Best Buy - PS3/360 Tiger Woods 14: Historic Edition $9.99 With GC Coupon - Tales of Xillia $29.99 With GC Coupon

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Tiger Woods 14: Historic Edition

Regular Price is $39.99 less $30.00 with My Gamer's Club = $9.99

Tales of Xillia

Regular Price is $39.99 less $10.00 with My Gamer's Club = $29.99

Add the game to your cart. To take advantage of this offer, you must have a BestBuy.com account with your My BestBuy number attached.

Savings will display in cart after you attach your My Best Buy number to your BestBuy.com account. Offer valid for My Best Buy Gamers Club members only.

Appears you don't have to be Gamers Club Unlocked to get this deal. The free membership is enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Found one, last 360 copy in my local store. Took my iPhone up with my cart showing at 9.99. They matched it with no hesitation. Very cool. Thanks, OP!

As noted in one if yesterday's posts, I tried using it in store and only got $10 off.  Picked up Xillia LE for $30. Came back and bought Masters w/ shipping (only 360 available at that time) for $9.99.  Due on Halloween with expedited shipping.

I have a problem. I'm tempted by a golf game I have no real interest in because it is $10.
Lol, you and me both. I already have it in my cart and I also have a $5 code that expires 11/2 thus making it $5 but I know I'm never gonna play it.

Might just get a $10 PSN card.

No go at my store. Had one still showed $10 in my cart but the cashier said there was no coupon available. She called for manager, but I See one for 10 minutes so I left

The store I work at seems to have the 360 version of tiger in stock.. yay. Guess I'll pick up my order when I go in to work the midnight release tonight

First came across this thread yesterday while I was traveling. Got kinda discouraged, once I found out that it was in store only, looked at the stock at all of the stores near where I was yesterday, while I was out of town, and no luck. Got in really late last night, and I've been busy with work, and crap today, so I haven't really had time to even think about it again, until I got settled in tonight, and decided to check stock at my home store (half hour away) and low and behold, it shows they have a 360 copy, so I went on a mad search for my $5 coupon, since it expires tonight.  Just got my copy ordered for $5.33...Will be heading that way Friday, so I'll be stopping by to scoop it up for sure! So glad I decided to check back in on this, down to the last hour, since I'm sure that $5 off coupon expires at midnight.

First came across this thread yesterday while I was traveling. Got kinda discouraged, once I found out that it was in store only, looked at the stock at all of the stores near where I was yesterday, while I was out of town, and no luck. Got in really late last night, and I've been busy with work, and crap today, so I haven't really had time to even think about it again, until I got settled in tonight, and decided to check stock at my home store (half hour away) and low and behold, it shows they have a 360 copy, so I went on a mad search for my $5 coupon, since it expires tonight. Just got my copy ordered for $5.33...Will be heading that way Friday, so I'll be stopping by to scoop it up for sure! So glad I decided to check back in on this, down to the last hour, since I'm sure that $5 off coupon expires at midnight.
Just make sure that when you go to pick it up, you actually get the Historic Edition, since a few CAGs have reported their stores pulling the standard edition to fulfill store pickup orders.

There will probably be at least a few more on shelves in about 7 days when the store pickups get cancelled because people were able to order online or found one in closer stores.  Or from the flippers who didn't lock in their TIVs.

Sold for $25. Thought about keeping it to see if the historic would be worth something one day, but it being an annual sports game I figured it would lose it value in a year.

Sold for $25. Thought about keeping it to see if the historic would be worth something one day, but it being an annual sports game I figured it would lose it value in a year.
Many times the last version of a game will be valuable if it's a platform or game series that's being abandoned, see the values of the last 2 college basketball games, the last EA NASCAR game before Activision and now Deep Silver restarted the license, and what the final versions of Madden & FIFA sell for on PSP and Wii.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see how this goes as others have said EA is still doing next-gen golf w/o Tiger's name attached starting in 2015 but there may be some value in a sealed copy of the last "Tiger Woods" version. For $10, it's worth waiting a couple of years to see.

Missed this the last time it was in stock and all stores near me ran out...

But it's back in stock for both systems online! Grabbed one for PS3!  Great deal...thanks coopscohen! :D

Also hope that Tiger Woods 13 goes back on sale...missed the last one for $7.99.  13 allows the player to play and unlock all DLC courses by just playing the game.  No need to buy them. 

