Best Buy March Reward Zone Gamers Club Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
111 (100%)
Coupons are up for March (thanks EvilIA)

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=20_OFFPlease before posting basic program "how it works" type of questions .....
Take a few minutes to sign up (free and simple) or if already signed up ... to familiarize yourself with the Best Buy Reward Zone/Gamer's Zone site.
It's very easy to navigate!
IF you have printer issues, BBuy has computer/printers set up for you to access your account and print coupons or reward zone certificates (I've done this many times at various locations...just ask and a staff member will point you to a pc to use)
[quote name='MrNEWZ']Sad note--- if you use BB gift cards on games (or Gamer or Reward Zone certificates), you don't get money spent towards the Gamer's Club (or points in Rewards Zone, but that is "known."). I always hate getting gift cards or points since I know I'll spend the money there on stuff. I always find myself sitting on the GCs or Certs until I can blow them on CDs, DVD blank media, BRD, or some random tech item I can't wait to have shipped to me... alas.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='MrNEWZ']A quick follow-up though, Rewards Certs OR Gift Cards do not impact BING CASHBACK at all. So, if you planning on using either, use BestBuy.com for in store pick up.
Yes, I am this sad that I have tested it. I got $4 cash back on an out of pocket (gift card) purchase of $3. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm with a few other members, that the Endless Ocean 150 points starting Monday is a "most likely" buy.
I noticed all copies of Endless Ocean ($29.99) are bundled with wii speak ... a veteran staff member at BBuy believes the first shipment or two will have the wii speak included but in the near future it will be game only for $29.99. He noted this was just like wii Resort that original was bundled with 2 motion controller attachments and then only came with one.
BBuyMarch001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drawingboard']So if this Nerf thing wasn't on sale, I could get it for $10 w/ the coupon (regular price is $30). Since it is on sale, I can't use the coupon, and have to pay $20. Best Buy, you continue to amaze me.[/QUOTE]

^^^---this. I would have gladly paid 10 bucks for this since my two kid brothers love nerf and have the 1st N-Strike game and actually like it. Instead Best Buy loses out on two sales from me.

[quote name='ballbarfer']got up yesterday am and saw the confirmation on this, didn't even shower and ran out the door (damn i was stinky)! The first BB i went to only have 5 so i did two trips the registers and out the door for a couple of bucks (bought some candy and pop). Next BB i went to was a gold mine and had stacks so i made another 5 trips in and out and went home and printed out some more coupons and then back in for another 2 trips. I did leave 4 copies at that store for good karma but now that the deal is dead and online inventory checker still shows some in stock there i should have "got all them shitz!"[/QUOTE]

Never really understood this mentality. I'm more of a take only "what you need" rather than "what you can". Oh well, to each his own I guess....

[quote name='drawingboard']So if this Nerf thing wasn't on sale, I could get it for $10 w/ the coupon (regular price is $30). Since it is on sale, I can't use the coupon, and have to pay $20. Best Buy, you continue to amaze me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm is $30 the regular price?
Yesterday one store had a shelf tag of $39.99 and at another no shelf tag and stickered/tagged $59.99 ....

Got shot down today at the Bestbuy near Southpark mall in Ohio. They had stacks of em, but the cashier said the game was on sale and couldn't give it to me. :(. Oh well.

[quote name='Zann']Got shown today at the Bestbuy near Southpark mall on Ohio. [/QUOTE]

This sounds like a new way of saying you got served.

Got shown, bitch!

[quote name='mailman27']^^^---this. I would have gladly paid 10 bucks for this since my two kid brothers love nerf and have the 1st N-Strike game and actually like it. Instead Best Buy loses out on two sales from me.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm gonna try this on Sunday, when hopefully the sale ends, and the coupon will still be good.

[quote name='donut']Hmmm is $30 the regular price?
Yesterday one store had a shelf tag of $39.99 and at another no shelf tag and stickered/tagged $59.99 ....[/QUOTE]
I was just there, and the tag said $19.99, regular price $29.99 in smaller print.

BTW, just look at Best Buy's recent 6-month rating:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Buy

I got shown as well... off regular price of 39.99 making it $20.

I told her I wanted a refund on my rewardzone card if every "normal" person could get the same deals, I know its free, but I figured I could bitch. She just looked at me and I finished checking out with God of War III.

So has anyone had any luck since the "fix" around noon?

Had coupons ready to go for a second round after my last class, might just try for the heck of it.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']According to my receipt regular price is 39.99[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I was just there this morning, about an hour ago. Hmmmm.....

I'm typing on the phone and it auto correct the spelling to shown instead of shot, haha. But yeah shown works too I guess.

[quote name='Malik112099']These damn nerf guns shoot really well for just having to tug on a loop.....impressive[/QUOTE]

Yeah well. I shoot really well when you tug on me, too.

