Best Buy Markdowns for week of Nov 15. Black Fri. Speculation included

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
Astro Boy (PS2) 19.99
Thief Deadly Shadows (XBOX) 29.99
X-Files (PS2) 19.99

Not much to speak of.

OK I have not seen the ad for Black Friday. Today though we recieved large quantities of several games that we have either not carried lately, or only in limited quantities. My guess is that some or all will be part of the ads that weekend.

Please be aware that this is only speculation. It's just that when you get 60 copies of Prince of Persia all of the sudden, something's up.

The games:

Cub:

Timesplitters 2

GBA:

American Idol
Midnight Club

PS2:

Prince of Perisa
Metal Arms
Virtua Fighter: Evo
Cabalas ( Not sure which )

Again this is only speculation, but these are all titles to watch for.

Peace

[quote name='Yeahman']X-Files (PS2) 19.99[/quote]

Use your Best Buy GGC and get this game for $14.99. This game is truly awesome! If you wanna play a game that will scare the shit outta you and keep you entertained with humor, then buy this game!! This game is almost identical to Silent Hill 2, but in most ways better. Take it from me - the only gamer who's actually played this game. :)

Funny line in the game after Scully saves Mulder from a zombie that snuck up on him:

Mulder - "First their coming back from the dead, and then their taking cheap shots from behind, that's just bullshit!"

[quote name='Yeahman']Astro Boy (PS2) 19.99
Not much to speak of.
[/quote]

??? Getting one of the greatest GBA games to date for only $14.99 and there isn't much to speak of?

Any person who has a GBA just isn't a true gamer untill they own AB:OF.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Yeahman']Astro Boy (PS2) 19.99
Not much to speak of.
[/quote]

??? Getting one of the greatest GBA games to date for only $14.99 and there isn't much to speak of?

Any person who has a GBA just isn't a true gamer untill they own AB:OF.[/quote]

Where do you see GBA next to Astro Boy (PS2) ?

Maybe you get those games free with system purchase? However, I wouldnt be caught dead with American Idol, total suckatude there

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='Yeahman']X-Files (PS2) 19.99[/quote]

Use your Best Buy GGC and get this game for $14.99. This game is truly awesome! If you wanna play a game that will scare the shit outta you and keep you entertained with humor, then buy this game!! This game is almost identical to Silent Hill 2, but in most ways better. Take it from me - the only gamer who's actually played this game. :)

Funny line in the game after Scully saves Mulder from a zombie that snuck up on him:

Mulder - "First their coming back from the dead, and then their taking cheap shots from behind, that's just bullshit!"[/quote]

I dunno if I'd trust game buying advice from a guy with "The Bouncer" for his avatar! :rofl:

Just messin' with you.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']No XBox Pop love? I really want to own that game. I rent it last year and beat it, but with WW coming out I want to get it and play it again.[/quote]

I had a hard enough time getting the Xbox PoP when there wasn't a deal on it. The day after it dropped to $20 I went to BB and picked it up for $15 (after GGC). It was the last one I saw at any BB - the two near me have been sold out of the XB version since then.

I work at best buy too and youre right about pop being in the sale. I saw the pull list which is a list of everything that we need to hold or make sure we keep a certain quantity of for the sale.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I bet you get Sands of Time free with Warrior Within...[/quote]

I dunno...it stands to reason that if you're buying Warrior Within, you already have or had Sands of time. Maybe they're throwing it in with an Xbox bundle?

Mulder - "First their coming back from the dead, and then their taking cheap shots from behind, that's just bullshit!"

The X-files is one of my favorite shows ever. I'm glad that the game retains the type of humor that made the show great. I will pick it up.

[quote name='mtxbass1'][quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Yeahman']Astro Boy (PS2) 19.99
Not much to speak of.
[/quote]

Any person who has a GBA just isn't a true gamer untill they own AB:OF.[/quote]

Where do you see GBA next to Astro Boy (PS2) ?[/quote]

never mind, thought it said GBA, that's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep :p

Thanks for posting, but nothing for me this week.

Just a note for anyone that missed it in the GameCrazy thread...X-Files: Resist or Serve is $10 at GameCrazy, new. I picked it up last night.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Thanks for posting, but nothing for me this week.

Just a note for anyone that missed it in the GameCrazy thread...X-Files: Resist or Serve is $10 at GameCrazy, new. I picked it up last night.[/quote]

I did miss that. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check it out on my way home tonight.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']No XBox Pop love? I really want to own that game. I rent it last year and beat it, but with WW coming out I want to get it and play it again.[/quote]
It was $10 during the green tag sale.

"Gee if that are all the titles that you are getting that is really sad. "

Its not. There are a bunch of other games that will be in the black friday ad.

Speaking of BB, I was in one this afternoon and all the shelves are stocked to the gills for the holiday season. Generally it's been about 20% empty, which is a lot of empty space when you think about it.

Also all they had were the $5 off $30 gift cards. Absolutely no $5 off $20. Wanted to stock up. Only have two left :(

[quote name='dinovelvet'][quote name='dental_regurgitation']I bet you get Sands of Time free with Warrior Within...[/quote]

I dunno...it stands to reason that if you're buying Warrior Within, you already have or had Sands of time. Maybe they're throwing it in with an Xbox bundle?[/quote]

I think WW doesn't come out to the 30th after BF anyway.

Yeahman, you are right about PS2 Prince of Persia. It will be $9.99 during BestBuy's BF blowout. There were a few others that I've added to the main thread, but nothing worth waking up early for...yet (aside from the dvd early bird specials).

I was waiting and waiting, checking this forum periodically for PS2 Transformers to drop to $19.99 so I could use the GGC and get it for $15. Never saw it happen, maybe I just missed it. But I just found out that Best Buy has it in-store for $19.99 now (got the last one at my store). It's not even on their website anymore.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='chickenhawk']Thanks for posting, but nothing for me this week.

Just a note for anyone that missed it in the GameCrazy thread...X-Files: Resist or Serve is $10 at GameCrazy, new. I picked it up last night.[/quote]

I did miss that. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check it out on my way home tonight.[/quote]

Well, the good news is that they had one new copy left. The bad news is that it was in the computer as being a used copy, so the guy would only sell it for the used price ($14.99) instead of the new price ($9.99). No sale. :evil:

Prince of Persia: SoT (Xbox version) is a must have. If you don't own that game, get the Xbox version: from what I've seen, it's the smoothest version (especially when you turn back time, it's SO SMOOTH!) I bought it back in January and I practically payed $20.00 for it (it was $39.98 and Splinter Cell came FREE with it). Prince of Persia: SoT (Xbox version) is simply incredible!

[quote name='Devin']Prince of Persia: SoT (Xbox version) is a must have. If you don't own that game, get the Xbox version: from what I've seen, it's the smoothest version (especially when you turn back time, it's SO SMOOTH!) I bought it back in January and I practically payed $20.00 for it (it was $39.98 and Splinter Cell came FREE with it). Prince of Persia: SoT (Xbox version) is simply incredible![/quote]
Indeed. I just beat it last weekend.

bread's done
Back