Best Buy online: Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition (PS3 only) - $19.50

It was posted in a big thread of unadvertised BB deals... idk if enough people want it it deserves its own thread but idk its been on sale several times...

i've been on cag nonstop and i somehow missed this, even though i've read every best buy thread. i think it warrants it's own thread considering most of the black friday deals (dirt 3, battlefield 3, etc.) are dead now. or maybe this can be combined w/ the saints row thread.

i'll have to pass on this deal b/c i'm on skyrim and battlefield but thanks for the heads up.

just find a cheap Dragon Age.
Get DA: Ultimate edition from gamestop and install disc, return within 7 days.

and there u go

[quote name='akuma77']just find a cheap Dragon Age.

and there u go[/QUOTE]

That's illegal so it's not exactly a legitimate alternative.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']It was posted in a big thread of unadvertised BB deals... idk if enough people want it it deserves its own thread but idk its been on sale several times...[/QUOTE]

DO IT! I'll be watching as the cops come knocking at your door to arrest you and take all your video games as evidence.

[quote name='akuma77']just find a cheap Dragon Age.

and there u go[/QUOTE]

DO IT! I'll be watching as the cops come knocking at your door to arrest you and take all your video games as evidence.

[quote name='illennium']That's illegal so it's not exactly a legitimate alternative.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause:
If it was Illegal, it would be illegal to sell it used from the start. It means two people have installled it at minimum.
That's taking content from the developer without paying, but isn't that what gamestop does when they sell used games? :cool:

[quote name='akuma77']:applause::applause::applause::applause:
If it was Illegal, it would be illegal to sell it used from the start. It means two people have installled it at minimum.
That's taking content from the developer without paying, but isn't that what gamestop does when they sell used games? :cool:[/QUOTE]
so two wrongs make a right now?

[quote name='shosh']so two wrongs make a right now?[/QUOTE]

the point is neither one is wrong since it's Legal.

[quote name='akuma77']:applause::applause::applause::applause:
That's taking content from the developer without paying, but isn't that what gamestop does when they sell used games? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I want to be clear that I don't judge people or tell them what to do. It's really not my place.

But purely for informational purposes, what you are saying is not correct. I do copyright law for a living and have done so for 6 years. When you sell a game you must erase any digital copies that you have installed. I know almost no one does this, but I'm talking about the law and not the practice.

Gamestop and other used vendors are permitted to sell used games by the first sale doctrine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_sale This is not the same thing as what you're talking about. A game can be sold and resold without being installed. And of course most games cannot be played without the disc for verification. But the ones that can, like I said above, you as the consumer are technically supposed to delete from your hard drive before you resell. Again, this is not enforced (how could it be, really?) but that's the law. Not judging, just providing information.

[quote name='illennium']I want to be clear that I don't judge people or tell them what to do. It's really not my place.

But purely for informational purposes, what you are saying is not correct. I do copyright law for a living and have done so for 6 years. When you sell a game you must erase any digital copies that you have installed. I know almost no one does this, but I'm talking about the law and not the practice.

Gamestop and other used vendors are permitted to sell used games by the first sale doctrine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_sale This is not the same thing as what you're talking about. A game can be sold and resold without being installed. And of course most games cannot be played without the disc for verification. But the ones that can, like I said above, you as the consumer are technically supposed to delete from your hard drive before you resell. Again, this is not enforced (how could it be, really?) but that's the law. Not judging, just providing information.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='illennium']I want to be clear that I don't judge people or tell them what to do. It's really not my place.

Gamestop and other used vendors are permitted to sell used games by the first sale doctrine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_sale This is not the same thing as what you're talking about. A game can be sold and resold without being installed. And of course most games cannot be played without the disc for verification. But the ones that can, like I said above, you as the consumer are technically supposed to delete from your hard drive before you resell. Again, this is not enforced (how could it be, really?) but that's the law. Not judging, just providing information.[/QUOTE]

Normally I laugh and say that we have so many interwebz lawyerz, but you sir I believe.

Oh and for those who haven't played this game yet. This game is amazing and well worth the $20 as you will be easily getting 70-100 hours out of the game.

[quote name='Mike360']DO IT! I'll be watching as the cops come knocking at your door to arrest you and take all your video games as evidence.[/QUOTE]

What a fucking child.

[quote name='akuma77']the point is neither one is wrong since it's Legal.[/QUOTE]

Just because something is legal does not make it ethical

Dear shady douche, you got lawyered!

bread's done
Back