[quote name='Zygote']Coupon did not work here in Grapevine tx. Is it dead?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They've confirmed on SD that the coupon no longer works. It takes $0 off the sale price.

Coupon didn't go through she kept trying and eventually called a manager over and he pointed out the sale thing. Damnit

[quote name='Strell']Yeah well. I shoot really well when you tug on me, too.[/QUOTE]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAZiaUrNQS8[/youtube]

I learned my lesson on FTF. When I came on CAG and this thread blew up in posts then it was free game time. I moved quickly. Shot down today 11:30 AM

Too bad we can't put "DEAD" in the thread title (since other RZ offers still work).

You know, I hear the guys who say it's up to us to jump on these ASAP. Totally true. Saying you'll wait a few days is dumb.

On the other hand, we can't totally dismiss the actions of CAGs who act like SlickDealers and pick up 30 of these at one store. DRAWING HUGE AMOUNTS OF ATTENTION TO A DEAL--say it with me kids--"KILLS THE DEAL FASTER". We slam newbies for posting about these deals on other sites or on Youtube. How is making a spectacle of yourself in the store ITSELF any different? It's actually far worse, because managers call in stuff like that, which causes corporate to do mid-day fixes like this one. Quietly pilfering a little at a time, flying under the radar, keeps Best Buy in the dark. Backing your truck up to the store and smashing through the front wall so you can load up is fine for that one CAG, maybe two, but it means the store calls it quits faster and beefs up security.

The moral of the story is: a good CAG jumps on a deal early, but does it with discretion and stealth. A bad CAG either waits too long or makes sure the entire Best Buy knows about the deal by raping it.

(And since some CAGs dismiss rational posts like this as "he's just mad because he didn't get any--too bad!", I got 8 from various stores yesterday and made roughly $150, thank you. If CAG hadn't killed the deal so quick, I would have made about $300 more. But what's done is done.)

oh zippon..

seriously, this has happened enough already, day one deal or you miss out, you can't control everyone..I'm just glad that the SDr's missed out :D

[quote name='biggreenmold']sd is what killed the deal, not cag.[/QUOTE]

but how do you figure? it wasn't posted there til after the stores closed last night, I doubt they rushed out this morning..

[quote name='token2k6']but how do you figure? it wasn't posted there til after the stores closed last night, I doubt they rushed out this morning..[/QUOTE]

Because CAGs like to blame everything on Slickdeals.

[quote name='Zippon'](And since some CAGs dismiss rational posts like this as "he's just mad because he didn't get any--too bad!", I got 8 from various stores yesterday and made roughly $150, thank you. If CAG hadn't killed the deal so quick, I would have made about $300 more. But what's done is done.)[/QUOTE]

None of this adds up.

As a new CAG member, I say thanks for the 6 that I got. Those of us in the east jumped early and got rewarded. I got a yellow and a blue gun. Thanks for this great deal.

[quote name='biggreenmold']sd is what killed the deal, not cag.[/QUOTE]

we all know that's true, at 10am today SD'ers were waiting in parking lots of BBs all over the nation and rushed in and a frenzy started, the police were called, a few people crushed in the stampeed! End result as always is SDer's killed the deal due to hoarding and bad attitudes!

I missed out this time round (1 day too late)... Bring on April! Come on, BB, give us a $20 off Brutal Legends RZG coupon to nurse my heart-ache :)

[quote name='estofan']I missed out this time round (1 day too late)... Bring on April! Come on, BB, give us a $20 off Brutal Legends RZG coupon to nurse my heart-ache :)[/QUOTE]

coupon is good until 4/4, got 2 more weeks for it to drop in MSRP. We may get another chance to hoard, I mean share in the goodness.

But who knows what the TIV will be by that time though.

It's pointless to argue who killed it. The local BB was filled with these things when I got there (so nobody had bought them yet). The deal was dead, as they have killed others. I'm upset with myself for not getting my ass there earlier, but otherwise it's useless to argue on who to blame.

Oh, and the game is not horrible, so those with kids should definitely consider picking it up at $20.00. It's not free, but you'll have something to play with your kids, and a spare wii-gun accessory for your other on rail shooters.

Sorry to those who missed out, and I should have went yesterday to get even more. I got very lucky. I decided to try them on E-bay first and I will be donating a portion of the sale proceeds to a charitable cause.

I attempted another 3 copies just a bit ago, but got shot down. I tried saying that the circular said "instant savings" rather than sale, blah blah blah...and the manager let me have one for free.
I figured the woman didn't know what she was doing, but now that I see this thread, it looks like it's a dead deal. No point in me trying another store, but I'm thrilled that I at least got four copies out of the deal.
I played it with my kids last night and they really liked the game, and loved the guns, and how they transform from Nerf gun to Wiimote gun casing. We're keeping a copy of the game and two of the guns.
The rest is getting traded to Gamestop tonight. I'm looking to buy Sega and Sonic All Stars for PS3 or 360.
Thanks as always CAG!

so for trading this into GS - are we taking out the game from package and trading that in separately along with the blaster? Figure ill keep one, give one to a friend with a Wii, and trade in the 3rd.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']Sorry to those who missed out, and I should have went yesterday to get even more. I decided to try them on E-bay first and I will be donating a portion of the sale proceeds to a charitable cause.[/QUOTE]

This is the internetz man, you don't have to lie, no one knows you in real life here, unless "charitable cause" mean your kids college fund.

