Best Buy Pre-order Bonuses

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I thought I'd create this, in the same vein as the GameStop pre-order bonuses thread.

Best Buy pre-orders usually come in the form of a game case, stating that it's a pre-order for the game. It rings up as $5 ($10 for some games), and usually doesn't contain anything, and you just buy it to reserve your copy of the game. After the game comes out, you can use subtract the price of the pre-order from the game when you buy it. Or, if you don't want the game, you can just get the money you payed for it back. So, these pre-orders are functionally free in the long run.

A number of games, come with special pre-order bonuses inside of the cases. This thread is to catalogue all those freebie bonuses that you can get with game pre-orders.

There'll be a list of them going in the second post.

[quote name='ndnichols']Has anyone had luck with the Red Faction Guerilla preorder? I see this post but it seems pretty shakey.[/QUOTE]
There are preorder boxes for the game in stores around me. Oddly enough - and I don't remember Best Buy ever doing something like that - they say that the walker figure will be shipped to the RZ member. I don't remember if it specifies exactly when that would happen: automatically after preordering, at some same fixed date for everybody, or when you actually pay up and buy the game.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1_250

Rumors of intense graphics and incredible multiplayer options are creating quite a buzz for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, scheduled to hit the streets on November 10, 2009.

If you pre-order this must-have shooter any time between May 10 and May 31, 2009, in any of the formats below, you’ll earn a whopping 250 Reward Zone® program Gamers Club bonus points.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(PC)

(PS3)

(Xbox 360)
Earn your bonus points with this great pre-order offer today.
Limit 3 of the same title per offer. Not good in combination with any other promotions. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional Gift Card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges; delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo, and open-box items. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. (excludes Puerto Rico). Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Offer valid 5/10/09 through 5/31/09

[quote name='ndnichols']Has anyone had luck with the Red Faction Guerilla preorder? I see this post but it seems pretty shakey.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, Best Buy has forums? Wow.

[quote name='splintercell']There are preorder boxes for the game in stores around me. Oddly enough - and I don't remember Best Buy ever doing something like that - they say that the walker figure will be shipped to the RZ member. I don't remember if it specifies exactly when that would happen: automatically after preordering, at some same fixed date for everybody, or when you actually pay up and buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if you can receive a pre-order bonus like the figure for Red Faction and still price match? I hate how Best Buy usually takes the stance that the bonus for pre-ordering is the "equivalent" of saving $5-10 off the game. I think that's BS, as a pre-order simply guarantees the store that you will purchase it there, not that you will pay full price. Anyone know if this is specified in Best Buy store policy or if it can be successfully argued to get both. I just know Frys will have a lower price, but I wouldn't mind getting the figure as well.

[quote name='joker______']https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1_250

Rumors of intense graphics and incredible multiplayer options are creating quite a buzz for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, scheduled to hit the streets on November 10, 2009.

If you pre-order this must-have shooter any time between May 10 and May 31, 2009, in any of the formats below, you’ll earn a whopping 250 Reward Zone® program Gamers Club bonus points.

(PC)

(PS3)

(Xbox 360)
Limit 3 of the same title per offer. Not good in combination with any other promotions. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional Gift Card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges; delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo, and open-box items. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. (excludes Puerto Rico). Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Offer valid 5/10/09 through 5/31/09[/QUOTE]

I am in for 3

WHAT THE HELL?

The Bonus Vintage Sports car code when you preorder The Sims 3 CE is ALREADY EXPIRED???

RIP OFF!!!

I am returning the pre-order to Best Buy for a $5 refund!!!

[quote name='rainking187']Holy shit, Best Buy has forums? Wow.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, who knew, right? TGFG.

For anyone else considering the RF:G preorder, be aware that some stores don't have them, and you need to pickup the preorder in the same store you ordered it. A store in Lafayette, IN had the preorder boxes in stock (you need to give them your GameZone Reward thing to get the figure mailed to you) but a store in Evanston, IL did not. The guy checked in the back and said they had just never gotten any in.

[quote name='ndnichols']Yeah, who knew, right? TGFG.

For anyone else considering the RF:G preorder, be aware that some stores don't have them, and you need to pickup the preorder in the same store you ordered it. A store in Lafayette, IN had the preorder boxes in stock (you need to give them your GameZone Reward thing to get the figure mailed to you) but a store in Evanston, IL did not. The guy checked in the back and said they had just never gotten any in.[/QUOTE]

Is there some sort of confirmation that you'll be receiving a figure? I didn't notice anything on my pre-order receipt and it just seems odd that they're going through the hassle of mailing them rather than handing them out upon purchase of the game. Guess we'll find out next week, but if any BB insiders have info it would be cool to know.

