best buy online only sale feb 19 &20

Just pre-ordered inFamous 2 for 15% off with 800 RZ points.

EDIT: Forgot about Uncharted 3 and Batman, just went back and did the same deal for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you still get the Reward Zone points if the game is discounted? I remember I never got my points for Fallout New Vegas.

[quote name='Mr.']Are you sure you still get the Reward Zone points if the game is discounted? I remember I never got my points for Fallout New Vegas.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, BB is notorious for "forgetting" to add the bonus points onto your account. I pretty much always have to email customer support to make sure I get them. The good thing is that their customer support is generally pretty good about it.

[quote name='ass-assassin']From my experience, BB is notorious for "forgetting" to add the bonus points onto your account. I pretty much always have to email customer support to make sure I get them. The good thing is that their customer support is generally pretty good about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've only ever once had them actually do it themselves, every other time I had to email them to add the points.

[quote name='Faytz']Great time to pick up pokemon white or pokemon black.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to order anything but you reminded me that I should get Pokemon Black & White so thanks.

I just canceled my order from Amazon.

I also just pre-ordered Mass Effect 3. I didn't get the Collector's Editions for the first two so I will keep getting the standard editions.

15% off is great, 800 reward points makes it even better. I pre-ordered Uncharted 3, LA Noire, Infamous 2, Pokemon White, Mass Effect 3, Batman 2, Resistance 3, MGS Rising, Playstation Move Heroes. The last 3 didn't have any reward bonus but still, $51 is a great price.

[quote name='JaredFrost']Yeah, I've only ever once had them actually do it themselves, every other time I had to email them to add the points.[/QUOTE]

Are you guys talking about the entire purchase not being added or just the bonus points? I've noticed online purchases don't always seem to appear on my RZ account so I just manually add them by entering the "contract ID" from the receipt. Not sure if this would help with missing bonus points, I haven't gotten many of those but I think with the ones I have, they went through without trouble. One time I bought a blu-ray in-store that had 800 points, I returned it for a refund and to my surprise 35 days later got a $10 reward!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Are you guys talking about the entire purchase not being added or just the bonus points? I've noticed online purchases don't always seem to appear on my RZ account so I just manually add them by entering the "contract ID" from the receipt. Not sure if this would help with missing bonus points, I haven't gotten many of those but I think with the ones I have, they went through without trouble. One time I bought a blu-ray in-store that had 800 points, I returned it for a refund and to my surprise 35 days later got a $10 reward![/QUOTE]

I think the problem is with the bonus points. I didn't get mine for MVC3 and entering in the contract ID did nothing so I've sent an email for it.

Long time lurker but first time I'm posting.

Because of this thread I realized that I could get the discount on pre-orders so today I ordered Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 all for 15 % off.

Thanks guys.

Do you have a link for this deal? I've tried to find it on the Best Buy website, but I can't see it anywhere. Thanks.

i was going for Duke Nukem Forever i'm psyched for the game but.. something hit me saying .. don't don't get it the day of release ! may get Sly Cooper Collection instead.

Just grabbed DA 2, hope I actually get the RZ points, still haven't gotten the points from Dead Space 2. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Also ordered Mass Effect 3, thanks again OP.

i still can't decide if I should pick up MvsC3...I'm trying to fight the urge. My biggest fear is i'll pick it up now only for them to release a "Super" version of the game in 6 months

We still don't have another edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, other than the International version released in Japan. They should be working on Street Fighter X Tekken right now.

Remember folks, you need to wait 35ish days for the rewards to appear on your account, hence why some of you haven't received points for games that have come out in January (Dead Space 2, for instance). They always seem on the ball with my points, anyways.

Great sale, though. Preordered inFAMOUS 2, Brink, Duke Nukem, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Homefront and Crysis 2. Should be set for the year, almost! I really hope Homefront is a stellar game, if not then I'll just power-trade it at EB for something.

well put some pre-orders in for Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3 and Batman: AC...I may cancel and get the Limited Editions of them if they're worthwhile but for now these prices are too good to pass up

if only they already had ES5: Skyrim on their site...

The only game I'm torn between whether to pre-order or not is Homefront. It looks cool, but I don't know if it'll live up to its promise. I think I'll put in the pre-order now and then keep an eye out for reasons to cancel it as the release gets closer...

Just wondering, is it safe to use gift card when you are shopping on the bestbuy site? Right now I have an order in and I know my gift card has around 5 dollars left, someone was saying (on redflagdeals) they will cancel your order if your gift card doesn't have enough to cover the transaction... isn't that why we give them our credit cards? I want to use up the money on the gift card and put the rest on my credit card, it'll be really stupid if they cancel my pokemon black preorder...

Hey what the heck, I'm trying to order Homefront PS3 and every time I get past Verified by Visa it goes to an error message where red text says

The following errors occurred: One or more of the promotions for which you previously qualified is no longer valid for this order due to removal of an item. Please review your order below.

