best buy psvita 3G deal, get a $50 GC for activating data plan-UPDATE-READ OP FIRST**

dEvAnGeL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
80 (100%)
i went to bestbuy yesterday to try out the vita and the dudes at the gaming section told me that if you buy the vita 3G on top of all the thing that sony has packed with the recent promotion best buy will give you a 50 dollar gift card if you activate the data plan with them at best buy mobile, not sure if this has been posted before but just a heads up

update:
sorry guys, i created the topic and i went out to do something, the guy at the best buy told me that they are letting costumers know about this when they purchase the vita, i think (i was not told this) that best buy believes the 3g version is gonna flop so they are trying to get rid of their stock, that would explain the absence of this deal on the weekly add, i also ask if a 2 year agreement will be required and he told me that the vita does not require an agreement, i hope this clear some doubts to some people, im gonna keep my eyes open and if i see an add with the info in it or something ill post it here

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nohbdy']You mean the same price everyone has been paying for new DS and PSP games for the last few years?[/QUOTE]
While you were asleep the last few years we've moved on to cheaper gaming, like Android and iOS. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']While you were asleep the last few years we've moved on to cheaper gaming, like Android and iOS. :lol:[/QUOTE]

yeah, i mean sucky ports with touch screen controls that obstruct the screen are awesome :lol:

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']yeah, i mean sucky ports with touch screen controls that obstruct the screen are awesome :lol:[/QUOTE]

Dont you love when people compare $1 games vs games like skyrim lol

[quote name='Rodster']Make that two people who agree with you. The Vita is shaping up to be the Go 2. I've got the money to buy five Vita bundles if I want and i'm holding off. Why?

I'm now spoiled on Android and getting free games from Amazon everyday and if I pay it's usually under $4. Hell within 10 months my Kindle Fire paid for itself. :applause:

I'm not hating the Vita as it definitely is a nice piece of hardware. But damn $30-40 games are bad enough but forced proprietary cards kills the device. I understand Sony trying to take 2 steps ahead of the hackers but damn why not throw 8 GB of internal ram just so you can play the games. Then if you need more space then i'm OK with buying a memory card.

And then this was posted on a gaming website.

"Hirai: Sony could be facing "serious trouble" http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-03-hirai-sony-could-be-facing-serious-trouble[/QUOTE]

Whoooa, you have ~$1,500? Tell me your secret!

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']yeah, i mean sucky ports with touch screen controls that obstruct the screen are awesome :lol:[/QUOTE]
See more reasons why not to buy the Vita :booty::applause:
images

[quote name='Rodster']While you were asleep the last few years we've moved on to cheaper gaming, like Android and iOS. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think the site you're looking for is CheapAssCasualKindaSortaGamers...it's a sister site.

Cheaper doesn't equal higher quality...

I'll confident that I'll enjoy the $50 for Uncharted: Golden Abyss more then I did the iOS clone Shadow Guardian that I bought for $1 and stopped playing after a few hours, and the $30 Lumines ES will probably be better and easier to control then the iOS version of Lumines which was free.

So, yeah, while I'm cheap I also value quality. So I'd prefer to spend $80 for a better, higher quality gaming experience then $1 on a far inferior experience.

I came into this thread hoping to glean some useful information. I came in to find people going back and forth with an obvious troll?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I came into this thread hoping to glean some useful information. I came in to find people going back and forth with an obvious troll?[/QUOTE]

Same here -_-.

Either way, i dont get why in the hell people are so adamant on wasting their lives trolling something they have no intention of buying and in no way affects their lives. And why others are so deadset on trying to change the minds of such people and pointing out their obvious flaws.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I dont get why in the hell people are so adamant on wasting their lives trolling something they have no intention of buying and in no way affects their lives. [/QUOTE]

foxandgrapes.png

Science H. Logic. Seriously, trollers, stop trolling. We're all flipping gamers here. We want to support our favorite companies so they will continue to produce great hardware and software. I understand criticism but this is just blatant bashing. Seriously, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

The argument about cheap/free iOS/Android games are getting so freakin old.

