought both of them but wanted to wait for a %10 off coupon lol, stupid.

[quote name='sharpedge']My local BB (Danvers, MA) used to have a $9.99 rack, they've now put all those games in a holiday bin and upped the prices to $14.99!!![/quote]

Every best buy I have visted have had two bins (ones 9.99 and the other 14.99). The problem is that the games get mixed up between the bins, and many aren't labeled, so you sometimes aren't sure without asking if it's 9.99 or 14.99

After going to two different BBs I was looking for the 360 version of Conan but couldn't find it in the bins. They had crap-tons of the PS3 version and I picked it up instead but this is the kind of game that would have been enhanced with some achievements to shoot for.

For all of you whom are buying Conan...

Its a great game IMHO ...great game...I enjoyed it a lot and recommend it...(and I bought it when it first came out at full price)

However I offer this small word of advice...

Have LOTS of patience when you fight the last boss.

That is all....you've been warned.

bread's done
Back