Best Buy Max Payne 3: Special Edition $34.99 (In Store Only / 360 Only)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Just came back from my local BB and saw the :360: Max Payne 3 Special Edition for $34.99.

I don't think this is not YMMV as it rung up $34.99 and didn't require a manager override. The receipt does say clearance discount.

The website still has it listed for $69.99 hence the "in store only." Also, I had them scan the :ps3: version and that one still rang up the regular price of $69.99 so :360: only for the $34.99 clearance price.

Saint'sRow911;9838528 said:
I grabbed the last one at the Summerlin Las Vegas. Going to ship my regular version back to Amazon to get my $30 back for it.

Pretty sweet, thanks OP.

You beat me to it by a little bit.
I've also been eyeing up that one for a while lol.

Alright i came back from the bb in Yonkers,ny / hartsdale,ny..No max payne but in hartsdale i was able to find aC:b collectors edition..5 for the 360 and 1 for the ps3..Last night i was checking bb.com and it said max payne 3 se was in every store in the city(nyc)...I dont know if this game is that popular but by 2am is was back to unavailable...wtf..

[quote name='Romeo']Only store in my district has it, and they have one left. Unfortunately they're ot even close to me.[/QUOTE]not sure if you're RZ silver but this could be a time for the BB personal shopper, getting it shipped free.

[quote name='benjamouth']None in-stock at the BBY in Springfield PA if anyone cares, TBH I'm not sure I'd want it at this price with all the gubbins. I think this is a game I'd rather get at

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I know there are other CAG's in the area, but only ran into one other CAG at a Sears in Irving. My normal territory is the Lewisville/Flower Mound area. Was out to lunch earlier today at that new Furr's right there and stopped in on a whim just to have a quick look and just happened to see the MP3. I don't frequent that store often but I lucked out today. As far as the SE, I feel like it's worth $35. Statue is better than some I've seen but not the best. I give it a B- compared to other similar CE/SE's. Definitely worth the $35 price tag. What stores do you frequent?[/QUOTE]

I usually hit up the Frisco stores, the colony, lewisville and out in the grapevine, irving, southlake, keller area. Usually i find the deals and dont have any issues. I was slacking yesterday and didnt check CAG till about 7-8 pm lol

I don't really get the appeal of special editions...

Who has the space to display statues of men; and why would you want to?

[quote name='lochdoun']I don't really get the appeal of special editions...

Who has the space to display statues of men; and why would you want to?[/QUOTE]

I do, and because I'm a dork and still a kid at heart.

I love having different things on display for all of my visitors to see when they come over.

Just gotta keep the kids's hands off stuff - NOT a toy, just there to look pretty

[quote name='grrouchie']I do, and because I'm a dork and still a kid at heart.

I love having different things on display for all of my visitors to see when they come over.

Just gotta keep the kids's hands off stuff - NOT a toy, just there to look pretty[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that.

I thought the quality on this statue wasn't too shabby. Well worth it for this package at this price.

On a side note I just finished the main story. Not bad at all. Good stuff here. I particularly liked the soundtrack.

Now to dive into MP. MP wasn't bad either from my limited time going through it.

Beautiful I got refunded 37 back up and I used it to pick up lord of the rings war in the north collectors edition for $20

got the last one in Tampa area... St. Pete.

solidified my status as a CAG... Drove about an hour to get it lol. (good thing my car is good on gas)

Does anyone want the statue and/or the pictures that come with the SE? The quality seems to be there, I just don't see much of a use for me since I don't have a ton of display room.

[quote name='nillarilla']got the last one in Tampa area... St. Pete.

solidified my status as a CAG... Drove about an hour to get it lol. (good thing my car is good on gas)[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that's a CAG move. Now if you had convinced your mom to drive you, you'd be a hero to many here.

Saint'sRow911;9839220 said:
Does anyone want the statue and/or the pictures that come with the SE? The quality seems to be there, I just don't see much of a use for me since I don't have a ton of display room.

I'm interested. How much do you want? Pm me.

