Best Buy - PlayStation Move Racing Wheel - $26.99 - IN STORE ONLY

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hmm... do I really need this? More importantly... will I ever use it?

Thanks for the alert.[/QUOTE]

Asked myself the same thing. I just will never use it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I read online that this supports any racing game on the PS3...is that true?[/QUOTE]
Actually, it supports every single game on the PS3 that uses the left analog stick, but it is of course better suited for racing games. From my testing, it works better with games like Shift 2 that have more sensitive racing controls than a Split/Second that is less technical about its controls. There are games like LBP Karting, NFS Most Wanted, GT5, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and Burnout Paradise that support it natively, so it works better in those games than the average racing game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Actually, it supports every single game on the PS3 that uses the left analog stick, but it is of course better suited for racing games. From my testing, it works better with games like Shift 2 that have more sensitive racing controls than a Split/Second that is less technical about its controls. There are games like LBP Karting, NFS Most Wanted, GT5, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and Burnout Paradise that support it natively, so it works better in those games than the average racing game.[/QUOTE]

As someone who has every game you listed there, and a few more racing games on the PS3...is this worth $30...I am leaning more toward $15 to be honest.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']As someone who has every game you listed there, and a few more racing games on the PS3...is this worth $30...I am leaning more toward $15 to be honest.[/QUOTE]

For whatever reason, there were seemingly very few of these made. I rarely find them in stores and they've not been available at Amazon pretty much since they've launched. I grabbed one of these on Sunday (as it was listed in the Clearance items on their website) but haven't tried it out yet. I just wouldn't expect it to drop to $15 as there aren't many of them even available in stores.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']As someone who has every game you listed there, and a few more racing games on the PS3...is this worth $30...I am leaning more toward $15 to be honest.[/QUOTE]
If it's as rare as people are saying here, it would probably be a good idea to grab it now rather than wait if you're interested in trying these sorts of games with a unique controller.

But does it control well? Like do you feel it adds to the experience? Or does it feel novel for a little bit then you toss it aside for standard controller.

I said it earlier that it works well for games that feature finer controls that would work well with the increased precision that using a Move controller provides. It didn't work well with a game like Split/Second, but it did for a game like Shift 2 as far as racing games that don't natively support it. The few games that do offer specific support for it work really well.

It'll depend on your own tastes as to whether you'd stick with it as your main method of playing racing games, as I'm the kind of player that prefers to focus more on the weirder/more unique control schemes when they're offered and done well. I play games like MLB 13: The Show, Infamous, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and others with Move since they have great controls because of it.

My advice would be to buy it at Best Buy if you're interested. A Google Shopping search of the Playstation Move Racing Wheel yields almost no results. If you find one at Best Buy, pick it up. If you don't like it, you can return it for at least 15 days. If you wait, you'll probably never see one again. I don't know why they made so few of these (there are millions of unsold Move Sharpshooter peripherals). but I think Sony gave up on this one way too early. They didn't even send out copies for reviews, apparently.

I ordered one for store pick-up at a store near me. It being so hard to find and my birthday coming up in April was able to convince a family member to order it for me.

In the end CAG won out...and my wallet lost. That needs to be my new catch phrase.

Never even heard of this before this thread. Just got back home from picking one up at the only bestbuy in miles that even has one. Turns out they had about 5 more on the floor marked at $39.99. Didn't bother checking what it would ring up for. But that store is notorious for not marking down items that other stores do. This seems like the type of thing that will either disappear or bestbuy will find some abandoned warehouse full of these and liquidate them for $10 at some point. For anyone interested, Target has the xbox wheel on clearance for $12. Kind of makes this seem expensive, but the bike grip accelerator seems interesting. Wonder if this will work well for flight sims.

Lol. People are asking where to get this in the YouTube comments of the developer's vid. Thought it'd be easier to find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mtQrcACS0

bread's done
Back