Best Buy Pre-Order Fiasco

SHRIVES93

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So about two or three weeks ago I went into one of my local best buys and pre ordered LittleBigPlanet 2, Collectors Edition, and Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition. On the Gamerzone Reward Zone site, it says you get an extra 1000 points for both lbp2 and dead space 2 when u pre order them. Idk when I get any recognition for these games, but, this system is seriously flawed.

1. The five dollars i put down on LBP2 didn't go through as a gamer purchase

2. Today, when I went to go pick up my copy of dead space 2, they were sold out. Sold out? Isn't that the point of a Pre-Order, to GUARANTEE a copy would be waiting there for me? apparently not. So, customer service isn't apologetic at all about the situation, they call the nearest best buy a half hour away so that they can hold my copy. Before I left, I said, will my pre order still work there they said yes. NO it didn't. So not only did I then have to go BACK to the original best buy (in hopes that the same staff was there and would just feel A LITTLE bit of guilt for the shit i had dealt with) but no, instead they just were like oh okay and cancelled the pre order. So now, I'm almost positive, I WON'T receive my bonus Reward Zone points because the people at my nearest best buy cant do their friggin jobs.

if ANYONE has any idea how I can at least get my points i deserve back, please let me know, I'm really frustrated at Best Buy for this entire situation, mostly because of how they dealt with it. I've been going there for years and have never pre-ordered until these first two and I gotta tell you I will NEVER do that again.

Calling the reward zone member line should clear things up. All you should have to do is explain the situation and provide transaction numbers from the receipts, the original pre-order purchase, the actual purchase of the game, and then the return of the original pre-order.

and yet another person comes to CAG to post their problems instead of contacting the people that could actually help..

call the reward zone member line.

I've never had to deal with anything like this before I didn't know where to go because the people at the best buy have their heads so far up their own butts lol. But since it's so late, no one was answering at the reward zone line, so I just shot them an e-mail. Plus I just felt like venting.

[quote name='SHRIVES93']I've been going there for years and have never pre-ordered until these first two and I gotta tell you I will NEVER do that again.[/QUOTE]
Well, there's your problem right there. Since I joined CAG if I've bought maybe 4 games at Worst Buy it's a frickin' miracle and of those I think maybe ONE was a full MSRP buy while the rest were paid largely with trade in credit from flipping or RZ certificates I was given after calling BB to complain about something. Since I discovered Amazon's Warehouse Deals site I've been even LESS inclined to shop there.

Either way, I have to ask whether or not you have signed up for the Reward Zone Gamer's Club AND if they scanned in your RZ card when you placed the pre-order deposit. If you answered NO to either of those, then there is truly your problem, as I believe the 1k points were from the RZ GC and not from just the RZ program.

Moreover if you handle yourself in a calm and POLITE manner(aka do NOT use the words I DESERVE within your first sentence when calling RZ's 800 line) you should get at least some sort of compensation for your time and trouble.

However I'd definitely suggest pre-ordering from Amazon in the future. They may or may not give you a credit or bonus points for pre-ordering, but many times you'll get release day shipping and not even have to leave the house to get your game.

Oh and btw....the LBP 2 CE sucks. The bookends are cardboard-ish material and the little diorama with the sackbots on one of the bookends isn't even there on the actual product. So save the extra $20 and just get the normal edition.

Walmart has deadspace for $54 as of last night, and Two Worlds 2 for $59. Plenty of copies in my area(Riverdale NJ). I don't pre-order stuff anymore as I've been burn way to many times by Gamestop doing it. I am usually able to find the game on release going to stores like Walmart or Target day of and early enough.

The extra deals from BB or GS have never worked out for me.

bread's done
Back