And then below that there are no items in the order although the order total on the right side of the screen is still $50.99 + tax. WTF

Update, I signed out and back in, repeated the process and it went through. Man, their site does suck.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Hey what the heck, I'm trying to order Homefront PS3 and every time I get past Verified by Visa it goes to an error message where red text says

And then below that there are no items in the order although the order total on the right side of the screen is still $50.99 + tax. WTF

Update, I signed out and back in, repeated the process and it went through. Man, their site does suck.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happen to me, preordering infamous 2, just have to sign out and sign in again... their site is so unstable...

Well, now I got 10 games ordered through this sale, a bit of a pain but the savings is well worth it. Can't think of any upcoming games I wasn't able to pre-order except some 3DS games which weren't included in the sale or weren't yet listed on BB.ca. Some pretty great deals overall!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Are you guys talking about the entire purchase not being added or just the bonus points? I've noticed online purchases don't always seem to appear on my RZ account so I just manually add them by entering the "contract ID" from the receipt. Not sure if this would help with missing bonus points, I haven't gotten many of those but I think with the ones I have, they went through without trouble. One time I bought a blu-ray in-store that had 800 points, I returned it for a refund and to my surprise 35 days later got a $10 reward![/QUOTE]

Have you encounter where you pre-order game that has 800 points, but they don't appear so add the contact id and you get only 400 points.

Never saw that before, I suppose if that happened I would do what some of you guys have said and call them on the phone. I once called several years ago about some missing points and the customer service was very helpful.

[quote name='Mr.']We still don't have another edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, other than the International version released in Japan. They should be working on Street Fighter X Tekken right now.[/QUOTE]

That is also a Wii only game and all the others are 360 and PS3 only which has a much bigger online market. I think with all the DLC they have planned that by Christmas they will release a Gold edition of MvC 3.

I'm talking the entire purchase doesn't show up.

Man I went to order a last minute game around 6am and it was telling me after Verified by Visa to use a different credit card cause there was some error, tried a few more times and it went through. I doubt their site was overloaded at that hour, they need to sort that crap out. Or maybe it's Verified by Visa's problem, half the problems occur after that. Anyway I got everything I wanted so it's cool.

[quote name='Faytz']Just wondering, is it safe to use gift card when you are shopping on the bestbuy site? Right now I have an order in and I know my gift card has around 5 dollars left, someone was saying (on redflagdeals) they will cancel your order if your gift card doesn't have enough to cover the transaction... isn't that why we give them our credit cards? I want to use up the money on the gift card and put the rest on my credit card, it'll be really stupid if they cancel my pokemon black preorder...[/QUOTE]

I can tell you from experience that they will NOT cancel your order. Like you said, they will take the $5 from your gift card and charge the rest to your credit card.

[quote name='JaredFrost']I'm talking the entire purchase doesn't show up.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's just me but I don't think I've ever had any online purchases show up. The last thing I ordered was Dead Space 2 and again nothing showed up. I contacted their customer service and they manually added the 800 bonus points. After that I added the contact ID to my account and the other 59 points showed up. Anyone else have this experience/problem?

[quote name='NEWTS2012']I can tell you from experience that they will NOT cancel your order. Like you said, they will take the $5 from your gift card and charge the rest to your credit card.

I don't know if it's just me but I don't think I've ever had any online purchases show up. The last thing I ordered was Dead Space 2 and again nothing showed up. I contacted their customer service and they manually added the 800 bonus points. After that I added the contact ID to my account and the other 59 points showed up. Anyone else have this experience/problem?[/QUOTE]

I am also seeing arguments about purchases with gift card not eligible for the 800 bonus points, while others are saying you just won't get the amount you spent on the gift card (so whatever you paid, you get in points, whatever was paid by gift card, don't count)... and there seems to be a lot of confusion.. I made a backup order and I might just cancel the order I made with the gift card...

*update just got a email from best buy reward zone sounds like it gets better for those that pre-ordered killzone 3 they are giving a bonus 400 reward zone points (bringing it to 1200 points) if you pre-order or just the bonus 400 without pre-order as long as you pay before mach 6/2011

[quote name='seed84']*update just got a email from best buy reward zone sounds like it gets better for those that pre-ordered killzone 3 they are giving a bonus 400 reward zone points (bringing it to 1200 points) if you pre-order or just the bonus 400 without pre-order as long as you pay before mach 6/2011[/QUOTE]

I just got the e-mail as well... I ordered it back in november during their last sale so I am really happy about the $15 coupons. Also if anyone is looking for a deal Killzone 3 is $49.99 at zellers this week... you can price match it at best buy and get 400 reward zone points along with it.

I placed a few online orders, but Uncharted 3, RAGE and InFamous 2 were "Unable to Process" :/ At least Pokemon White, LA Noire and SSFIV3D went through.

They went through just fine when the sale was going on, but when they send those confirmation emails, that was the problem. I have to call them about it.

bread's done
Back