BEST BUY Paper Mario 2 Thousand Year Door $19.99 (used to be $9.99)

Item still shows up as backordered on the site, which is funny since starfox and pikmin are back in stock, but now my order status page has changed from backordered to:

1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days.

Might come through after all. Otherwise 14.99 at CC isn't bad.

Maybe all the 9.99 orders outnumbered their initial PC allotment, but they are actually fulfilling them, hence still backordered online, but early orders are shipping and some stores are receiving new stock?

yeah mine is backordered too, oh well at leat dell finally shipped by PSP that was on backorder. should be getting it in a couple days

Mine shipped today also.

Not that it matters now but here is the email I got back from my inquiry earlier today:

I am Karen with Best Buy Customer Care.

When an item you purchased on BestBuy.com becomes backordered, we work
diligently to get that product back in stock and shipped to the address
you provided as soon as possible. Because product availability varies
from manufacturer to manufacturer, we are unable to determine exactly
when your backordered item will become available. A backorder will
remain active until either it comes back in stock and is shipped, or the
unfulfilled backorder reaches 30 days. At that time, we will contact
you by e-mail and offer you an opportunity to extend your backorder
longer or have your order canceled. In all cases, we do not charge your
credit card until the item ships.

Once a backordered item is back in stock and available to ship, we ship
the item via the shipping method chosen at the time of checkout and
charge your credit card with the product cost and shipping charges.

Store pick-up can be a convenient way to get the items you want quickly,
and you won?t be charged shipping and handling fees. Please call us at
1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289) and we will check to see if we can change
your order to store pick-up.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look
forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Sincerely,
Karen
Best Buy Customer Care Team

I didnt expect to get this but now its shipped.

I think Best Buy tried to bluff me into cancelling with all the Backorder emails they sent. Didnt work:D

i don't think i've ever received so many emails regarding a single order; But today's said 'your shipment is on it's way.'

[quote name='BowserClownCar']I emailed customer service today about my order. I'll post a reply when I get one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BowserClownCar']Not that it matters now but here is the email I got back from my inquiry earlier today:[/QUOTE]

I nominate you for the "Man of his Word" Award. :)

Mine shipped as well. Now the waiting game begins. I hate this UPS/USPS system they have in place. UPS gets the package to the post office in my town really quick, but then it takes the post office another 2 weeks to bring it to my house. But for this price, I think I can wait a little longer. ;)

schnuth

[quote name='schnuth']Mine shipped as well. Now the waiting game begins. I hate this UPS/USPS system they have in place. UPS gets the package to the post office in my town really quick, but then it takes the post office another 2 weeks to bring it to my house. But for this price, I think I can wait a little longer. ;)

schnuth[/quote]

I agree, it's a terrible shipping method. I had problems with "SmartPost" which is FedEx's version of that. My girl ordered a DVD for me as a Valentine's Day gift. It didn't show... it didn't show... finally we called about it and it had "never arrived" at the post office, even though the tracking info said it was there. After a re-order, I ended up getting my present two and a half weeks late!

Boooooo on this evil shipping method!

Hmmm, I posted that before I checked up on my order. It's not coming up on either USPS or UPS tracking systems...

Has anyone checked their tracking number and have it work ok?

[quote name='grifta67']Hmmm, I posted that before I checked up on my order. It's not coming up on either USPS or UPS tracking systems...

Has anyone checked their tracking number and have it work ok?[/QUOTE]
No, but the USPS site is extremely slow about updates. It's really only useful for confirming delivery after the fact, not tracking. In this case UPS has to deliver the package to your local post office before it even gets into the USPS system, and at that point, it will be delivered to your house that day anyway.

My shipment from Best Buy for my Wonderful $9.99 copy of Paper Mario 2 has shpped yesterday, they shipped it ground. Finally after 2 1/2 weeks they shipped it :) YEAH!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with major problems with this UPS/USPS method... (in general, not just this order) Is UPS and USPS (alone) really THAT expensive? Even media mail is faster. How much exactly does this save?

Whoever came up with the idea is a total bean counter cause it can't save them THAT much money, and having piles and piles of boxes that apparently sit at your local post office for 2 weeks before they bother to deliver them can't be an efficient use of storage space.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm glad I'm not the only one with major problems with this UPS/USPS method... (in general, not just this order) Is UPS and USPS (alone) really THAT expensive? Even media mail is faster. How much exactly does this save?

Whoever came up with the idea is a total bean counter cause it can't save them THAT much money, and having piles and piles of boxes that apparently sit at your local post office for 2 weeks before they bother to deliver them can't be an efficient use of storage space.[/QUOTE]

I had something from overstock sit at my local USPS for nearly 2 weeks. I was really starting to believe it got lost

[quote name='jlarlee']I had something from overstock sit at my local USPS for nearly 2 weeks. I was really starting to believe it got lost[/quote]
Same thing happened to me. I won't order from Overstock anymore, and depending on how long my BB.com order takes.... I might not order from them again either. This shipping method is fucking horrible.

[quote name='rly723']mine shipped too, BB has p[retty slow shipping. so expect 1 1/2 weeks at least[/QUOTE]
Doesn't seem slow to ship, just to update. Tracking information is showing up for mine now, and I expect it tomorrow.

I got mine today. There's a Best Seller tag on the front, but it's not a player's choice package. Must have got one from the remaining stock.

I got mine in the mail today too. I'm not sure if I'll keep it though. I already played it when EB had it for $20, and mostly just bought it as trading fodder. But that's a little less appealing now that it's player's choice. Still $12 was a great price on it, so if I do choose to sell/trade it I won't be losing anything.

bread's done
Back