Best Buy: Lost Planet 2 [DEAD] & Fight Night 4 $9.99 each (FREE Shipping!)

[quote name='merchie89']did LP2 and the filters, canceled the filters. was still like 1.29....oh well $1.29 for a new game aint bad :)[/QUOTE]

But now you dont get the filters. :cry:

I bought Lost Planet 2 for $10 during a past Gamefly sale and it wasn't even worth that. Luckily Gamestop was running the 50% extra sale and I managed to dump off my copy for nearly the same price I paid. Fight Night Round 4, on the other hand, is definitely worth the money. Played the whole career mode out of that and enjoyed it the entire time.

[quote name='waxHead']Hmm... ok. Overall, LP2 doesn't look too bad, and if the breaking issues mentioned in all the initial reviews were fixed by the patch(es), then maybe it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

I should have said most chapters are about 20-30 minutes in length. When I originally spoke I was thinking about the load point within each chapter, points at which the game doesn't actually save. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='Rozz']I bought Lost Planet 2 for $10 during a past Gamefly sale and it wasn't even worth that.[/QUOTE]Where you playing solo or co-op? I recently picked the game up for $15 from Amazon and and feel like I've gotten my money's worth. The game is pretty boring when you're alone with brain-dead AI partners, but (like most other games) co-op makes the game much more enjoyable.

Picked up Lost Planet 2...was waiting for this to drop via clearance at Target but it stayed at $19.99. So, I'm glad this one was $9.99.

Great prices for both. As a LP1 fan, I was disappointed in LP2, mostly because they didn't address what was wrong with LP1, and added more problems. Overall, I still enjoyed it (the ship vs Akrid level was really fun), but it could have been much better. But, it's worth $10 IMO.

Fight Night was enjoyable as well, but the online was ruined by bad achievements. They're basically "win the title in x weightclass", so for awhile, the titleholder was holding it hostage and asking for MSP to challenge him. This might still be the case. Still, I had fun with the SP, and it's certainly worth $10.

Thanks OP, I just had to bite at this price on LP2. It seems to have gotten bad reviews from the big reviewers but seems like the actual people buying and playing the game gives it a 7.5 or better.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']they have coffee filters for ~$1.44[/QUOTE]

Lol, thanks. I added LP2 and some coffee filters, applied my RZ $10 GC, for a grand total of $1.60 :lol:

Damn, should I play the first Lost Planet before I get into Lost Planet 2?

[quote name='htown01']Damn, should I play the first Lost Planet before I get into Lost Planet 2?[/QUOTE]

There's not a whole lot of storyline connecting the two. The first game focuses on an character who doesn't play a role in the sequel.

[quote name='Thrinn']There's not a whole lot of storyline connecting the two. The first game focuses on an character who doesn't play a role in the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Man, isn't that disappointing for LP fans. Thanks for the info :D

[quote name='goku31389']is this live in the stores right now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, In-store pickup was available when I checked out so you should be able to get this game, at this price, at your local store.

[quote name='Rozz']I bought Lost Planet 2 for $10 during a past Gamefly sale and it wasn't even worth that. Luckily Gamestop was running the 50% extra sale and I managed to dump off my copy for nearly the same price I paid. Fight Night Round 4, on the other hand, is definitely worth the money. Played the whole career mode out of that and enjoyed it the entire time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm passing on it. I liked LP1 in that it actually had a storyline and a true single-player campaign. LP2 clearly seems to have been built as a co-op/multiplayer game.

Gametrailers.com puts it like this: "If you're playing this alone, well, you're screwed."

So no real story, character with no moving mouths/blinking eyes, and a game designed for multiple players (meaning you'll be easily overwhelmed when you play solo), means this game would get played by me for 5-10 minutes before being relegated to the eternal backlog I already have.

No thanks, but hopefully those who can find people to play with (or have the time to do so) will enjoy it.

[quote name='goku31389']is this live in the stores right now?[/QUOTE]

wasnt in mine but they just overrode it when i said it was on the website.

[quote name='veronesepk']If you pre-order Deadspace 2, but get the e-mail for the free download of deadspace ignition, can you still cancel the preorder?[/QUOTE]

I did this on Amazon.

[quote name='veronesepk']If you pre-order Deadspace 2, but get the e-mail for the free download of deadspace ignition, can you still cancel the preorder?[/QUOTE]

apparently ignition isn't even worth the bandwidth.

Not a bad deal on LP2, already got the 360 version at Blockbuster, might nab the PS3. Though, there were so many things i hated about it gameplay wise (Namely the grenades exploding upon being shot by anyone part)

I went to a B&M store and got them to price match their website price, threw in a pennied-out Bioshock 2 guide to bring the pre-tax total up to $10.00, then used my bonus $10 RZ certificate I got this morning (on my little used alt account) to get everything for free.

I really enjoyed Lost Planet 1 on the Xbox 360 (not Colonies). I amgoing to swing by BB and pick this up. $10 is an awesome price.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']For me, checkpoint and instant deaths that makes any type of health system totally useless were the deal breaker.

Those were the major problems and apparently they didn't even try to fix it like any other Capcom titles.
It seems that they never listen to the community and not even try to improve issues they had in the previous games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saablic']This was apparently patched. http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/06/10/lost_planet_2_patch_out_on_xbox_live[/QUOTE]

Yeah, luckily patched. I hated the demo where you spent some 20-30 minutes to get to the huge boss, died, and then had to replay those 20-30 minutes of levels to get to him again. The retail version lets you restart at the boss level.

[quote name='waxHead']But they still don't allow you to save at checkpoints during a chapter? Makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thrinn']Most of the chapters are only 10-20 minutes long. Not being able to save in the middle of a chapter won't set you that far back.[/QUOTE]

Exactly as the second quote says. This isn't a game that'll screw you when you have to get out the door in 5 minutes. The levels are purposefully short, so you can replay them for more coins and loot! ARCADE-STYLE.