[quote name='joker______']https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1_250

(PC)

(PS3)

(Xbox 360)
Limit 3 of the same title per offer. Not good in combination with any other promotions. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Items must be purchased on same receipt. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy Gift Card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional Gift Card offers; Best Buy Gift Card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges; delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo, and open-box items. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. (excludes Puerto Rico). Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Offer valid 5/10/09 through 5/31/09[/QUOTE]

Does this also include the $10 off any game $39.99 deal?

[quote name='etcrane']Is there some sort of confirmation that you'll be receiving a figure? I didn't notice anything on my pre-order receipt and it just seems odd that they're going through the hassle of mailing them rather than handing them out upon purchase of the game. Guess we'll find out next week, but if any BB insiders have info it would be cool to know.[/QUOTE]
I didn't get an explicit confirmation, but it's on the fake box thing I got, so I should happen. It looks like you have to both preorder and buy it with your Gamerzone thing. It looks like shipping the figure separately lets them use a better figure; I got the SCIV preorder calendar thing, and it was tiny and stuffed in the box. I'm glad the walker figure isn't a little keychain guy in the box.

Halo 3: ODST pre-order lets you play as the black dude in Firefight (I don't know his name).

Also, I pre-ordered it a few weeks ago when they had the "$10 off any video game" special and got Company of Heroes for $10 off. However, for some reason the computer didn't want to apply the discount to a pc game so the dude did it manually and had a a manager approve it, therefore the reciept had no indication that the Halo 3 preorder took the $10 off the game; I did the same deal with Halo Wars but the reciept said "Halo Wars: $29.99 after $10 instant discount", whereas this reciept listed "Halo preorder: $5.00" and "Company of Heroes: $19.99". Ended up taking the pre-order back, but kept the $10 discount. ;)
I assume this only worked because the manager approved it special and the reciept didn't show the discount. Very YMMV. That is, if they ever run that deal again.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Tekken 6 Pre-order comes with a tattoo sleeve and a "laser cell" in the preorder box.[/QUOTE]
cell is actually pretty nice

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']KABUKISTAR,

dont forget to add the following:

PS3 Ratchet & Clank" A Crack in Time: Power Package Code for Cryo-Mine Glove and extra hit points[/QUOTE]
Is that in-store? If I go reserve it now, do I get the code? Because I can't find that offer online (even though I know insomniac said Best Buy got this offer.)

tlwizard,
there is a box that has ratchet and clank on it similar to that of the uncharted 2 box. there is a slip of paper inside that contains the code. should be in stores now. if u cant find it let me know i have a spare one i am willing to sell via paypal if interested.

[quote name='orion1998_1']cell is actually pretty nice[/QUOTE]
It is. I got one and can post pictures if anyone needs them. It's like a mini-poster.

K, I added Halo ODST and Ratchet & Crank.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']It is. I got one and can post pictures if anyone needs them. It's like a mini-poster.
K, I added Halo ODST and Ratchet & Crank.[/QUOTE]
That would be great if you could post a pic.

Yes. I always get preorders at my local Best Buy; that's where most of the deals are.
All (all? yeah, all, I think) Best Buys have a bunch of empty boxes with the graphics for upcoming games on them that say "pre-order only" on them. You take these up to the cash register, and they ring it up ($5, usually) and you get the box and the reciept which says you have a preorder for that game. Then, after the game comes out, you can either get your $5 back by returning the reciept, or use it for $5 off of the price of the game.

A lot of these boxes come with nice little bonuses to thank you for preordering the game. That's what this thread is for. There are a couple online-only preorders, but most are in-store.

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Yes. I always get preorders at my local Best Buy; that's where most of the deals are.
All (all? yeah, all, I think) Best Buys have a bunch of empty boxes with the graphics for upcoming games on them that say "pre-order only" on them. You take these up to the cash register, and they ring it up ($5, usually) and you get the box and the reciept which says you have a preorder for that game. Then, after the game comes out, you can either get your $5 back by returning the reciept, or use it for $5 off of the price of the game.

A lot of these boxes come with nice little bonuses to thank you for preordering the game. That's what this thread is for. There are a couple online-only preorders, but most are in-store.[/QUOTE]

however for the buy 1 get 1 half off sale best buy is having now for 360 games, when i am pre ordering am i charged with the full retail price of the game or do i get half off the retail price.

