Best Buy Preferred Cust. Weekend (2/18-21) $5 off Video Games (no minimum)

yeldarb367

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Best Buy is running another "Exclusive Sales Event" this weekend. There is a scan of the coupon provided by lebowsky near the end of page 6. The coupon reads:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exclusive Sales Event: February 18-21, 2005

$5 off Video Games, Limit 3

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes prior purchases and special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 coupon per household. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No copies. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent. Coupon valid 2/18/05-2/21/05.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is confirmed that there is no minimum and $5 games will come up as $0.00.

A scan of the current coupon has been posted by lebowsky on page 6.

One person reported that it did not work in conjunction with the 2 for $30 deal running this week.

Another person reported that they were able to successfully use a prinout of the scanned coupon on the top of page 4 (new version on page 6).

Good luck to all.

What's a preferred customer? Is it the same as a Reward Zone member?

Most people here, I believe, are Devil Customers ;)

[quote name='Eric467']Well I didn't get one, but it's not suprising since Best Buy thinks I'm the Devil.[/quote]

With that av, I have to agree... :wink:

I use to receive mail with coupons with "Preferred Customer" printed on the envelop but I didn't receive this coupon. Hope I get it soon so I can buy some games cheap.

[quote name='sanjuro']I think they send these to those who have a rewards card or a best buy credit card.[/quote]

They can be sent to you if you have the following:

1) Reward Zone card.
2) Best Buy credit card.
3) Any product with a PSP or a PRP on it.

So, basically, anything that has your name/address info on it, which any of the above would have.

[quote name='bil4l']I got some shitty 10% coupons from them today...useless.[/quote]
There were two 10% off coupons along with this $5 off one. Neither of which are any good.

As for the coupons, I received them regularly until about a year ago. Until today, I hadn't received them since then. But I do seem to remember them asking for my name and number recently at checkout.

Woah, thanks OP, I got these today but I was about to throw them out since I assumed from the prior "preferred customer" mail that these coupons would be crap...Anyone know of any good sub $20 games that this coupon can apply to?

Got them today too--at first I thought they were just a bunch of useless 10% offs, but then when I emptied the envelope, out fell the $5 off any video game coupon...limit 3.

Anything >$10 worth picking up at BB?

i received this "preferred customer" coupon pack, and almost threw it out. i just now opened it, and it does not contain a $5 coupon for games or anything else. there are three 10% off coupons, including one for cds, dvds, and games, and a fourth coupon stating "purchase and in-home geek squad service and receive a 15 song napster card".

i'd like to know why some of you have received this $5 off coupon and others, such as myself, haven't. i doubt anyone can provide an answer, of course, but you know, i'd still like to know why.

[quote name='thatstoobad']i received this "preferred customer" coupon pack, and almost threw it out. i just now opened it, and it does not contain a $5 coupon for games or anything else. there are three 10% off coupons, including one for cds, dvds, and games, and a fourth coupon stating "purchase and in-home geek squad service and receive a 15 song napster card".

i'd like to know why some of you have received this $5 off coupon and others, such as myself, haven't. i doubt anyone can provide an answer, of course, but you know, i'd still like to know why.[/quote]

Maybe regional, or it could be linked to buying habits....immoral of them as a company to do that, but hey this is best buy we are talking about, the poster child for immoral practices.

I have a best buy credit card and I never get shit in the mail.

Its just another reason to dislike best buy.

You could pick up Advance Wars 2 for $9.99.... Just use this with the Gamers Gift Card, and get $10.00 off. IF, they allow you to.

[quote name='jetlag16']You could pick up Advance Wars 2 for $9.99.... Just use this with the Gamers Gift Card, and get $10.00 off. IF, they allow you to.[/quote]
"Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers."

Always YMMV though.

They wont let you do a GGC and this coupon. Thats combining two offers. On a personal note, I despise best buy. No matter what I do they never send me jack. Thats why I dont mind being a devil to them.

best buy thinks i am the devil as well. of course I use the GGC on games that it shouldnt work on(under $19.99), so this coupon would be pretty much useless to me since it cant be combined with the GGC and it does the exact same thing as the GGC.

