Best Buy Max Payne 3: Special Edition $34.99 (In Store Only / 360 Only)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Just came back from my local BB and saw the :360: Max Payne 3 Special Edition for $34.99.

I don't think this is not YMMV as it rung up $34.99 and didn't require a manager override. The receipt does say clearance discount.

The website still has it listed for $69.99 hence the "in store only." Also, I had them scan the :ps3: version and that one still rang up the regular price of $69.99 so :360: only for the $34.99 clearance price.

:ps3: Why U No drop to $35?
u=587473646,1149697521&fm=0&gp=0.jpg

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Glad I wasted my money for full price...ugh[/QUOTE]

I feel horrible for spending full price on the regular game, considering it was $40-50 within the first three weeks, i.e. price match (for most) period. At least it took two and a half months for the SE to drop.

[quote name='ItalianWeapons']I think its too late tbh. All unavailable at the 10 freaking best buys somewhat around me. Will they restock? Probably not.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from a Best Buy that said it was 'unavailable'. I'm guessing most people did too since it will say unavailable once they have < 3 copies or something like that. And no way they would restock - the price is at $35 so they get rid of what they have left.

I bought MP3 right around the launch date. The campaign was pretty hard, but still awesome. The MP sucked ass, so I traded it in a couple weeks ago. Not a bad deal for $35 though.

[quote name='krashhole']I bought MP3 right around the launch date. The campaign was pretty hard, but still awesome. The MP sucked ass, so I traded it in a couple weeks ago. Not a bad deal for $35 though.[/QUOTE
I completely agree with you on the campaign. It was challenging, but very rewarding. I found myself scouring stages for the collectibles.

The multiplayer has been pretty fun so far. A lot of run and gun. I haven't played much with the bullet time online yet. I hear that is an extremely fun addition.

[quote name='ProAnon']I feel horrible for spending full price on the regular game, considering it was $40-50 within the first three weeks, i.e. price match (for most) period. At least it took two and a half months for the SE to drop.[/QUOTE]Games drop in 30 days which is why the BB deal was the best. You get the $20 RZ + the cheaper price & now with 60 days to pm as a silver member this is the norm.

Got the last one in Huntington Station, NY. Store listed as "Unavailable" Found it without seeking it, just happened to be poking around and remember my boyfriend mentioned it was clearanced.

Great deal!

Does anybody have a copy they might be interested in selling. If so please PM me.

I'm gonna check a few other Bestbuy near me. So if they don't have it at the store I will more than likely buy from whoever it is that is willing to sell.

[quote name='S1mplyPr1celess']Does anybody have a copy they might be interested in selling. If so please PM me.

I'm gonna check a few other Bestbuy near me. So if they don't have it at the store I will more than likely buy from whoever it is that is willing to sell.[/QUOTE]

I'll sell you the statue, pictures, soundtrack and maybe the key chain (pretty much everything but the game lol).

Saint'sRow911;9844446]I'll sell you the statue said:
I need the whole complete thing. Its for my girl. She been dying to get the game but i told her hold off on it till price goes down. Worst part is i was in bestbuy saturday and should have snagged the copy. I didnt know about the price drop till past midnight on Saturday, and the bestbuy i live near aint open on sundays.

Unless somebody can scan their reciept and pm it. I can see if i can pull the deal off else where.

Only took me about 12 hours to beat the game. The story was pretty well done and fun. Really simple, but there was never a dull moment in the game, lots of long cut scenes, which doesn't bother me because I'd rather have a really enjoyable game with an awesome story even if it's short, than something that's really drawn out.

I'll jump on the multiplayer to see if I like it. Otherwise I'll just toss the game in my collection and leave it there since I don't get rid of my Rockstar games.

The game did feel like a Die Hard rather than a Max Payne, but it was still awesome.

Sometimes, you gotta use a little Deal-Jutsu ^_^
Called my local store, gave rep SKU... none in stock.

Asked if any close stores had any... nope.

Asked to broaden search... store 200 miles away has one left.

Can you get them to ship to this store? No way man.

Asked for store's number... called them.

Had rep check stock... one left.

Asked if they could send to my local store... I don't think so.

Asked if rep could check and make sure... please hold.

Gets back on line, asks for my contact info... they're sending to my local store!
Yup. I'm awesome.

[quote name='Gabrius']Sometimes, you gotta use a little Deal-Jutsu ^_^
Yup. I'm awesome.[/QUOTE]

Nice work. ;) So once you have mailed to your local store, do you pay for it at that time or when you pick up? I didn't know Best Buy could do that lol.

[quote name='lRolLlLilN']Nice work. ;) So once you have mailed to your local store, do you pay for it at that time or when you pick up? I didn't know Best Buy could do that lol.[/QUOTE]

I will pay when it arrives - my contact info was taped to the box for the local store to call me once it got in. I'm confident that it's pretty much a done deal as I am friends with the guy who runs the Gaming kiosk at my local shop.

As for what BBY can and can't do... it's customer service, dude. Meaning it's about the most YMMV thing you will ever experience in your lifetime. Not much is written in stone when it comes to store policies... sometimes you just need to find the right helpful person... sometimes that takes some effort.

...had I called my local store and requested this in reverse, it would've never have happened. The CSRs at my local BBY are a bunch of lazy slags.

