Best Buy (Norwalk, CT) - $5 / $10 BLOWOUT CLEARANCE YMMV UPDATE 8/28 More Games

diablofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE 8/28 Evening

If Richard 18 did pick up the last True Crime 2 days ago and didn't see anthing else, it is safe to say that they have these new batches every Monday (or at least when they have too much stock of these games every week)

They have updated this table with a new batch of games, this time it's not as exciting as last week but still one or two good ones to be had, personally I didn't pick up anything yet... they have all these on a table, games are either marked $9.99 or $4.99 but the remaining games from last week are not updated. and they do not have the new BLOWOUT SALES sheet printed at the register or the table yet (the register is still posting last week's paper)

Leftovers from previous week:
:ps2: Sly 2 $5 or $6
:gc: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $5 or $6
:xbox: Gun $5 or $6

New Additions:
:ps2: 007 Nightfire GH $10
:ps2: Harry Potter GH $10
:ps2: Driv3r GH $10
:ps2: Killzone GH $10
:ps2: Mortal Kombat Deception GH $10
:ps2: Bad Boys Miami Takedown $5
:ps2: Choro Q $5 (is this a good game? I almost bought it)
:ps2: Pro Bass Challenge $5
:ps2: $5
:xbox: Unreal Championship 2 $5

That is all.
I'l be frequenting this BB for sure...

Confirmed in Norwalk CT, these games are on a clearance table near the game section, if you cant find them go to the actual game section, you can find more of these games in their original places:

They have the following (Razr arent the best for taking photos)
w/ 8/24 update on Leftovers:

:gc: Battalion Wars (which i bought) $6
:gc: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $6 tons left!
:xbox: Gun $6 tons left
:xbox: True Crime NYC Collector Edition $6 very few left
:ps2: Sly 2 (GH) $6 a few left
:xbox: :ps2: DaVinci Code $6 very few ps2 copies left, xbox gone
:xbox: :ps2: Call of Duty Big Red One $9
New Additions:
XBOX NFL EA Wireless Controllers $10

there are back to school coupons that you may use and may even qualify for another 10% off, if they let you. since these games are scanned at their sticker price i had to point out to the girl that they are on clearance, needless to say, she was very sorry because the blowout lists are posted next to each cash register. :cool:

these may be as well YMMV since I have not confirmed in other BB's. so if anyone are interested, PM me, I can grab these for you, pay me for game, postage and a buck or two for gas and I can ship them to you. I'm looking for trades as well.:D

I also found some Super Mario Advance 4 (SMB3) E-reader cards for 2 dollars. are those worth it???

Update 8/22:
- I'd hate to turn this into a sale/trade thread but I've been getting like PMs like crazy and yeah there won't be enough BW for everyone since there are 20 copies wanted on my list and the table had like 2-3 left...

- sad update from a fellow CAG who hit up the BB already and said that the $5.99 table is gone, I will confirm if I can just get away for lunch. which doesn't look like it since I spent most of the time returning PMs... if not im going there after work

- if I'm lucky to get anything, I'll open up a new thread for the purpose of fulfilling the requests.

- and no dont thank me, i've gotten enough deals off you cheapasses :) , i'd love to help out if i can...

UPDATE 8/22 Evening

Sorry but this is kind of a disappointment. I couldn't leave work today until after 6:30, but when I got there around 7, they are already closed. Normally they close at 9,. i think they're doing some kind of inventory check since the employees are all taking their cigarette breaks still but won't let customers in.

I'll try again tomorrow IF they still have a table there

This may be related anyway, maybe they see too many copies of these games lying around, and tried to get rid of them via the Blowout sale table before taking inventory?

UPDATE 8/23 Evening

They still have the table, although all Battalion Wars are now gone. I cannot locate them. They have a LOT of FF:CC and GUN left. I can still do this for CAGs, but UNLESS I PM'ed you back recently, I did not get anything for you because I assume that most people wanted to "tack stuff on" with Battalion Wars. So, if you still want the games left on this updated list, PM me.

UPDATE 8/24 Evening

They still have the table, and its tidied up a little bit.
Only a few games left, see above. One new addition is the XBOX NFL Wireless Controller from EA or something for 10 bucks, I didn't bother to check for quality as I was going in to grab Gun and True Crime for a few people who's still wants me to grab these games.