If you want to be a devil or are pissed you didnt get a coupon mailer, just use the GGC on games under $20. problem solved.

I've got a reward zone card, but I haven't gotten this particular coupon. I did get the 10% off ones, which aren't even useful as kindling, but...whatever. It would have been nice to combine it with the $10 in Reward Zone Certificates I have in order to take $15 off of a game. :p

I also received this coupon in the mail and I am wondering if you can get $5 off three $10 games, that would be great. Even if they were $15 or $20 games that would be great. I will probably head there on Friday morning as I am off from work. :D

[quote name='cjg725']I also received this coupon in the mail and I am wondering if you can get $5 off three $10 games, that would be great. Even if they were $15 or $20 games that would be great. I will probably head there on Friday morning as I am off from work. :D[/quote]

no need to wonder, just read the coupon to see the rules...

Yeah I read the rules, but until I go to the store, I am never 100% positive.

Otogi 2 and Demon Stone (Xbox) are games I want to pick up. I was waiting for them to drop to $20 and then get them for $15 at BB. :p

[quote name='cjg725']Yeah I read the rules, but until I go to the store, I am never 100% positive.

Otogi 2 and Demon Stone (Xbox) are games I want to pick up. I was waiting for them to drop to $20 and then get them for $15 at BB. :p[/quote]

they're both $29.99....you might be waiting a while :x

i couldn't wait out picking up otogi 2, they only had one left at BB last week...so i picked it up for $24.99

Don't knock that 10% coupon. The big coupon is usually good for anything in the store. They seem to always include 10% of games and cds, the 10% off almost everything which is bigger than the others and then one other "special coupon." I bought a Sony rear projection LCD TV about 3 weeks ago using that coupon and saved $200. On top of that, I am a rewards zone member so I will be getting about $70 back. If you are looking to buy any big ticket items, that 10% off coupon is worth its weight in gold.

The coupons are randomly packed out. One person can get 3 different types of coupons compared to the next person. My cousin gets BB coupons also, and his are not always the same as mine, so we trade the coupons depending on what he needs or what I need.

You can get $10 off for 3 games and $5 off for last games if you combined w/ $5 off GGC.

1st. Get 4 games instead 3 games and take to cashier register.

2nd. Hand over 3 games w/ $5 off in the mail coupon (wait till the cashier take $5 off for all 3 games).

3rd. Hand over last game w/ $5 off GGC (Last game must be $19.99 or more to do this trick)

4th. After $5 off GCC scann then small window pop up. You will see the computer take an extra $5 off from the 1st 3 games after the cashier press ENTER key.

i just got another reward card right around Xmas and havent got nothing. I think i call up BB and ask why i didnt get nothing and its
pretty good that i can pay 10 bucks for this stupid card and not get coupons :)

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='sanjuro']I think they send these to those who have a rewards card or a best buy credit card.[/quote]

1) Reward Zone card.
2) Best Buy credit card.

So, basically, anything that has your name/address info on it, which any of the above would have.[/quote]

Well they have my address from doing various PMs of other stores' price mistakes (Good Bad Ugly, Seinfeld DVDs...) So I'm sure I'm on their preferred customer list! :rofl:

[quote name='wubb'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='sanjuro']I think they send these to those who have a rewards card or a best buy credit card.[/quote]

1) Reward Zone card.
2) Best Buy credit card.

So, basically, anything that has your name/address info on it, which any of the above would have.[/quote]

Well they have my address from doing various PMs of other stores' price mistakes (Good Bad Ugly, Seinfeld DVDs...) So I'm sure I'm on their preferred customer list! :rofl:[/quote]

Possibly so, though in my personal experience, since I have all three (though the BB card isn't used anymore), I think they're picking my coupons (since they do send out some different coupons when they do their mailings) from my items that are in the #3 category.

[quote name='JDMxB']Got them today too--at first I thought they were just a bunch of useless 10% offs, but then when I emptied the envelope, out fell the $5 off any video game coupon...limit 3.

