Best Buy is now starting an electronics "trade-in" website.

Short Round

CAGiversary!
I just got an e-mail from Best Buy, via their Reward Zone program, stating that they are opening up two new divisions: an online trade-in center, and an outlet center for unopened discounted electronics.

It appears that the trade-in website takes dozens of different products from iPods, to laptops. Check it out..

The outlet center seems to be a dumping ground for old clearance merchandise. Here is the link.

I actually stumbled upon this maybe 2 weeks ago via some obscure link. Not exactly the best trade values for hardware, but the ones I looked at seemed to at least be fairly comparable to Gamestop offers, and for some a BB gift card is more useful than GS credit

Interesting I got the same e-mail and was just about to post this. I noticed they take all sorts of old school consoles as well.

[quote name='Chitown021']Interesting I got the same e-mail and was just about to post this. I noticed they take all sorts of old school consoles as well.[/quote]
Yeah but somethings they have listed but when you go to check what the trade-in value it says none, I know the changes with the options for example I have an old Ipod shuffle(512 MB) and I messed with the options and non of them even gave me a trade-in value. I know they are older but to give no trade-in for a NIB, kind of lacking.

I also checked it out and didn't understand why they would list items available for trade-in when even maxing out the options for it will net no value

LOL

$118 for my laptop 2.5 year old Gateway... and $238 for my 1 year old (still $1500 on Amazon) Acer laptop.

LOL, these TIV's remind me of the program Gateway tried to do several years ago. They racked up a bunch of sales in the late 90's promising customers the ability to trade in their $2000 PCs towards a new one for "market value". Shortly after the Y2K madness people started calling in to trade in old PCs expecting to get like $1000 back only to find out their old PC was worth like $100 tops!

lame! at least on trade-in values. A laptop I bought 6 months ago at best buy ON SALE at 650 only fetches 200 bucks.

Cool Idea thanks for the heads up OP

bread's done
Back