I'm beginning to think that this Norwalk BB will have these sales a lot, since it does look like they do update this particular table (yeah only a controller, but they do have a new "blowout sale" sheet posted on the table that now no longer lists the OOS games such as BW or Call Of Duty 2. I may just have to check this store out every once in a while! :D

And the cashier recognized me already, "you again?" the african american lady was nice, but she's pissed that she always need the manager to override the prices since they all scan at 29.99 or 19.99 or whatnot.

now that I think about it, I should've loaded an XBOX 360 COD2 in there and told her that it's part of the sale when I was there yesterday... :twisted:the list does not specify which system.

I'm not going to go back to work until Monday, by then I'm sure the table will be gone (or hopefully newer games cleared out on my new favorite table), so don't bother PM'ing me to get games until I have another update here next week. Thanks and cheers all.\\:D/

Man.. I was hoping it was a nationwide $4.99 clearance BB clearance. It's about time for one, as there hasn't been one in a while. Seems like another one of those sporadic individual store clearances.

By the way OP, not only was the picture nice on the thread to instantly kill any possible confusion, but I gotta say you're going above and beyond to help other CAGs get in on the deals. Nice job man.

[quote name='D4MTS_Gamers']I went to the Norwalk,CT store this morning looking for Battalion Wars - no luck. The table was gone, but I noticed that they still had a lot of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles in the regular game section.[/quote]

RLY? damn there goes my list. where did you look, it should be a few yards away from the customer service counter (the circular one)

do they still have that list of blowout games near the cash registers?

Sniff... Not even a table at the Best Buy in West Hartford. Plenty of FF:CC copies marked at $19.99 though... Even with a GGC I don't think I'm willing to bite on it though.

[quote name='diablofreak']ok this is fucking scary, i KNOW i used photobucket to host the pic yesterday, why is it now in imageshack? am i fucked in the head or something?[/quote]
I changed it to a thumbnailed image, since 1280 x 1024 images aren't friendly to people who have smaller res monitors. I always use imageshack for my images.

No fucking in the head intended.

[quote name='shrike4242']I changed it to a thumbnailed image, since 1280 x 1024 images aren't friendly to people who have smaller res monitors. I always use imageshack for my images.

No fucking in the head intended.[/quote]

thats what i figured, but there wasn't any "edited by moderator" at the end of my OP... ;)

got the PM, will look for COD later today, though the other CAG here in CT told me the table is gone.

[quote name='shrike4242']I changed it to a thumbnailed image, since 1280 x 1024 images aren't friendly to people who have smaller res monitors. I always use imageshack for my images.

No fucking in the head intended.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I don't understand why more people don't use ImageShack, the thumbnails are quite convenient.

True Crime New York City is definitely worth $6. It was one of the best action game of this generation by far.

[quote name='Rozz']True Crime New York City is definitely worth $6. It was one of the best action game of this generation by far.[/quote]

is that sarcasm?

[quote name='diablofreak']is that sarcasm?[/quote]

No, someone just has a different opinion than you. How shocking!:roll:

[quote name='Rozz']No, someone just has a different opinion than you. How shocking!:roll:[/quote]

no i really didnt know if you were being sarcastic.
the general consensus was that this game sucked. i played it, it wasn't great. i didn't like it mainly because of an inaccurate NYC map. i would've loved it if they went the extra mile in recreating a more real NYC.

[quote name='diablofreak']no i really didnt know if you were being sarcastic.
the general consensus was that this game sucked. i played it, it wasn't great. i didn't like it mainly because of an inaccurate NYC map. i would've lo
ved it if they went the extra mile in recreating a more real NYC.[/quote]

No problem then, I hope I didnt offend you. I thought it was a great game, though it did feel rushed in some parts, which it probably was. Still, I'd say anyone should give it a try for $6 if you enjoy GTA type games or just action games in general. Thanks for posting about the deal by the way. I'll check to see if my Best Buy has anything sometime. Thanks! :D

Damn, your BB is lucky. I went on saturday looking for the $10 geist (didn't have it), but someone was nice enough not to buy the last copy of Trauma Center so I picked it up for $30 :D. They didn't have any game deals at my Best Buy in Wilkes Barre, PA.

just checked here in spokane at the north point best buy (have not been to the valley yet). no back to school sale going on here. has anyone by chance been to the valley store?