[quote name='Zippon']Too bad we can't put "DEAD" in the thread title (since other RZ offers still work).

You know, I hear the guys who say it's up to us to jump on these ASAP. Totally true. Saying you'll wait a few days is dumb.

On the other hand, we can't totally dismiss the actions of CAGs who act like SlickDealers and pick up 30 of these at one store. DRAWING HUGE AMOUNTS OF ATTENTION TO A DEAL--say it with me kids--"KILLS THE DEAL FASTER". We slam newbies for posting about these deals on other sites or on Youtube. How is making a spectacle of yourself in the store ITSELF any different? It's actually far worse, because managers call in stuff like that, which causes corporate to do mid-day fixes like this one. [/QUOTE]

Honestly, I can't fault this guy's logic. I always feel guilty about taking more than one coupon's worth, but I don't fault the ones who did because I always wish I were them after.

But I remember when I was a manager at CVS, we had ExtraCare coupon abusers all the time on blood glucose monitors. I had someone at my store come in and take 15 monitors for free after coupon, and then an elderly couple came in after to replace some old crappy monitor, and I couldn't find them one anywhere in my district. I called DM and he made sure the overlapping coupon was killed before the end of that day.

These are games, though. I don't think any of us need feel that guilty about depriving someone of a Wii game. But it is something to keep in mind when hoarding some items.

[quote name='nixmahn']This is the internetz man, you don't have to lie, no one knows you in real life here, unless "charitable cause" mean your kids college fund.[/QUOTE]

I'm not lieing. It's 10% of the total sale to Susan G. Komen For the Cure. I can send you the e-bay link if you want, not sure how cag looks at me posting e-bay links.

[quote name='Pookymeister']so for trading this into GS - are we taking out the game from package and trading that in separately along with the blaster? Figure ill keep one, give one to a friend with a Wii, and trade in the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

I just opened the box and took the plastic off the game. I put everything back in the box. Blaster was still in the cardboard.

[quote name='Pookymeister']so for trading this into GS - are we taking out the game from package and trading that in separately along with the blaster? Figure ill keep one, give one to a friend with a Wii, and trade in the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're separate items. You can hold on to the piece of the gun that transforms it into a nerf gun, and you just trade in the rest of it.
Oh, and don't forget your coupon for the Wii game.

its hit or miss..I went to one and they actually pulled the original, new box from the shelf and tried checking that sku for a used, didn't come up. Guy insisted that it wasn't a "Wii Zapper" and wouldn't ring it as that (even though I showed him the receipt from another GS with the 'correct' skus) Manager eventually said to give it to me as a Wii Zapper. I think the gist is if they start out typing (searching) with "Wii" it will only show the zpper, perhaps if they start with "3rd" or "third" a third-party one will come up (?)

Just be outright and say this is Nerf 2, and this counts as a Wii Zapper. Before coupon it should be $14.58 or something..

[quote name='dragonjud']It's pointless to argue who killed it.[/QUOTE]

Really?
So it's okay for newbs to post about CAG on Youtube?
It's okay to call Gamestop/Best Buy and ask, "Do you have any penny guides?"
It's okay to call Target/Sears/etc and ask, "Do you have Fallout 3 GOTY on unmarked clearance for $19.99?"
And it was okay to call Best Buy yesterday and ask, "Are you giving away free Nerf N-Strike games with a Reward Zone coupon?"

Funny how all CAGs agree that the above are dumb moves that alert stores to deals and kill them. But when somebody says they gathered the whole Best Buy staff around so he could brag about getting 3 dozen games for free we say, "Bravo! Good job!" Followed by, "Gee, why did the deal die so fast...?" :roll:

There's a connection there, boyos. Squint really hard and you'll see it. :whistle2:k

(No, I don't expect anyone to suddenly wise up over this. But I've still got a right to say it. Cheering on deal-killers is dumb, dumb, dumb.)

[quote name='reininop']

These are games, though. I don't think any of us need feel that guilty about depriving someone of a Wii game. But it is something to keep in mind when hoarding some items.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a probem with someone snagging a few copies, but I can't stand the slugs that wipe out all of the stores in their area, and then brag about it.
Get a job.

[quote name='ultramanJ']I don't have a probem with someone snagging a few copies, but I can't stand the slugs that wipe out all of the stores in their area, and then brag about it.
Get a job.[/QUOTE]

oh we have jobs, but this is fun too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back