Best Buy PS3 Slim $299 BM available NOW!!!

Estebon

Banned
Just came back from BB and saw a bunch of people walking out with the PS3 Slim Box. Apparently, they got the go ahead to sell them. Guy said they had 200 and now only had 25 left at the time. Anyway, I know this isn't a deal, but I didn't know how else to get peoples attention. This was in chicago btw.

[quote name='Estebon']JI know this isn't a deal, but I didn't know how else to get peoples attention. [/QUOTE]

Sony fanboy, please go away... MSRP + tax = no deal

images

Well, as far as I know its a broken street date, and I figured I'd let people know. Not a Sony fanboy at all, but I know people can't wait to get this thing for some reason, and this info would help. If anything, I'm a BB fanboy. I love that store. :)

I confirmed the number sold with my friend who works there. They had 25 left. They had it up on display and had Batman AA up and running on them.

Don't worry OP, some idiots have nothing else to do than to scold you. They obviously were interested by the news, else they wouldn't have clicked here. It may not be a financial deal, but I am confident some people regard time as yet another commodity.

My BB store actually had a deal running with the PS3 Slim purchase (ymmv, of course) :

Add 1 PS3 Accessory, get 5% off the accessory.
Add 2 PS3 Accessories, get 10% off the accessories.
Add 3 or more PS3 Accessories, get 15% off the accessories.

Too bad the official vertical stand is not out, yet. I wonder how much it will cost?

Can verify there were about 20 in Gainesville, FL this morning.

Not a deal as far as saving money, but great price to get in if your are on the fence about PS3 or Blu-Ray

(not a fanboy, not big on Sony)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a shitload of trolls in this thread. Yeah, MSRP, but it's good to know for those who may want to go pick one up TODAY. Go troll somewhere else, trolls.

[quote name='oasisboy']Sony fanboy, please go away... MSRP + tax = no deal

images
[/QUOTE]

Dipshit. He knows its not a deal, did you read his post? Some people were just born to be assholes.

[quote name='Estebon']Just came back from BB and saw a bunch of people walking out with the PS3 Slim Box. Apparently, they got the go ahead to sell them. Guy said they had 200 and now only had 25 left at the time. Anyway, I know this isn't a deal, but I didn't know how else to get peoples attention. This was in chicago btw.[/QUOTE]

HOLY COW!!! I can't believe they sold 175 in one day, and people think there is an economy problem :roll: That is amazing though, tons more people to play on PSN with, but more people competing for cheap games :cry: Just kidding (well... kinda) , that is great that they are selling like that, the PS3 is a great system, even though I don't use mine as much as the others, I think it is great. It is pretty hard to find a Blu-Ray player for $150 (at least one as good as the PS3s) and a gaming system for $150, so it is a win-win situation for anyone looking for those two things.... As far as it not being a deal, it is, in a way. Even though it isn't a markdown on the systems price itself, it is a price cut on the PS3 system in general and a good deal overall, so just ignore all the people saying it isn't a deal ;)

And on a side note, about the economy. I have to say, I just don't see it. Over the weekend I went shopping for games and a car. Every store I went to had people buying tons of things, and not cheap things, expensive things and lots of it. The people at the mall had so much stuff they were buying suticases from the middle vendors just to be able to carry it all. Any time I go to a Best Buy here I see at least 3-4 people buying computers, there are always people buying TV's, etc. When I was at the car dealerships every single one had at least one person buying a car and I went to at least 7 and all the dealers are talking about how many cars they sold because of the whole cash for clunkers thing. I know the economy is bad and all, but all I can say, at least here in Orlando, people are in no way slowing their spending. It was harder to get through the mall Sunday than it is to get through the theme parks and everybody is BUYING so much stuff. It's great to see though, and I'm glad the video game industry is getting some more dough too!

Thanks for sharing the info. I was at Best Buy today and didn't see it out. I'm curious to see what it looks like so I will probably head to Best Buy sometime to check it out!