[quote name='needler420']Dam just read that the platinum trophy is unattainable in both of these games. If i get the best buy free credit then ill probably use it on LP2 and just play it on my sub account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is the only thing I have found, I dont think there are any glitched achievements:

"Unfortunately, in order to get a few achievements in this game you will need to reach #1 on the leaderboards in any category. This wasn't to bad when the game first game out, but as time goes by and people keep setting new records, this will get harder and harder."[/QUOTE]

Don't buy for trophies/achievements. There's the hard achievement mentioned above... but then again, most of the game's achievements involve unlocking the hundreds of customized poses and titles. And trust me, you would need to play for a VEEEEERY LONG time to get enough coin to unlock everything. It reminds me of DoA: Xtreme2.

[quote name='Thrinn']The game is pretty boring when you're alone with brain-dead AI partners, but (like most other games) co-op makes the game much more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Co-op is fun, but I hate when someone else grabs the BEST MECH before I even spot it! The nice thing about solo play is that you still get random AI teammates and you have access to the best mechs, can go at your own pace, etc. If you want a rush job, you go multiplayer - this is a game about earning coins to unlock stuff. The easiest way is to boss-rush the levels and beat them as quick as possible.

Single player is slower and more enjoyable for your first playthrough. Once you're done and you want to unlock more stuff... multi all the way.:cool:

[quote name='romeogbs19']Yeah, I'm passing on it. I liked LP1 in that it actually had a storyline and a true single-player campaign. LP2 clearly seems to have been built as a co-op/multiplayer game.

Gametrailers.com puts it like this: "If you're playing this alone, well, you're screwed."

So no real story, character with no moving mouths/blinking eyes, and a game designed for multiple players (meaning you'll be easily overwhelmed when you play solo), means this game would get played by me for 5-10 minutes before being relegated to the eternal backlog I already have.
[/QUOTE]

I can do single player mode just fine. Take the big boss in the demo, for example. Is it easier in multiplayer? HELL YES. Much easier to kill - but that's because you get to run around like an idiot, trying to figure out how to get inside it while another player (who's played the game 100 times) quick-kills it for you.

Seriously, you guys talk about how awesome multiplayer is, but there's nothing awesome about the super-players getting all the kills while you run around like an idiot.

Play it on single, get your bearings, and THEN do multiplayer. Otherwise, you're free-riding on someone else's kills and progress. The levels will end before you even realize where the goal is! :roll:

But yeah, the criticism about the lack-of-story is completely true. There's SOME story... but it's an unintelligible mess. Honestly, if the gameplay didn't make up for it, I'd condemn the game, myself! But video games have that one benefit over movies - a fun game can still be fun, even if the story is crap. ;)

[quote name='htown01']Lol, thanks. I added LP2 and some coffee filters, applied my RZ $10 GC, for a grand total of $1.60 :lol: [/QUOTE]

We Totally have to share with merchie89 now. He canceled his coffee filters to get some money back, but it didn't work. Now how will his poor family drink their grainy unfiltered coffee? damn Shame....:-({|=

got lost planet 2 and a WOW 14 day trial for $2.14 total online finally after their site finally stopped farting around...also picked up the DR2 zombrex edition $29.99 free ship as well on amazon earlier in the week, wow great week for capcom lovers.

Sweet ass, got one for myself and three as christmas presents. Multiplayer, here I come. In retrospect, I should've done pickup instead of shipped, since I have to run into the store to get the fourth one anyway... doh.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']We Totally have to share with merchie89 now. He canceled his coffee filters to get some money back, but it didn't work. Now how will his poor family drink their grainy unfiltered coffee? damn Shame....:-({|=[/QUOTE]

Oh no, that is unfortunate :cry: Alright merchie89, I'll be willing to share a coffee filter with you.

Did they patch the PS3 version also? I'm actually kind of tripping at how divided you guys are on this game - for $10, it's worth the risk of suckage for me. I enjoyed what little I played of the first game - I think I rented it way back when.

Definitely in for Fight Night - been wanting to check that one out. Thanks OP - I didn't see the other post, so DOUBLE POST AWAY ;)

[quote name='teknikalei']Did they patch the PS3 version also?[/QUOTE]Yes, it's at version 1.02.

[quote name='teknikalei']Did they patch the PS3 version also? I'm actually kind of tripping at how divided you guys are on this game - for $10, it's worth the risk of suckage for me. I enjoyed what little I played of the first game - I think I rented it way back when.

Definitely in for Fight Night - been wanting to check that one out. Thanks OP - I didn't see the other post, so DOUBLE POST AWAY ;)[/QUOTE]

Not sure about others, but I'm determined to limit my game purchases this gen to ONLY those games I really want to play-through. I got LP1 Ex. Colonies Ed. through the Capcom Triple Pack and that game is okay -- it at least has a story to it.

LP2 on the other hand is built as a multi-player game. There really is no coherent story to it at all. And given I don't have much time anymore to play, I narrow my buys and this one doesn't make the cut.

As for Fight Night Rd. 4, I'm very interested. Might pick that one up.

[quote name='rainking187']Hmm, I ordered a cheap CD with Lost Planet 2 to make it more than $9.99, and the CD has shipped but Lost Planet 2 hasn't.[/QUOTE]

It's not usual for some items to ship from separate warehouses.

Thanks OP. Worked fine for me to PM in store, just brought the first page printout of the online price. It clearly states $9.99 and the days of the price drop.

[quote name='Nealocus123']It's showing $29.99 on their website now...odd. I guess I'll just go to the store on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

It was the deal of the day for 12/17. It's no longer 12/17.

bread's done
Back