Best Buy Max Payne 3: Special Edition $34.99 (In Store Only / 360 Only)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Just came back from my local BB and saw the :360: Max Payne 3 Special Edition for $34.99.

I don't think this is not YMMV as it rung up $34.99 and didn't require a manager override. The receipt does say clearance discount.

The website still has it listed for $69.99 hence the "in store only." Also, I had them scan the :ps3: version and that one still rang up the regular price of $69.99 so :360: only for the $34.99 clearance price.

in theory if this isn't YMMV and your store has stock (for in-store pick up) you should be able to purchase it online at the $69.99 price and then when you go pick it up your receipt should so the in-store priice ($34.99) and your CC will get a credit back.

But all this depends on the price NOT being YMMV

[quote name='GBAstar']in theory if this isn't YMMV and your store has stock (for in-store pick up) you should be able to purchase it online at the $69.99 price and then when you go pick it up your receipt should so the in-store priice ($34.99) and your CC will get a credit back.

But all this depends on the price NOT being YMMV[/QUOTE]

these deals are always ymmv, so i am not even going to waste my time

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't YMMV. Amazon had MP3 for $29.99 this week. It's quickly looking more and more like a $19.99 price point game. :)

The store price is $34.99. I just called 3 different BBs that had it in stock. It is $34.99 at all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock locator is out, it looks like they may have dropped them from the system since it shows 'Unavailable' at my 50 nearest locations and I just called and the girl said 'We don't carry it anymore.' Might be worth it if somebody could find the actual stock checker that'd work.

If you ask someone in-store to check, their computer system gives accurate inventory down to the very last one (showing multiple locations as well). If memory serves, if a store has less than 3 of an item in stock, sometimes the stock locator on the website just shows "unavailable", even though that particular store might have 1 or even 2 copies. This was the case when I picked up the Alien Anthology set when it was $28 a few weeks back. Website said all the stores around here were OOS, but I had my closest store do a quick computer search, and a store just down the freeway had one and held it for me.

I guess I'll head out and check my local stores manually, thanks OP.

I just posted in the BB clearance game thread earlier this afternoon that I found the 360 version in store for $34.99. It was even stickered $69.99, but scanned properly, and required no type of override, so I think we can almost 100% assume that this is going to be the same price across B&M stores, regardless of what the website or sticker price may say.

All the stores around me are showing unavailable, but I'm almost positive I saw a couple when I picked up the MLB/NBA 2k12 game this week.

I'd be all over that, still haven't opened the $30 Max Payne I got from Amazon. I'll take all that bonus content and RZ points for an extra $5.

Found one today in Plano, TX @ parker and 75 and picked it up, appeared to be the last one. Cashier was shocked at the price and said he wanted one but I told him I didn't see anymore.

Was just at a Best Buy today and dont remember seeing this there, I might have to check the one near me tomorrow. Might call first, not super interested in this but would get one at this price if it was a quick drive.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Found one today in Plano, TX @ parker and 75 and picked it up, appeared to be the last one. Cashier was shocked at the price and said he wanted one but I told him I didn't see anymore.[/QUOTE]

I walked in after you then cause someone told me they just sold it! lol

[quote name='fortunado']Went through about 5 stores today, all were out.[/QUOTE]
I called them all Lewisville was the only store I was told had one an they said it was a defect.

[quote name='aramsey1986']I walked in after you then cause someone told me they just sold it! lol[/QUOTE]

Haha! Dang! Just missed meeting a fellow CAG. I actually circled it a few times, picked it up, put it down and walked away, came back looked again, walked away then said "fuck it" and got it. I nearly walked out empty handed, but decided to go ahead. Maybe next time!

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Haha! Dang! Just missed meeting a fellow CAG. I actually circled it a few times, picked it up, put it down and walked away, came back looked again, walked away then said "fuck it" and got it. I nearly walked out empty handed, but decided to go ahead. Maybe next time![/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, I did the same calling around stores and such. Yeah crazy to think I have CAG competition now :p and here I thought I was hitting up the BB and targets alone haha. I found one actually but its about 40 min out so I am contemplating it. How are the goodies worth it?

[quote name='aramsey1986']HAHAHA, I did the same calling around stores and such. Yeah crazy to think I have CAG competition now :p and here I thought I was hitting up the BB and targets alone haha. I found one actually but its about 40 min out so I am contemplating it. How are the goodies worth it?[/QUOTE]

I know there are other CAG's in the area, but only ran into one other CAG at a Sears in Irving. My normal territory is the Lewisville/Flower Mound area. Was out to lunch earlier today at that new Furr's right there and stopped in on a whim just to have a quick look and just happened to see the MP3. I don't frequent that store often but I lucked out today. As far as the SE, I feel like it's worth $35. Statue is better than some I've seen but not the best. I give it a B- compared to other similar CE/SE's. Definitely worth the $35 price tag. What stores do you frequent?

damn....I've my eye one a lone ps3 special edition for a little while now at my store.... I was so excited when I read this... any chance ps3 gets dropped too?