So I went into a Best Buy today that I hadn't been to in a while to grab a pre-owned game that showed as in stock there that I wanted to use my $5 coupon on. As I was sort of wandering around just checking to see if there were any more surprises, on an end cap was a Max Payne 3 Special Edition marked as $34.99. I actually did a double take. The OMS at another store had flat out said that there were no more copies of the SE anywhere in the state, but here, just a couple of miles away (the next closest store) was one just waiting for me. Yay! I then remembered I had a $10 coupon in my email from in-store pickups and asked a blue shirt if I could use a computer to print that off. Used game and Max Payne 3 special edition for $31.

[quote name='Gabrius']I will pay when it arrives - my contact info was taped to the box for the local store to call me once it got in. I'm confident that it's pretty much a done deal as I am friends with the guy who runs the Gaming kiosk at my local shop.

As for what BBY can and can't do... it's customer service, dude. Meaning it's about the most YMMV thing you will ever experience in your lifetime. Not much is written in stone when it comes to store policies... sometimes you just need to find the right helpful person... sometimes that takes some effort.

...had I called my local store and requested this in reverse, it would've never have happened. The CSRs at my local BBY are a bunch of lazy slags.[/QUOTE]

Whats to stop one of these lazy slags from removing your name and buying it themselves? Ive heard of shadier.... But my local store is actually pretty cool. Most of them know me by name and laugh about how much i frequent there... Which is kinda sad actually.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Whats to stop one of these lazy slags from removing your name and buying it themselves? Ive heard of shadier.... But my local store is actually pretty cool. Most of them know me by name and laugh about how much i frequent there... Which is kinda sad actually.[/QUOTE]

I told the Gaming rep to be on the lookout for me... he just called me to let me know my copy just arrived ^_^

Walked into bestbuy hoping to get lucky, one Max Payne SE locked in their case, asked the rep to price check and he was shocked to see it $34.99 so i snagged that, then he mentioned there was one Uncharted 3 CE for $29.99 sitting in a weird unnoticeable corner so I picked that up too! Does anyone remember what the Gears 3 Epic editions were going for at BB, i saw one on my way out and might return to pick that up too if its cheap.

[quote name='RPGamer246']Walked into bestbuy hoping to get lucky, one Max Payne SE locked in their case, asked the rep to price check and he was shocked to see it $34.99 so i snagged that, then he mentioned there was one Uncharted 3 CE for $29.99 sitting in a weird unnoticeable corner so I picked that up too! Does anyone remember what the Gears 3 Epic editions were going for at BB, i saw one on my way out and might return to pick that up too if its cheap.[/QUOTE]

They were $59.99, I believe...

[quote name='RPGamer246']Walked into bestbuy hoping to get lucky, one Max Payne SE locked in their case, asked the rep to price check and he was shocked to see it $34.99 so i snagged that, then he mentioned there was one Uncharted 3 CE for $29.99 sitting in a weird unnoticeable corner so I picked that up too! Does anyone remember what the Gears 3 Epic editions were going for at BB, i saw one on my way out and might return to pick that up too if its cheap.[/QUOTE]
Just had one price checked and it scanned 99.99. I thought the 59.99 drop was universal.

i am so happy i got one...had to call up a buddy of mine back in my college town but when he comes back down he'll drop it off.. yippee

[quote name='jdawgg76']Just had one price checked and it scanned 99.99. I thought the 59.99 drop was universal.[/QUOTE]

way too much for me, thanks for checking!

[quote name='dominator']If I remember correctly, they were on sale for 59.99. I think they went back up after two weeks or so.[/QUOTE]
I see. I thought it was a permanent drop...

Was in my local Best Buy today, and noticed though they had finally sold their last Ps3 SE of the game, it was indeed marked down from $70 to $35. Figured I'd let people know, if anyone has it nearby, and have been waiting for it to drop. ;)

I just bought a GoW3 Epic edition this past weekend, paid $49.99.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Same here :cry:
All NYC area[/QUOTE]

If you are able to get to Lawrence, which is on the south shore near the Queens/LI border...they had one on the floor when I went last week. I already picked it up further east on LI so I didn't grab it.

[quote name='ProAnon']Was in my local Best Buy today, and noticed though they had finally sold their last Ps3 SE of the game, it was indeed marked down from $70 to $35. Figured I'd let people know, if anyone has it nearby, and have been waiting for it to drop. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro, just picked up the last :ps3: copy at my local Best Buy. Been waiting for that sucker to drop. I feel bad for some of you that couldn't even find one when I'm sitting on one for each system...

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']I feel bad for some of you that couldn't even find one when I'm sitting on one for each system...[/QUOTE]

Yeah my Best Buy doesn't have any and never even had any at all period :(

I would love to grab a PS3 copy at this price.

[quote name='merobb']Has anyone noticed if this has started to apply to the PS3 version yet or not?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm (as have other posters above) that the ps3 version is indeed at $34.99 since I grabbed one for around $30 (manager's discount on top of that).

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']I can't find this and on their website it doesn't say $34,00[/QUOTE]
It says in store both on the title and in the OP...

^This has been going for quite a while now I'm surprised you just caught wind seeing that you are interested in this CE, you better move quick.

Anybody know the SKU for the PS3 version?
Usually google works but having hard time finding this one.
Thanks.

[quote name='shadowkast']Do we have a sku for the ps3 version? (still digging in the thread)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='malalrd']Anybody know the SKU for the PS3 version?
Usually google works but having hard time finding this one.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

:ps3: 4248156
:360: 4223194
You're welcome ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had no luck in the Minneapolis area, hit-up every Best Buy in the area. If anyone finds one or could snag one for Xbox 360, I'd be willing to work something out to cover it plus shipping.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']Oops, what an idiot. Thanks, I fixed them lol.[/QUOTE]

No, thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to list the PS3 SKU.

bread's done
Back