Thanks

[quote name='ijustw1n']I'm not sure that's a CAG move. Now if you had convinced your mom to drive you to 5 different stores while you buy 12 copies of it, you'd be a hero to many here.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you my friend.

Damn. Thursday evening a store near me still had two copies (also tagged with a 25% off sticker that would of certainly ended up being taken off by the blue shirt), but someone(s) must of snagged them up yesterday. Oh well.

Picked up possibly the last one in the DFW area. :) I took a pic of the statue It looks pretty cool.

photobvt.jpg

[quote name='NoelVermillion']i have one on hold at a store, but they said it costs $69.99.
Does the price change when your paying? or what?

is this at every store correct?[/QUOTE]

Is it PS3? Mine rang up $34.99

[quote name='NoelVermillion']i have one on hold at a store, but they said it costs $69.99.
Does the price change when your paying? or what?

is this at every store correct?[/QUOTE]

If it's 360 it should ring up $34.99 in store.

It was for the 360 ---^
i asked over the phone and they told me its at $69.99. I'm assuming thats what the computer is pulling up.
Maybe it will be at a different price if they ring it up at the register. Does anyone know how long they can keep it on hold?

[quote name='NoelVermillion']It was for the 360 ---^
i asked over the phone and they told me its at $69.99. I'm assuming thats what the computer is pulling up.
Maybe it will be at a different price if they ring it up at the register. Does anyone know how long they can keep it on hold?[/QUOTE]

Its a deleted item they may have been looking on the website.

I called my local BBY and they said they don't have it in stock, but they could order it for me. If they ordered it, would I be able to go in and get the sale? Not sure how that works.

My Best Buy never has good sales like this.
- No Max Payne 3 SE for either system in stock. They haven't had them in ages and both ring up as $70.
- No Batman AC CE for either system. They haven't had them in ages.
- The one and only LOTR WitN CE they have is still $40 whereas everyone is saying they marked it down to $20 elsewhere.

Just terrible. Once my Best Buy sells off a CE of a game they just never bother to restock. In actuality I think the only CE they ever restocked was The Old Republic's CE but that's because they got like 3 when they first came out, sold them all, and then ordered like 30 more and never sold them off because no one else wanted them for the full price. So there are just a ton of them sitting there waiting to be sold.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']My Best Buy never has good sales like this.
- No Max Payne 3 SE for either system in stock. They haven't had them in ages and both ring up as $70.
- No Batman AC CE for either system. They haven't had them in ages.
- The one and only LOTR WitN CE they have is still $40 whereas everyone is saying they marked it down to $20 elsewhere.

Just terrible. Once my Best Buy sells off a CE of a game they just never bother to restock. In actuality I think the only CE they ever restocked was The Old Republic's CE but that's because they got like 3 when they first came out, sold them all, and then ordered like 30 more and never sold them off because no one else wanted them for the full price. So there are just a ton of them sitting there waiting to be sold.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious...? I'm afraid I think you are. I normally wouldn't reply to trollbait but this just takes the cake.

1) if your area sells out, that means you're in a populated area or oh I don't know, people buy shit.

2) CEs and LEs are just that, LIMITED. These items generally are not restocked and they should never be, as that ruins the whole idea of what they are.

[quote name='Romeo']Are you serious...? I'm afraid I think you are. I normally wouldn't reply to trollbait but this just takes the cake.

1) if your area sells out, that means you're in a populated area or oh I don't know, people buy shit.

2) CEs and LEs are just that, LIMITED. These items generally are not restocked and they should never be, as that ruins the whole idea of what they are.[/QUOTE]

It's not trollbait idiot. I'm simply pointing out that it sucks that my Best Buy doesn't adhere to what other peoples' Best Buys do. My Best Buy never got any MP3 SE in store AT ALL. And if they did they don't adhere to the $35 deal for the 360 version that so many other Best Buys are doing.

I live in a populated town, but very few people game here. As such my Best Buy either orders too little or too many of things (case in point being the Old Republic CEs).

