Best Buy Preorder Gift Card - WTF? [RESOLVED]

trabbahabba

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[UPDATE] Best Buy emailed and resolved the issue.

I posted this in my blog, but want to see if anyone else had issues.

So I ordered Halo Reach back in September when they were offering the pre-order deal that included a $20 gift card. It is now January and I have yet to receive my gift card even though I have emailed them numerous times between then and now. I have only received two responses:

I am sorry for the delay with your pre-order number BBY01-XXXXXXXX Halo Reach that was released on October 8, 2010. We were informed it would take approximately 4 to 6 weeks for all pre-orders to receive the $20 gift cards by mail and I apologized it has not arrived as of yet. I have forward your email to our Promotions department for review and you will receive an reply with the status soon. Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else I can assist you with, just let me know.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy.

Sincerely,
Beverley
Best Buy Customer Care Team.

That email was sent to me on November 6. I NEVER received a reply from anyone in the promotions department.

I emailed again today to find out where it was and when I should be expecting it since we were well beyond the 6 week window.

This is the response I received:

I would more than happy to assist you. I was able to locate the
account with the information you provided. I am sorry but this offer was only "while supplies last" I will try to make up for it by adding 750 points to your account. This is equal to a $15 certificate. You should see these points on your account in 7-10 days.
If you need any additional information on Reward Zone you can read
the program rules at www.myrz.com
If you should need any additional help please do not hesitate to
e-mail or call us at 888-237-8289.

Sincerely,
Sarah
Reward Zone Customer Care Team

I'm sorry, but how does offering me $15 ($5 less than I should be getting from the gift card) make up for you NOT sending me my gift card. I preordered the game when the offer was available. If the "supply" of gift cards was no longer available, then I should have been informed at the time of purchase so I could make other arrangements.

Way to go Best Buy. I spend way too much money with you and this is what you do. You made an offer, I accepted, you fulfill it. Easy process.

Did any of you have similar issues?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back