So far no other stores in the entire country are confirmed to be having a clearance sale like this, correct? Anyone check the Indianapolis stores yet?

I went to my local BB and the only table they had for the release of Madden 07. I did see Da Vinci Code for PS2 on the shelf but it was regular price.

I was just at my BB in Morrow, GA and they didn't have anything clearanced, but I did see some signs saying you can get 15% off an accessory of your choice if you beat a clerk at one of the demoed games.

[quote name='SilverGriever']I was just at my BB in Morrow, GA and they didn't have anything clearanced, but I did see some signs saying you can get 15% off an accessory of your choice if you beat a clerk at one of the demoed games.[/QUOTE]

beat a clerk? how lame is that. they must tell the clerk to suck, cause people would be made if he was really good and kicking everyone's ass

[quote name='SilverGriever']I was just at my BB in Morrow, GA and they didn't have anything clearanced, but I did see some signs saying you can get 15% off an accessory of your choice if you beat a clerk at one of the demoed games.[/quote]

Forreals? Foreallyreals? That's the craziest promotion I've heard of.

UPDATE 8/22 Evening

Sorry but this is kind of a disappointment. I couldn't leave work today until after 6:30, but when I got there around 7, they are already closed. Normally they close at 9,. i think they're doing some kind of inventory check since the employees are all taking their cigarette breaks still but won't let customers in.

This may be related anyway, maybe they see too many copies of these games lying around, and tried to get rid of them via the Blowout sale table before taking inventory?

[quote name='haguremetaru']Forreals? Foreallyreals? That's the craziest promotion I've heard of.[/quote]

Yup, signage has been up for at least a month. I got me a Wireless 360 controller for 15% off, just for spanking the clerk so hard at Guitar Hero. He knew how to play too so it wasn't a wash.

I can report that there's no clearance at the Avon (Indianapolis) store. I checked tonight. I did notice Karaoke Revolution Party for Xbox is marked down to $20 now though or $15 with GGC. The bundle is $30 or $25 with GGC. That should be a universal markdown though and has probably been reported elsewhere.

[quote name='diablofreak']UPDATE 8/22 Evening

This may be related anyway, maybe they see too many copies of these games lying around, and tried to get rid of them via the Blowout sale table before taking inventory?[/quote]

I've never heard of a Best Buy closing early like that. They do inventory after hours if they need to. Sounds very strange. Add in the clearance table and maybe your store is going out of business or something.

[quote name='Rictor']I've never heard of a Best Buy closing early like that. They do inventory after hours if they need to. Sounds very strange. Add in the clearance table and maybe your store is going out of business or something.[/quote]

well im not sure what it is with them, i didn't ask them, i saw two other persons approaching the store and were turned away as i parked my car, so i didn't bother. the entrance side, they already have a gate down, only the exit was blocked by the smoking employees

maybe power outage? but theres lights insides and i find that hard to believe as it's cooled down for the past few weeks.

[quote name='SilverGriever']Yup, signage has been up for at least a month. I got me a Wireless 360 controller for 15% off, just for spanking the clerk so hard at Guitar Hero. He knew how to play too so it wasn't a wash.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, TRU in timesquare one time, they wheeled up a Guitar hero with two guitars and one of the clerks said they'd give a 15 dollar gift certificate to anyone who beat one of their guys. I don't know if they were just joking though (but hearing a similar account makes me wonder if they werent), I came close to beating him , I only missed by like 11 notes.

I think this can safely be moved to the dead/non-existent deals...or regional, since it only seems to exist at one store in the country.

Looks like this is really just at the store in Norwalkl. I went to a BB in Danbury CT and GUN (XB) and Da Vinci (PS2) were both going for $19.99.

Unfortunately no sale prices here.

Actually, there were similiar clearances at the Orange and Meriden stores about a month ago, but they are long gone now. Orange actually had a few copies of Batallion Wars for $10. I was at Newington yesterday and didn't see anything. Trumbull has a rack of games with a prety lame deal of buy one at full price, get one at half price on select games, which weren't that great to begin with

Leftovers:

:gc: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $6
:xbox: Gun $6
:ps2: Sly 2 (GH) $6
:xbox: :ps2: DaVinci Code $6 very few ps2 copies left

UPDATE 8/23 Evening

They still have the table, although all Battalion Wars are now gone. I cannot locate them. They have a LOT of FF:CC and GUN left. I can still do this for CAGs, but UNLESS I PM'ed you back recently, I did not get anything for you because I assume that most people wanted to "tack stuff on" with Battalion Wars. So, if you still want the games left on this updated list, PM me.