Just make sure that when you go to pick it up, you actually get the Historic Edition, since a few CAGs have reported their stores pulling the standard edition to fulfill store pickup orders.
Yes they pulled the standard version for me as well. Be careful. The white in store pick up paper is taped to the front of the game so pull that off and check the cover. Guy could'nt figure out the difference so I had to go and help him find the right one.

Many times the last version of a game will be valuable if it's a platform or game series that's being abandoned, see the values of the last 2 college basketball games, the last EA NASCAR game before Activision and now Deep Silver restarted the license, and what the final versions of Madden & FIFA sell for on PSP and Wii.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see how this goes as others have said EA is still doing next-gen golf w/o Tiger's name attached starting in 2015 but there may be some value in a sealed copy of the last "Tiger Woods" version. For $10, it's worth waiting a couple of years to see.

Damnit...now you're making me rethink sending mine off to Amazon! I want to keep a copy for myself to play (I've actually been in the market for a cheap golf game) but that wont have any value since it'll be opened. Hmm...

Coupon for Woods 14 is now showing on MyBestBuy as $10 off instead of $30 off. Looks like deal is going to die very soon.

Got a :ps3: copy of Tiger Woods shipped to me for free even though it states the item is not eligible for shipping.

Lucky me.

Just had it sent to me directly...should be interesting to see if it gets cancelled or not

Just got my email saying my order was ready for pickup... Ready to see if they just pulled a vanilla copy, or if it's the real thing.

Damnit...now you're making me rethink sending mine off to Amazon! I want to keep a copy for myself to play (I've actually been in the market for a cheap golf game) but that wont have any value since it'll be opened. Hmm...
What is the Amazon TIV? Might not be worth waiting if you're getting double what you paid to BB. Value will probably only really skyrocket if EA's next-gen golf plans fall through, which ESPN's Darren Rovelle was hinting at this morning.

What is the Amazon TIV? Might not be worth waiting if you're getting double what you paid to BB. Value will probably only really skyrocket if EA's next-gen golf plans fall through, which ESPN's Darren Rovelle was hinting at this morning.
I locked one in at $22.xx. I think I'll send it in and take the risk of it not skyrocketing (I also bought one to keep/play so this isn't solely a flip post)

Dammit in the time it took me to make my order the PS3 version went totally out of stock. Managed to get the 360 version shipped to me though.

Damn! My Historic Edition won't ship till Monday. Hopefully the TIV's don't drop by than so I can trade it in. If anything I'll sell it on eBay but much easier to trade in. Must put towards PS4 pre-order!

Damn. My PS3 version for pickup was "cancelled", but my 360 version has been shipped. I wanted to keep the PS3 version and trade the 360 version.

Best Buy store pickup has been MEGA-FAIL lately. They also cancelled two separate blu-ray orders (3 discs total) because they "could not be located". Really? NONE of the 3 discs could be located even though all show in stock even right now (2 days after my order)?

It seems to always happen at the same store too, so I'm thinking the people that work at this store are just a bunch of lazy bums. I have NO DOUBT that if I go in there today, I will find the items that supposedly are "no longer available". 

Damn. My PS3 version for pickup was "cancelled", but my 360 version has been shipped. I wanted to keep the PS3 version and trade the 360 version.

Best Buy store pickup has been MEGA-FAIL lately. They also cancelled two separate blu-ray orders (3 discs total) because they "could not be located". Really? NONE of the 3 discs could be located even though all show in stock even right now (2 days after my order)?

It seems to always happen at the same store too, so I'm thinking the people that work at this store are just a bunch of lazy bums. I have NO DOUBT that if I go in there today, I will find the items that supposedly are "no longer available".
Could also be incompetence. I placed an in store pickup for a PS3 version, but the store pulled an XBOX 360 version.

I can at least understand mixing up the standard/historic editions, but how can you mistake a 360 game for a PS3?

This could be an example of the "in stock" glitch they sometimes have. Every now and then you'll select an item and see it in stock for a few or every location. This happened to me with the Black Ops II headset and all my orders got cancelled. It's an annoying glitch, but seems to be fairly common.

Yes best buy has horrible inventory control. If something got stolen and they cant find it to fill your order they never remove the in stock ghost item. It just shows that they have one forever that they dont really have. Its very bad customer service but they dont seem to care.

bread's done
Back