BEST BUY.... no game in box

tattoojeep

CAGiversary!
Hi,

I just went to best buy last night and purchased two games... for the BOGO deal o nthe PS3. Not sure if anyone else has ever had this happen. What should I do.

I purchased Batman and Dirt2. Batman is awesome. I played that from like 6PM til about 830. Then opened up Dirt 2. no disc in the box. :( Anyone else ever come accross this and will Best Buy give me a replacement? or am I SOL?

Just take it back to Best Buy with the receipt, I'm sure they'll replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, this just happened to me yesterday with a copy of Mortal Kombat vs. DC that I bought from Target on clearance two months ago. The game was perfectly sealed too. I just explained it to the customer service people and they gave me a refund since the game was out of stock now. Faster you return it the better, as it looks shady to them.

Also, if BB refuses for some reason you can contact the game publisher and tell them what happened. They may be able to get you a replacement disc for a small fee.

Not sure if anyone has had this problem in the past. I am a very honest person.. I just want to make sure this is the right thing to do or if I should send it to Codemasters.

[quote name='bvharris']Probably deal/shopping discussion. I hope I was able to answer your question though, I'm sure they'll exchange it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah either that or maybe even the Lifestyle and Off Topic discussion. It was an honest mistake by a new comer. Tattoo, the deals thread is pretty much just for deal discussions (sales/clearances/etc.). That's why your comment would be out of place - especially as a thread. You could probably find somebody in a best buy deal thread that might be kind enough to answer your question though.

I had this happen at Walmart, and the game was still perfectly sealed as well except mine had a burned copy of the game in the case.....

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I had this happen at Walmart, and the game was still perfectly sealed as well except mine had a burned copy of the game in the case.....[/QUOTE]

how this sounds sketchy

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I have never opened a factory sealed game and found no disc, ever. I own hundreds of games. What luck :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

dude... same here... was bummed... woulda been more bummed had Batman not been 1000% better then I thought it was going to be. Principle though... still... and like... I am going to feel like a retard today bringing it back to the BB.

This happened to me once with a factory sealed PS2 game. I still have the case, but the game was so cheap and I waited so many months to open it that it was too late to return it.

Dont feel retarded. You legitimately opened a new game to find no disc inside. just tell them your story, show them your receipt, and they should let you get a new copy. I say "should" because BB employees really all work off their own individual policies, so you never really know whats going to happen.

I had this happen to me with Guitar Hero way back in the day. Bought the guitar/game from GameStop, took it home, opened it, no game case in the box.

Took it back, explained it, got a replacement with no problem. Hope you have the same luck. I figure if I had no problems with GAMESTOP, BB shouldn't be too dickish about it either ;)

cool... I will let everyone know how it turns out. They were closed last night when i figured out what happened and I have been at work all day stewing about it. My old friends From Circuit City work there now... so it shouldn't be a problem but who knows. May make it easier.

This happened to me with a desktop motherboard from Frys Electronics - funny thing is the empty box even had some heft. I took it back, explained it, they replaced it.

I questioned how an empty box could have been shrink wrapped with plastic tie wraps - they said it was used for a demo likely and someone sealed the box without checking.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I had this happen at Walmart, and the game was still perfectly sealed as well except mine had a burned copy of the game in the case.....[/QUOTE]

Kotaku I think it was had a story on this about amonth ago, some guy got prosecuted for buying games from walmart then replacing them with burnt disks and returning them.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I have never opened a factory sealed game and found no disc, ever. I own hundreds of games. What luck :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

It's rare, but it happens... I own over 1,000 DVDs, bought new, and have never had this problem. I ordered a Sonic the Hedgehog DVD set for a friend- her first online DVD purchase, I believe- and it was missing a disc. Got it replaced no problem, but what're the odds, huh?

in all my years buying 100s maybe 1000s of dvds and games I had it happen once with the Complete Seinfeld series, it was missing one disk.

bread's done
Back