Damn thats a hella deal, too bad the game is so "meh"... Just my opinion though. Im trying to like it, but it suffers from trying to be too realistic, just like GTA 4. Hopefully it gets better as Im only about 4-5 hours in. I wish Remedy could have made it, but at least we have Alan Wake. I thought R* was untouchable until this... Hope its not the start of a downward trend. Still a good buy at that price.

[quote name='aramsey1986']I called them all Lewisville was the only store I was told had one an they said it was a defect.[/QUOTE]

bought the one in Lewisville ~2hrs before you posted. it wasnt a defect :)

[quote name='brewin']Damn thats a hella deal, too bad the game is so "meh"... Just my opinion though. Im trying to like it, but it suffers from trying to be too realistic, just like GTA 4. Hopefully it gets better as Im only about 4-5 hours in. I wish Remedy could have made it, but at least we have Alan Wake. I thought R* was untouchable until this... Hope its not the start of a downward trend. Still a good buy at that price.[/QUOTE]

I thought exactly the same, and it really doesn't get any better, unfortunately. The end is moderately enjoyable, but even that is not much of a step up. I'm praying that GTA V turns out very well.

[quote name='RobotSimp']bought the one in Lewisville ~2hrs before you posted. it wasnt a defect :)[/QUOTE]

Damn I was thinking about going to Lewisville tomorrow. Didn't think there were any CAGS in the area. Good to know. Amd yeah last time I saw it, it wasn't a defect.

I grabbed the last one at the Summerlin Las Vegas. Going to ship my regular version back to Amazon to get my $30 back for it.

Pretty sweet, thanks OP.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']Grabbed the last one at North Lake location in Charlotte NC.[/QUOTE]

That saves me a trip - that's the only place around me I remember having it...

[quote name='brewin']Damn thats a hella deal, too bad the game is so "meh"... Just my opinion though. Im trying to like it, but it suffers from trying to be too realistic, just like GTA 4. Hopefully it gets better as Im only about 4-5 hours in. I wish Remedy could have made it, but at least we have Alan Wake. I thought R* was untouchable until this... Hope its not the start of a downward trend. Still a good buy at that price.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't get better as it goes. The beginning is probably the closest to Max Payne (Remedy) you're going to get. The flashbacks being it. The rest of the game is ehhhh... It will remind you of Resident Evil 5 and stuff.

If they called this game Die Hard I would have enjoyed it. But they called it Max Payne 3. You can't do that without being dead on with what kind of game Max Payne truly is!

I have a feeling my BB doesn't bother with keeping special editions in stock... They never have anything.

Hell, last time I went into my BB, the video game section only had enough stock for maybe half of the space.

[quote name='knight19']That saves me a trip - that's the only place around me I remember having it...[/QUOTE]

Sorry dude, missed out on Uncharted 3 CE at $30 so I jumped on this. Going to Concord Mills today, I'll let you know if I see one there.

[quote name='GBAstar']in theory if this isn't YMMV and your store has stock (for in-store pick up) you should be able to purchase it online at the $69.99 price and then when you go pick it up your receipt should so the in-store priice ($34.99) and your CC will get a credit back.

But all this depends on the price NOT being YMMV[/QUOTE]You can get this price at any store, the OP or someone who has gotten the $35 price needs to post a pic of their receipt showing the price & store #. Any BB CSR can call the store to verify the price(doesn't matter if it's in stock the price just has to be current) & then they can match the price. Recently found this out when getting the :ps3: SFxTK SE just by showing the CAG thread with the receipt pic.

I went to the Pearland Texas store but they didnt have max Payne. They did have a UC3 CE for $30 though. I didn't buy that 1 since I already have it.

Great deal at this price.

I had one of these at launch, and never opened it. Returned it, and used the RZ $20 off coupon. I was happy with the vanilla for $40. Good game, but unfortunately sold poorly.

I would love to see this series continue. I liked the story, and the graphics ain't too shabby either. All around great production.

I got the last one at the Macedonia store this morning at opening. As I was looking at other things, the associate asked me if I wanted to leave it at the gaming counter so I wouldn't have to carry the box around while I was still looking. I told her that I wanted it in my hands until purchase because it could easily vanish at this price.

A few minutes later, another store associate was looking for the last copy, as she got a call from another store because inventory was still at 1. I'm glad I was thinking this morning, or I would have lost out on this deal to another customer.

None in-stock at the BBY in Springfield PA if anyone cares, TBH I'm not sure I'd want it at this price with all the gubbins. I think this is a game I'd rather get at

bread's done
Back