[quote name='Estebon']I know this isn't a deal, but I didn't know how else to get peoples attention.[/QUOTE]

Maybe post it here?
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233847

[quote name='mis0']What a shitload of trolls in this thread. Yeah, MSRP, but it's good to know for those who may want to go pick one up TODAY. Go troll somewhere else, trolls.[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia: "The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent." Thanks for a textbook example.

[quote name='gantt']Wikipedia: "The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent." Thanks for a textbook example.[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia is a credible source. You win.

Just picked mine up from a local Best Buy here in Laguna Hills California. I bought a PS3 four months ago....with the 2 year Geek squad black tie protection, and here is what I came out of Best Buy with today...

1.) PS3 slim
2.) 110 bucks in store credit
3.) My warranty from the original system transfered over to the new console.
4.) Same no Interest financing for 2 years when I bought the original console.

Thanks Sony...and Best Buy. lol :p

edit: Oh yeah...and a blow job. :)

[quote name='MrSpug']Just picked mine up from a local Best Buy here in Laguna Hills California. I bought a PS3 four months ago....with the 2 year Geek squad black tie protection, and here is what I came out of Best Buy with today...

1.) PS3 slim

edit: Oh yeah...and a blow job. :)[/QUOTE]

so basically you returned the fat ps3 with the geek squad protection for the slim? :D nice..

and u got head? :applause:
was it from bestbuy or sony?

[quote name='mr_burnzz']so basically you returned the fat ps3 with the geek squad protection for the slim? :D nice..

was it from bestbuy or sony?[/QUOTE]

hehe...I couldn't tell...my eyes were closed. lol

Interesting they're selling early but I, like a number of other CAGs I imagine, will wait to see what the stores bring to the table Black Friday on deals for the PS3 Slim. :twisted:

Picked one up at the Sarasota, FL location. They had like 60 systems. One deal worth mentioning was I picked up Soul Calibur IV Premium Edition for $17.99 (PS3)

Most people are expecting to go get them later. I figured this will let the CAGS get them early with no early line forming or anything. if it saves anything, it saves time and hassle. If the mods think it should be moved, then they can move it. Until then, I hope as many people as possible see this and go get their slim. I know many CAGS have been waiting for this.

Thanks, OP. If I was going to get it retail, Best Buy was the plan. Thanks to your heads-up, I got one using my gift cards, and reward certificates.

On a side note, the Best Buy warranty (now called Geek Squad Black Tie Service, but it is just the Product Service Plan) was only $39.99 for this. I passed, but some people like this, and this seems to be a lower cost than what I remembered from the past. If not, flame away!

[quote name='DaFulla']Thanks, OP. If I was going to get it retail, Best Buy was the plan. Thanks to your heads-up, I got one using my gift cards, and reward certificates.

On a side note, the Best Buy warranty (now called Geek Squad Black Tie Service, but it is just the Product Service Plan) was only $39.99 for this. I passed, but some people like this, and this seems to be a lower cost than what I remembered from the past. If not, flame away![/QUOTE]

I like BB in general, but their extended warranties suck. They will look for any excuse not to fix your gear if it breaks (not really BB, but the company doing the repair). BB was quick to refund the balance of my PSP on a camera I brought in for repair, almost as if it was routine and an expected outcome... they were very proficient at the refund process. I suggest you read the fine print in its entirety if you buy the plan, and I sincerely wish you luck if your item breaks.

[quote name='dboy81']I like BB in general, but their extended warranties suck. They will look for any excuse not to fix your gear if it breaks (not really BB, but the company doing the repair). BB was quick to refund the balance of my PSP on a camera I brought in for repair, almost as if it was routine and an expected outcome... they were very proficient at the refund process. I suggest you read the fine print in its entirety if you buy the plan, and I sincerely wish you luck if your item breaks.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Just picked mine up from a local Best Buy here in Laguna Hills California. I bought a PS3 four months ago....with the 2 year Geek squad black tie protection, and here is what I came out of Best Buy with today...