For example, if i went in to my local best buy and got gears 2 and wanted to pay in full the pre order of halo odst would my pre order cost for halo odst become 30 dollars and i can walk away with the game without paying anything else for 30 bucks

I don't know how this sale works exactly. I think the preorder part of it may have been online only (when you preorder a game online, you pay the full price of it upfront).
Anyways, the preorder part of the sale is over now.

I saw a pretty cool preorder bonus for Brutal Legend. It's a vinyl record sleeve that serves as an alternate disc case for the game. I'll see if I can get some pictures up.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I saw a pretty cool preorder bonus for Brutal Legend. It's a vinyl record sleeve that serves as an alternate disc case for the game. I'll see if I can get some pictures up.[/QUOTE]

Please do. I'm pretty curious about this and haven't seen it at any of my Best Buys.

Was it a good quality sleeve? Or was it basically the size of a paper cd sleeve (similar to what you get demo discs in) that was made to look like a vinyl cover?
thanks

[quote name='knightsdwn']I saw a pretty cool preorder bonus for Brutal Legend. It's a vinyl record sleeve that serves as an alternate disc case for the game. I'll see if I can get some pictures up.[/QUOTE]

I preodered the game online, do you think it's possible to just walk in and get the bonus if I explain it to them?

[quote name='KABUKISTAR']Yes. I always get preorders at my local Best Buy; that's where most of the deals are.

A lot of these boxes come with nice little bonuses to thank you for preordering the game. That's what this thread is for. There are a couple online-only preorders, but most are in-store.[/QUOTE]

I just went to BB the other day to preorder Halo 3 ODST and they had the empty boxes advertising the preorder. They were sealed shut; when I got home I opened it up and there was the download code to unlock Sgt. Johnson inside.

[quote name='evophile']Please do. I'm pretty curious about this and haven't seen it at any of my Best Buys.

Was it a good quality sleeve? Or was it basically the size of a paper cd sleeve (similar to what you get demo discs in) that was made to look like a vinyl cover?
thanks[/QUOTE]

It is the size of an actual vinyl disc sleeve that opens up like a book. Inside there is a DVD sized tray thing (sorry, I'm bad at describing stuff) where you can pop in the game.

It's well constructed from the looks of it. I'll make sure to take a picture once I remember where I put it...

[quote name='Pixelated Punk']I preodered the game online, do you think it's possible to just walk in and get the bonus if I explain it to them?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if you bring some sort of proof you preordered online you might be able to. If that's a no go, you can always just cancel it and then preorder at your local BB.

I can honestly say this preorder bonus is one of the more original and cooler ones in recent memory. Although it doesen't hold a candle to the rooster hat for Scribblenauts ;).

when does this come out? i didnt see any at my local bb when i was there wed.

[quote name='Pixelated Punk']knightsdwn can you take a picture of the vinyl sleeve please?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry about not providing a picture yet. I have no idea where I placed it and it perplexes me even more since it's rather large to begin with.

I did however find a stock photo courtesy of Gamecrazy's website.

pre_brutal.jpg

It doesn't show much but I hope it gives a general idea of what to expect.

Do the Halo ODST preorder boxes that they have in stores right now contain the code to unlock Sgt. Johnson in firefight or will you only get a code when you pick up the game?

There is a piece of cardboard inside of the preorder container that has the code for johnson on it. That's actually the only thing inside the dvd box.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I'm sorry about not providing a picture yet. I have no idea where I placed it and it perplexes me even more since it's rather large to begin with.

I did however find a stock photo courtesy of Gamecrazy's website.

pre_brutal.jpg

It doesn't show much but I hope it gives a general idea of what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Was this at Best Buy in-store? It would seem obvious but I know people tend to post off-topic messages.

[quote name='woodcan']Was this at Best Buy in-store? It would seem obvious but I know people tend to post off-topic messages.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this pre-order bonus can be found in Best Buy stores.

I don't see how I could have been going off-topic seeing my previous posts but okay.

I just stopped by Best Buy and took a look at the Brutal Legends thing. It's pretty nice. It's the right size for a record sleeve, but is made of much thinner cardboard. I didn't take a look inside, but they had a thumbnail of the inside on the back, and it looked really nice; the whole thing was a big, hand-painted illustration I think,

[quote name='knightsdwn']Yes, this pre-order bonus can be found in Best Buy stores.

I don't see how I could have been going off-topic seeing my previous posts but okay.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't saying you were off-topic but that "other" people tend to go off topic and I was just heading off any flaming.

bread's done
Back