BEST BUY Paper Mario 2 Thousand Year Door $19.99 (used to be $9.99)

I'm sorry but I think I'm missing a key aspect of this thread. Didn't this game come out a while ago? Like maybe 2 years ago? If you look at Gamefaqs.com they already have the info there for it, faqs and all. And for those of you who think it's a new one for the GC, I believe the '2' is in reference to the fact that there was a Paper Mario 1 on the N64.

My whole point is this (and I'm not trying to be rude). Why in the world is Best Buy posting this as if it was a new game yet to be released? I mean, the whole pre-ordering and stuff--what's up with that? I could go to my local CC or Walmart and get it right now (though it wouldn't be at that great of a price). Like I said, I may be missing some key aspect and if I am, could someone explain it to me?

Presumably the "pre-order" refers to the Player's Choice version, since there are a few other games showing up similarly. The price is just defaulted to the last price they had it in the system.

[quote name='shajek']Price matched at CC today. Got it for $8.50ish including tax. They gave me the 110% deal.[/quote]Did you PM it through ad or website?

[quote name='daewezzy']Did you PM it through ad or website?[/QUOTE]

Brought in a printout of the BB website page. Took it to the cashier and asked if they could PM it. She called the nearest BB and asked if they had it in stock AND at $9.99. It took a bit of time, but she then thanked the person on the phone and rang me up for the PM. Whoo hoo!!!

Just check BB page and Paper Mario is no longer listed! Sucks becuse I want that game. Could someone that printed out the page scan it and post it here?

got email this morning says "There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item. The new release date is 10/11/2004. Your order details are listed below.
1 Paper Mario 2-Nintendo GameCube Status: In Process

Website Updated with "Add To Cart" and "In-Store" pick-up option. I will be attempting a PM at CC this afternoon:) Thanks OP!

[quote name='neudog']Website Updated with "Add To Cart" and "In-Store" pick-up option. I will be attempting a PM at CC this afternoon:) Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

every store around here will call the store before doing a PM Crap

[quote name='slidecage']every store around here will call the store before doing a PM Crap[/QUOTE]

This worries me to seeing as how it happen last time I tried to PM Rise of the Kasai. However, my first attempt with PM RotK was very successful and the girl didn't even call BB. I asked her if they PM online prices and she asked specifically what I was wanting to PM. I showed her the printout, she ran it to her boss and voola RotK for a little over $3. So though the policy is calling the actual store there is always a bit of luck involved with price matching.

[quote name='slidecage']its now PULLED off the page so expect all orders to get cancelled[/QUOTE]

Thanks flipper. Let us know how many people you tricked and how much you made from it.

[quote name='beguile']Thanks flipper. Let us know how many people you tricked and how much you made from it.[/QUOTE]

know for a fact yoUr not talking to me. cause I only ordered one and its on backorder... maybe get your facts right before calling names

[quote name='lossleader']got email this morning says "There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item. The new release date is 10/11/2004. Your order details are listed below.
1 Paper Mario 2-Nintendo GameCube Status: In Process[/QUOTE]

Same here. Release moved backwards from 10/13/2004 to 10/11/2004. So I should have gotten it already 2 more days ago. At this rate, I'll have beaten it before I even get it.

[quote name='phoenix6666']I'm sorry but I think I'm missing a key aspect of this thread. Didn't this game come out a while ago? Like maybe 2 years ago? If you look at Gamefaqs.com they already have the info there for it, faqs and all. And for those of you who think it's a new one for the GC, I believe the '2' is in reference to the fact that there was a Paper Mario 1 on the N64.

My whole point is this (and I'm not trying to be rude). Why in the world is Best Buy posting this as if it was a new game yet to be released? I mean, the whole pre-ordering and stuff--what's up with that? I could go to my local CC or Walmart and get it right now (though it wouldn't be at that great of a price). Like I said, I may be missing some key aspect and if I am, could someone explain it to me?[/QUOTE]

All you seem to be missing is that Best Buy is a company trying to make money.....if they can get people to bite on it listing it as a new game they will. fuck them.

Walmart PMs online prices right? Well, I'll just stop by in a few hours, and try it. I mean, the main page says, "Add to cart." So, I'm sure the employees will just assume it's in stock.

Now I just got another update saying the release date has been moved up to 10/06/2004. I think they're just playing with us now. :)

Luckily I still had the page I printed out from saturday. Even though it said "pre-order' I was still able to pm it at CC. The lady didn't even bother to call Best Buy because she was so backed up with other customers. Since she just typed in the price I paid $10.59 in cash but I'm not complaining about the 10%. Thanks for the awesome deal OP, been waiting forever for this to drop. :lol:

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']Not there any more................can someone past a pic of their order for us to do a price match?[/QUOTE]
Yes it is, I just ordered one.

Excellent price for this game. Picked up a copy today. Should arrive in 1-2 two weeks since it is back-ordered. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Psyc']So, I want to buy this B&M but none of the BBs seem to have this around here. So, can I still go to CC and PM?[/QUOTE]
How would we know? Ask your CC. Some stores/clerks will call and check that it's in stock, some will not.

[quote name='Psyc']So, I want to buy this B&M but none of the BBs seem to have this around here. So, can I still go to CC and PM?[/quote]

My CC didn't even bother calling Best Buy so it's worth a shot :)

I can't decide if I want to get this or not...sure its only $9.99, but my Gamecube is busy holding up my clock and I dont know if I could find a replacement for it :p

[quote name='whoknows']I can't decide if I want to get this or not...sure its only $9.99, but my Gamecube is busy holding up my clock and I dont know if I could find a replacement for it :p[/quote]

lmfao

still backordered but now showing up at $19.99. luckily i got one yesterday for $12.79 shipped. hopefully it doesnt take forever to get here.

yeah, the deal isn't showing up anymore, any fellow CAG'ers that could post a receipt or anything for the rest of us to PM? Thanks!

Gah, I tried price matching at Wal-Mart and they were a little weary. They wanted to call Best Buy first but it was closed.

My Wal-Mart said they wouldn't match so I scratched it -- I don't mind paying $15 when it's a PC ... that is ... if I really want it, which is debatable.

bread's done
Back