Best Buy Price Matching Question

UFGators35

CAG Veteran
Ok so yesterday I got a gift card for Best Buy. I would like to pick up Harry Potter 3 and 4 on HD DVD to complete my collection. However, I don't want to pay $25 for each of them when I know they are $20 on Amazon and I have seen them at Walmart for like $18.96.

Does Best Buy price match online deals? Would they price match Amazon if I printed out the items page? I can't find the Harry Potter's on Walmart website, so I don't think that will work.

Uncertain about matching with Amazon's price, but I'm certain Best Buy would price match Walmart's prices if in fact Walmart is local to Best Buy. The definition of "local" is dictated by the associate on staff.

[quote name='UFGators35']Ok so yesterday I got a gift card for Best Buy. I would like to pick up Harry Potter 3 and 4 on HD DVD to complete my collection. However, I don't want to pay $25 for each of them when I know they are $20 on Amazon and I have seen them at Walmart for like $18.96.

Does Best Buy price match online deals? Would they price match Amazon if I printed out the items page? I can't find the Harry Potter's on Walmart website, so I don't think that will work.[/QUOTE]

My local BestBuy will not entertain any price-matching of websites at all.

They also will not match a local competitor price unless it is shown in an advertisement, just a normal in store price is not an "advertised price."

if you go to customer service they should call a local competitor for a non-advertised price...always works for me

also i have had them match online prices of local competitors

Wal-Mart will price match Amazon and almost anywhere else with the sole exception of, oddly, Walmart.com. :)

EDIT: The only thing I've ever gotten Best Buy to price match from a website is an HDTV. Make sure you talk to a manager first though. Most regular employees will just say no.

Print out walmart's price of like 20.00 or 18.96 or some shit.

Go to best buy. Get movies.

Go to cashier. Show ad.

Price matched.

End of story. Enjoy discounted movies.

bread's done
Back