Let me try my hand at this:

LOL $170 for a 3DS I'll just stick with my Gameboy and get me some $5 games on ebay. Who needs color and 3D

LOL $300 for a phone with $1 games that you can take on the go. I am just going to use a pencil and paper and play hangman and tic-tac-toe. Who needs a color screen and sound.

There are always cheaper ways of entertaining yourself, it is all in the eye of the beholder. You don't want a Vita, 3DS, Android, iOS, etc etc. Good for you, I am glad you have figured that out for yourself, other people are still on the fence or have decided to buy it. The other topics are that way, go find one that actually interests you (like the free amazon android apps or the cheap/free iOS apps) and spend your time enjoying yourself instead of trying to bash other peoples likes and dislikes. Oh and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

I keep checking all the new posts to see if it's something relevant to the PSVita deals, but it's mostly just back and forth arguments whether the PSVita is worth it or not. Jesus if I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't be looking for deals on it. I just want the best bang for buck in the quest to acquire a Vita.

[quote name='h4mx0r']I keep checking all the new posts to see if it's something relevant to the PSVita deals, but it's mostly just back and forth arguments whether the PSVita is worth it or not. Jesus if I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't be looking for deals on it. I just want the best bang for buck in the quest to acquire a Vita.[/QUOTE]

If you replace the word PSVita or Vita with the word life, which is what Vita means, your post would be rather funny.

I keep checking all the new posts to see if it's something relevant to life deals, but it's mostly just back and forth arguments whether life is worth it or not. Jesus if I didn't think it was worth it I wouldn't be looking for deals on it. I just want the best bang for buck in the quest to acquire a life.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']So is this confirmed or not?[/QUOTE]

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that this deal is never going to happen. I would love to be wrong though.

I might go to BB today and ask about this. Even if I probably still wont buy right away my calendar looks wide open and I dont feel like sitting at my desk all day. This sounds like a good reason to get out and goof off.

Bundle's not a deal. It's just at what it should have been from the beginning... Which is still overpriced. Waiting for the inevitable price drop. Probably won't have great sales numbers for its first year at least. There's been one stupid taco bell Vita plug,. No one but core gamers know about it. Not a bad device, but Sony marketing is piss poor or nonexistent. Not trolling... This is truth. Go cry bout it

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Bundle's not a deal. It's just at what it should have been from the beginning... Which is still overpriced. Waiting for the inevitable price drop. Probably won't have great sales numbers for its first year at least. There's been one stupid taco bell Vita plug,. No one but core gamers know about it. Not a bad device, but Sony marketing is piss poor or nonexistent. Not trolling... This is truth. Go cry bout it[/QUOTE]

thanks nostradamus

I have to agree. If Amazon or someplace offers $50 credit or gift cards, I'll bite. Not a gimmick to get me to sign up to something to get a gift card.

I don't understand why all Vita's don't come with a memory card. Since a memory card is required, it's pretty useless without one. If a PS3 cost $30 less but it didn't come with a power cable and the power cable sold separately for $30 then the real price of the PS3 is $30 more than what they are selling it for. Not a perfect analogy but it does seems like an underhanded way for Sony to make the PSV look cheaper than it really is.

[quote name='JKSonic']Don't let dumb little "deals" like this fool you into buying one. If it didn't take off in Japan it's for a reason, this shouldn't be a day 1 for hardly anybody unless you have the money to blow. Their pricing with the data plans, the game prices, the memory card prices...it's all something none of us (especially us true cheap-asses) should be supporting.

Sorry it's a rant I know but had to say it. If you got the money to blow or you really want a portable PS3 than cool whatever I'm not ragging on you. But for average gamers out there this should be a wait and see type thing.

Plus the fact that the PS4 is up in the air and Sony posted a HUGE loss last year should be another warning sign. More than likely if you really want one they are going to drop in price FAST.

EDIT: I'll edit this too... What I'm trying to say is unless you're already planning on getting one no matter what, don't let crappy deals like this convince you. Seems good but you're still paying for something you shouldn't be paying for at all in the first place just to get money off a game because they're trying to push it out the door since it bombed so bad in Japan. I already feel like if it does well here in the first few weeks it'll be solely because the deals, not because people really wanted it.[/QUOTE]
This pretty much sums it up

The Vita is failing and Sony is in danger of losing hold of large chunks of it's user electronics base.