Anything >$10 worth picking up at BB?[/quote]
Well I just got Timesplitters 2 last weekend for $9.99. Drat. :x

[quote name='DCGCPlayer'][quote name='JDMxB']Got them today too--at first I thought they were just a bunch of useless 10% offs, but then when I emptied the envelope, out fell the $5 off any video game coupon...limit 3.

Anything >$10 worth picking up at BB?[/quote]
Well I just got Timesplitters 2 last weekend for $9.99. Drat. :x[/quote]

Don't open it, take it back and see if they'll adjust the price. Nothing to lose, and I've done this before, even on bigger ticket items like a Tivo.

[quote name='Masterkyo']shrike4242

Buy new copy with coupon & return it with old receipt. :)[/quote]

That also works too, assuming they have a copy of it on-hand. :lol:

Quick Q about the GGC: do you have to use the card to use the coupon? I bought 5 a few weeks ago and put $.01 on each. But I have gone back a few more times and they have none of the $19.99 GGCs left. I have never used these before so my plan is to make good photocopies of the coupon at Kinko's on thick paper so I will have an unlimited supply for the year. That's if you don't need the card...

I was too much of a pussy to use the GGC last year b/c I read about it here, then tried to activate one at the same time of the purchase. The cashier said I can't do that so I left and never tied a GGC for the rest of 04. I only bought 2 games/accessories at BB that were $20 or over anyway so I don't feel I missed out too much. But this year I really plan to take advantage of them, though maybe not with the "glitch". I'm worried it won't work then I get up to the register.

Also, if I do a PM at BB will they also let me use a GGC? I've seen mixed results on this. I know most stores won't let you use coupons with a PM since they don't like you mixing offers. I may try using the GGC coupons at CC also. Thanks for any help.

weaponx666

Example I get BB pricematch with CC Taiko Drumaster (50% off) for $30 and pickup Shaman King (GBA) $19.99, and PSO I & 2 (XBOX) $9.99 then used my $5 off GGC.

Here's on my Receipt
Taiko Drum Master (PS2) $25
PSO I & 2 (XBOX) $5
Shaman King (GBA) $15

.............. Happy Ending............. ;)

[quote name='Masterkyo']weaponx666

Example I get BB pricematch with CC Taiko Drumaster (50% off) for $30 and pickup Shaman King (GBA) $19.99, and PSO I & 2 (XBOX) $9.99 then used my $5 off GGC.

Here's on my Receipt
Taiko Drum Master (PS2) $25
PSO I & 2 (XBOX) $5
Shaman King (GBA) $15

.............. Happy Ending............. ;)[/quote]

Jesus, so does the cashier have to be an idiot for the glitch to work? If not, I'm gonna take advantage of it. At least 1 game has to be $19.99 or above, right? Too bad my BB is small and never has many clearance games. Now I'm thinking of all the money I wasted not using the GGC! Have you ever used the GGC coupon at a CC?

When you did a PM did you have a copy of an ad from CC? I know once I PMed a DVD from CC at BB and I had a CC ad. But the cashier didn't check the date on the flyer, so theorotically you could bring an old flyer in to have them PM. I noticed CC prints the dates of their weekly flyers in tiny print on the back, usually.

For about the past two years I've received at least 2, but sometimes as many as four sets of preferred customer coupons for each one of these sales at Best Buy.

Yesterday I got two mailings containing the following coupons:
2 x 10% off any single item
1 x 10% off any single item for a friend
2 x 10% off and game, dvd, cd....limit 3
1 x 10% off any didgital camera/camcorder

Basically, nothing special.

weaponx666

I have no problem used $5 off $19.99 coupon at my local CC pricematch and you save extra 50 cents too. ($19.99 - $5.00 off -$0.50 = $14.49 plus taxes).

[quote name='neocisco']:twisted: Me=devil customer=no coupon :twisted:[/quote]

I price matched a few times last fall and when my wife bought me HalfLife 2 I returned it in Mid-December to price match their own sale... and guess what?!?!? I no longer get these coupons in the mail. They have skipped me during the last 2 coupon promotions.

I got mine in the mail yesterday, which pisses me off, as I just dropped $200 on dvd's and games last weekend using up the last of my xmass and bday gift cards, and then some :(

bread's done
Back