1.) PS3 slim

They do suck on certain products, but if you know the in's and out's it can be a powerful ally...lol

Just make sure you understand it if you do indeed purchase it. I had to make them aware that I knew what I was entitled to. These service/replacement plans are 100% profit for Best Buy, make sure you know what benefits you have.

[quote name='MrSpug'][quote name='mr_burnzz']Just picked mine up from a local Best Buy here in Laguna Hills California. I bought a PS3 four months ago....with the 2 year Geek squad black tie protection, and here is what I came out of Best Buy with today...

1.) PS3 slim

edit: Oh yeah...and a blow job. :)[/quote]

They do suck on certain products, but if you know the in's and out's it can be a powerful ally...lol[/QUOTE]
^ was that a blow job related pun? XD

[quote name='MrSpug']Just picked mine up from a local Best Buy here in Laguna Hills California. I bought a PS3 four months ago....with the 2 year Geek squad black tie protection, and here is what I came out of Best Buy with today...

1.) PS3 slim

how much did you pay for the 2 year warranty?

This is sweet, I might go out and search for one myself then...have to return the one I just got from Costco, it was acting weird anyways, the audio would go in/out, but only when playing off a disc, besides that the audio was fine....go figure

1.) PS3 slim

I'm going to venture a guess and say your store could not replace that specific SKU (read: model) and were forced to issue a full credit in which you used to purchase a slim. Clever.

Of course, this only works because Sony has been horribly indecisive with what size HD to stick with. I'm sure it's been a nightmare this generation for retailers, since both M$ and Sony can't seem to stick with a single model for longer than a few months.

Sigh, I miss the good ole days where when you bought a game system it was for life and they lasted just as long, too.

Saw several of them at the Canton, OH BB on the Strip.

Didn't notice any at the Chapel Hill, OH or Fairlawn, OH stores, but I wasn't really looking there.

I actually went into Best Buy last Wednesday and bought the last 80 GB PS3. I don't like the Slim that much, but I liked the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mis0']Wikipedia is a credible source. You win.[/QUOTE]

In the case of internet lingo, I might be inclined to trust Wikipedia more than other sources I'd otherwise consider to be more reputable and accurate. It's not like Wikipedia has to be derided every single time it's brought up.

[quote name='gindias']Dipshit. He knows its not a deal, did you read his post? [/QUOTE]

What's next "PS3 slim in stock at Wal-Mart" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at Target" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at Gamestop" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at K-Mart", then "PS3 slim in stock at Sears" thread, then "PS3 slim in stock at Fry's" thread...

If its not a deal, then why the fuck is this in the deals section. Dipshit. :lol:

Oasisboy - Ever wonder why you'll never be a mod? I sure don't. You do this to every thread that has no meaning of being in here. U trying to be villain of the year? He was merely informing those who didn't want to wait for shipping. Take a chill pill and stuff your e-penis back in your shorts.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Oasisboy - Ever wonder why you'll never be a mod? I sure don't. You do this to every thread that has no meaning of being in here. U trying to be villain of the year? He was merely informing those who didn't want to wait for shipping. Take a chill pill and stuff your e-penis back in your shorts.[/QUOTE]

It's better to ignore these non-deal topics then make multiple pages about this not being a deal. This forum has posting rules and they should be followed. The hardware is MSRP and available as soon as retailers get them. That isn't a deal. Even if they were street dated finding them early at MSRP doesn't make them a deal.

These PS3 Slim posts are no different then someone posting they found Batman: Arkham Aslyum today for MSRP. There are already applicable off-topic threads posted. Those threads wouldn't be tolerated so why should these?

1.) PS3 slim

[quote name='mr_burnzz']so basically you returned the fat ps3 with the geek squad protection for the slim? :D nice..

was it from bestbuy or sony?[/QUOTE]

actually it was from circuit city.. :applause:

bread's done
Back