Best Buy major screw up! on Spiderman 2 DVD! Street Date Broken

MrFriday18

CAGiversary!
Picked up Spiderman 2 at Best Buy tonight for 9.99
it was mixed in with the Spiderman 1 DVDs and
was the only one there. It had a 9.99 sticker on
it so they gave it to me for that price the cashier
didn't even notice sinse I bought a lot of stuff.
t_110151758533.jpg

t_110151758655.jpg

t_110151758511.jpg

it was put out by accident because they had at least 30-40 copies of spiderman 1 and behind a few of them there was spiderman 2 and it was the only one so someone screwed up somehow by putting a spiderman1 sku on it marking it $9.99

Yes, that's the DVD, which is to be released on the 30th... now you KNOW someone's ass is gonna catch hell for this screwup if it's found that they broke street date...

[quote name='Scorch']Could've been the movie. They could've broken street or accidentally placed it out.[/quote]

For the ridiculous fines they tend to nail companies with when they break street date, I'd almost hope it was the DVD, just to teach BB a lesson. :D

Holy crap, it is the movie. :shock:

sory for the crappy pics its from a camera phone, but getting a nice nikkon digital for christmas. The movie comes in a sleave so thats why you see 2 covers next to eachother.

congrats on the find. not only is it a few days early, its probably about $5 or $6 cheaper too. way to go, now i'll have to see if there was a screw up like that at my best buy

*Crosses fingers*

[quote name='MrFriday18']ya lucky to get it good thing i bought like 10 things with it so they didn't notice it[/quote]

Luckily you didn't *beep* on the way out the door. :lol:

That happened to me today. I just went back and the lady checked my receipts. I had an in-store pick up for Halo ($14.99) and I bought Max Payne 2 (Xbox) and the Spider-Man 2 CD.

Then I exited once again and still *beeped* . . . :? *kept walking*

[quote name='Fatesealer']Since the pics might not be so clear, this is indeed the movie:

B00005JMQW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
[/quote]

Is it just me or does Spidey look conviently placed to cover up Kirsten Dunst up in one particular area very well?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Scorch']Could've been the movie. They could've broken street or accidentally placed it out.[/quote]

For the ridiculous fines they tend to nail companies with when they break street date, I'd almost hope it was the DVD, just to teach BB a lesson. :D

Holy crap, it is the movie. :shock:[/quote]

I have NEVER read a story from a news outlet reporting anything like this ever occuring. Sure, it gets mentioned a lot in forums but does anybody have a definitive link to a news story of this actually happening?

I have NEVER read a story from a news outlet reporting anything like this ever occuring. Sure, it gets mentioned a lot in forums but does anybody have a definitive link to a news story of this actually happening?

Not on DVD's, but Gamespot news usually hosts plenty of "OMGWTF STREET DATE BROKEN!!" news stories.

Not bad at all. I'm operating under the rule of "Pay $10 max for a DVD (boxsets excluded of course) and $8 max for CDs". Has worked pretty well so far (Resevoir Dogs, Oasis)...

[quote name='help1']any1 think that BB might be retailing this for 9.99? and maybe he just got this a few days early?[/quote]

no

and about breaking the street date....it looks to me like this was somehow an accident, not an intentional broken street date....from reading his post, he said that it was mixed in with 40 spiderman 1s, not a big display for spider-man 2 with either a bunch of empty slots because they were all sold out or a bunch of other spiderman 2 dvds right beside it....

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='help1']any1 think that BB might be retailing this for 9.99? and maybe he just got this a few days early?[/quote]

no

and about breaking the street date....it looks to me like this was somehow an accident, not an intentional broken street date....from reading his post, he said that it was mixed in with 40 spiderman 1s, not a big display for spider-man 2 with either a bunch of empty slots because they were all sold out or a bunch of other spiderman 2 dvds right beside it....[/quote]

Ok

I would have put this up with a 1 day auction + fast shipping (maybe overnight) just to see if any Spiderman fanatics would bid it sky high to get the movie a day or two early :D

Good find. Im luck enough to have already seen the DVD. I have a friend that works at a video store, and he gets to take home movies starting the Thursday before they come out. We watched it last night.

bread's done
Back