I know that they are SUPPOSED to be limited. The problem is that they usually aren't. Think about Halo Reach's Legendary Edition and how that was supposed to be "limited", yet they still fucking make the things daily.

My Best Buy doesn't know how to make money. They don't order what actually sells, yet order things that don't sell. Do they order more CE's or games that sell? No. They order more copies of Carnival Island. Every time I walk into that store I swear there are 3 more new copies on the shelf then there were last time. I think after they ordered so many Old Republic CE's and saw that they didn't sell they just completely stopped giving a shit about the gaming department in their store.
And the PS3 section shrinks every time while the Wii section grows, yet doesn't sell shit.

In other words, I really NEED to move. And you need to stop being a smartass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, all copies taken in the Charlotte, NC area.

Quick Question: Will this over time drop in price? Or will this be the lowest price in a long time?

[quote name='sididiq']There's one more left at the greenville, nc bb[/QUOTE]

really? I just checked the stores and it said unavailable.

Went to pick up my copy that I ordered last night. Said it was ready for pickup but when I get to the store they did not have my copy. Should I email customer service and try to get them to ship me one? Or is it just a waste of time?

[quote name='jkircos']Went to pick up my copy that I ordered last night. Said it was ready for pickup but when I get to the store they did not have my copy. Should I email customer service and try to get them to ship me one? Or is it just a waste of time?[/QUOTE]
What did they say in the store?

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']really? I just checked the stores and it said unavailable.[/QUOTE]
Low stock also shows up as "unavailable" on the web checker.

I never trust it. You're better off making a phone call at the very least. If it is convenient for me, I generally just go to the store to check for myself.

Good luck.

[quote name='jkircos']Went to pick up my copy that I ordered last night. Said it was ready for pickup but when I get to the store they did not have my copy. Should I email customer service and try to get them to ship me one? Or is it just a waste of time?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but I'd rather talk to a manager or CS in the store before I started emailing them. I just feel like you'd probably have better luck dealing with something like that in person. And most times BB has screwed something up for me, they fix it by giving you a giftcard, free game or something. (I remember when they took like 3 months to fix my computer, they gave me like $100 worth of games for free).

Oh, and I live in a pretty populated area and have found CEs before (AC: Brotherhood, Batman Arkham City - live in Kansas City). Plus, I found this Max Payne one in an area that's almost just as populated (Las Vegas). I really think it's just the luck of it, and being able to jump on it as soon as possible.

Anyone able to pick up an extra copy that's still sealed? If so It would be great if you messaged me about a possibly selling me it, I can pay you for the cost of shipping and plus a little incentive aswell.

The copy I ordered was picked up about 30 minutes ago. The price automatically adjusted to $34.99. The refund appeared in my Paypal account w/in minutes.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last one at my local BB (Millbury, MA). Made me laugh that the regular version was just above it for 59.99.

[quote name='aeporter427']Thanks OP. Picked up the last one at my local BB (Millbury, MA). Made me laugh that the regular version was just above it for 59.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had the guy check the price for me before I bought it. He was pretty shocked when it rang up for $34.99 when the regular version was sitting there like 10 feet away for $59.99

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Anybody spot any of these in the NYC area? I'm looking! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Check from the 86th Lexington store down. They are all gone.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Anybody spot any of these in the NYC area? I'm looking! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I just got last one at Atlantic pacific, funny that I met a local cag member there, we both got Duke Nukem CE guides there free. Regarding stock, I know that one in Valley Stream had a few copies two months ago. It's worth a call to check if they are still there.

My friend and I got the last two in OKC. Hit a ton of stores and the last store we went to had 2 just waiting for us. Yippee.

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']Hey guys,
Is this the lowest this SE will be for a whle? or will it be close to this prce in a couple of months?[/QUOTE]

Nobody will be able to tell you for sure, but you probably won't be able to find one in a couple months. IMO, if you have any interest in Max Payne 3, grab this - this SE is well worth the $35 if you can find it.

bread's done
Back