Best Buy - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita) - $19.99

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hope this means we'll start seein some deals on Vita games.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Sony store in your area, I'd check. I saw at least two titles discounted to about 30% off at the local store. I think one was Lumines, and can't remember the other one. I checked the prices on the website, and there isn't any similarity, but it may be worth checking at the retail stores.

Hmm, can't do in-store pickup. They'll typically price match their online deals if it's not priced the same in stores, right?

e: 21.95 on Amazon currently, btw.

[quote name='TheHelix']Good price but I'll buy at $10. Already got platinum on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

It's completely different than the PS3 version. Basically an enhanced port of the PSP/3DS version (which is an enhanced version of the DS version).

Beware: I really liked Years 1-5 on console, and played about 8 levels of 5-7 on Vita. The action is really toned down, and the absence of any AI assistant or second player really hurts it.

[quote name='Vap']Sweet,thanks! I already have it on the DS and my 360. May as well get it for my upcoming vita.[/QUOTE]

You would think that owning it already for 2 consoles would deter you from buying it again. With so many good games available its hard to do a 2nd playthrough for me, nevermind play the game 3 times on 3 consoles.

[quote name='TheHelix']Good price but I'll buy at $10. Already got platinum on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

This version also has a 2nd trophy list.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Beware: I really liked Years 1-5 on console, and played about 8 levels of 5-7 on Vita. The action is really toned down, and the absence of any AI assistant or second player really hurts it.[/QUOTE]

I played both 1-4 and 5-7 on XBOX and I would say 5-7 doesn't have the same charm as 1-4. I was really looking forward to playing 5-7 because I like darker versions of any universe, but I felt a bit disappointed and underwhelmed especially with the final battle. The lobby system gets destroyed because of the story (not sure how they could avoid it though).
Still I like 5-7 overall compared to half of the TT LEGO games.

Edit: I am also really pissed that SW TCS and Indiana Jones 2 are only the TT LEGO games has 2 player LIVE support. All others don't and only support local 2 player. Can TT get their act together for the inevitable HP "TCS"? Even Batman 2 is only local according to co-optimus.

Last edited by a moderator:
people keep saying this is like the PSP version and not the console? The last PSP lego game I played was exactly like the console. Lego Batman.

Yeah, read some opinions online, this seems more a port of the PSP version than the bigger PS3/360 version, so I won't support that kind of half-as porting when what they should, and could, have done is do a more faithful port of the bigger PS3/360 release.

[quote name='lllGurulll']people keep saying this is like the PSP version and not the console? The last PSP lego game I played was exactly like the console. Lego Batman.[/QUOTE]

Lego Indiana Jones 1 and Lego Batman were identical to the console versions since those were actually ports from the PS2 versions of the game. After they stopped making them for PS2 all of the others (Lego Star Wars III, Lego Indy 2, Lego Pirates, Lego Harry 1-4 and 5-7) were ported from the DS version of the game that was just easier.

Now, why was a Vita port, that was released months later, only a port from the DS and not the console? I am not sure but it is definitely just an updated DS port.

bread's done
Back