It was no go at Northlake in Atlanta on Monday. I did grab Unreal Championship 2 for $4.99. They apparently got a new shipment.

Another update on Leftovers:

:gc: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $6 tons left!
:xbox: Gun $6 tons left
:ps2: Sly 2 (GH) $6 a few left
:xbox: :ps2: DaVinci Code $6 very few ps2 copies left, xbox gone

Additions:
XBOX NFL EA Wireless Controllers 10

UPDATE 8/24 Evening

They still have the table, and its tidied up a little bit.
Only a few games left, see above. One new addition is the XBOX NFL Wireless Controller from EA or something for 10 bucks, I didn't bother to check for quality as I was going in to grab Gun and True Crime for a few people who's still wants me to grab these games.

I'm beginning to think that this Norwalk BB will have these sales a lot, since it does look like they do update this particular table (yeah only a controller, but they do have a new "blowout sale" sheet posted on the table that now no longer lists the OOS games such as BW or Call Of Duty 2. I may just have to check this store out every once in a while! :D

And the cashier recognized me already, "you again?" the african american lady was nice, but she's pissed that she always need the manager to override the prices since they all scan at 29.99 or 19.99 or whatnot.

now that I think about it, I should've loaded an XBOX 360 COD2 in there and told her that it's part of the sale when I was there yesterday... :twisted:the list does not specify which system.

I'm not going to go back to work until Monday, by then I'm sure the table will be gone (or hopefully newer games cleared out on my new favorite table), so don't bother PM'ing me to get games until I have another update here next week. Thanks and cheers all.\\:D/

One of the Best Buys in Memphis, I found Gun for the 360 for $7.99, Eye Toy Play 2? for 14.99, Mega Man X Collection $3.99. Was pretty happy about it.

They also had the white Logitech wireless XBox controllers for I think $24.99, PDZ $14.99, random older DS games. I think I missed a pretty good sale earlier. :)

And to think I was just in that store a few days ago. Ughh...I really wanted a couple games on that list. Oh well.

picked up the last true crime yesterday. they only had 1 sly 2 and about 10 of the final fantasy and gun left as of yesterday afternoon.

UPDATE 8/28 Evening

If Richard 18 did pick up the last True Crime 2 days ago and didn't see anthing else, it is safe to say that they have these new batches every Monday (or at least when they have too much stock of these games every week)

They have updated this table with a new batch of games, this time it's not as exciting as last week but still one or two good ones to be had, personally I didn't pick up anything yet... they have all these on a table, games are either marked $9.99 or $4.99 but the remaining games from last week are not updated. and they do not have the new BLOWOUT SALES sheet printed at the register or the table yet (the register is still posting last week's paper)

Leftovers from previous week:
:ps2: Sly 2 $5 or $6
:gc: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $5 or $6
:xbox: Gun $5 or $6

New Additions:
:ps2: 007 Nightfire GH $10
:ps2: Harry Potter GH $10
:ps2: Driv3r GH $10
:ps2: Killzone GH $10
:ps2: Mortal Kombat Deception GH $10
:ps2: Bad Boys Miami Takedown $5
:ps2: Choro Q $5 (is this a good game? I almost bought it)
:ps2: Pro Bass Challenge $5
:xbox: Unreal Championship 2 $5

That is all.
I'l be frequenting this BB for sure...

[quote name='diablofreak']is there a way to update the title? i want the thread title to say Updated 8/28 with new games...[/quote] just go back to the first page and click edit at the bottom of your first post. you should be able to change the title that way.

[quote name='Richard18']just go back to the first page and click edit at the bottom of your first post. you should be able to change the title that way.[/quote]

i got it. i had to "go advanced" and its kinda slow for me. maybe its my connection

anyway, i also saw NFL HeadCoach (PC) in the PC section for $19.99, i think it should go for $39.99 correct? they have stickers saying 39.99 but the shelf tag says 19.99

im not a football fan or footbal gamer so i dont know what should be the price for this game, but i was under the impression that this game is pretty new?

bread's done
Back