The Vita will fall and that's good because cheaper things are good.

The problem in this thread is that people don't follow gaming that much besides deals, Sony is a Japanese company and that means their stuff does well over there. Now it's true that consoles are falling behind in Japan but the handheld market is fairly strong and when a Japanese game comes to the market it helps sales of whatever handheld it's out for. A Tales game came out for the Vita and only sold 50k in it's first week, that's very dangerous for the Vita because that means it's targeted user isn't interested in it.

Everytime i see the topic bump i'm hoping for more answers, yet more trolling. Guess ill just have to go to Best Buy to find out myself

[quote name='dgwillia006']Everytime i see the topic bump i'm hoping for more answers, yet more trolling. Guess ill just have to go to Best Buy to find out myself[/QUOTE]
QFT. Everyone wants to crap on everyone's parade lately. 3DS did poorly, and they recovered. I bought a PSP for the first time last year after hating on it and I regret doing so.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']This pretty much sums it up

The Vita is failing and Sony is in danger of losing hold of large chunks of it's user electronics base.

The Vita will fall and that's good because cheaper things are good.

The problem in this thread is that people don't follow gaming that much besides deals, Sony is a Japanese company and that means their stuff does well over there. Now it's true that consoles are falling behind in Japan but the handheld market is fairly strong and when a Japanese game comes to the market it helps sales of whatever handheld it's out for. A Tales game came out for the Vita and only sold 50k in it's first week, that's very dangerous for the Vita because that means it's targeted user isn't interested in it.[/QUOTE]

The Vita's targeted user has been western gamers- not Japanese gamers. The majority of the launch games in Japan were games that are popular in the west, and a few unnotable Japanese titles. The PSP which was a big hit in Japan was more geared towards Japanese gamers, and less towards western gamers- in the west, the PSP didn't do too hot, and Sony wanted to do things differently this time. It would've made a lot more sense for Sony to launch it in the west first, because the games were there. They weren't there for the Japanese launch, and if they had launched it here first, there may have been more popular games at the Japanese launch.

For the Vita haters claiming that it will flop because of a weak US launch lineup of games, please refer to the PlayStation 2 US launch. That thing only went on to sell a gazillion units... and still sells today.

Even the PSP had a weak US launch. Hell... people were even skeptical about the PS3. Regardless, I'm keeping my Amazon First Edition pre-order. If they sweeten the pot in order to compete, fine by me. If not... also fine by me. I must be in the minority, as I can't wait to get my hands on the thing!

EDIT:

As far as the claims that it will fail because it's library consists of nothing but Western style games, I give you this: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/05/atelier-developer-making-vita-game/

Like the PSP, this thing will wind up being the go-to device for JRPGs.

Wow, a ton of anti-Vita trolls scrapping this thread up. I too have been looking for incentives for the Vita, and its annoying having all the troll posts in the thread. For the people crapping up the thread, please stop. People here have already decided to get it or not, no reason to pollute the thread.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Everytime i see the topic bump i'm hoping for more answers, yet more trolling. Guess ill just have to go to Best Buy to find out myself[/QUOTE]

The mods (do we even have mods?) just don't give a shit.

Beyond all the trolling, has anyone else actually confirmed that this deal is legit and not just some blue shirt talking out of their you-know-what to get a customer to pre-order?

checked one of my local stores and they hadn't heard anything about this.

edit: will check another store later that's usually more in the know

It sounds like Op was given incorrect info to me. Some random employee that works in the video game section likely wouldn't have any inside info on some unannounced promo. The part that makes me even more doubtful is, according to the OP, the employee explained the deal by saying best buy thinks they are going to flop and want to dump them- if they thought that, they wouldn't order many to begin with. Why would they buy them just to dump them on day one? Makes absolutely no sense.

[quote name='SmokeCapone']I'm at best buy right now and its a 2 yr contract like their cell phone service. Bummer[/QUOTE]

i dont think its even possible to sign a 2 yr contract on these. When you asked about it, he probably just confused it with the ordinary cell phone deal they have.

You know what I don't get about the trolls? Why are they always in others people's business telling them what to buy and what not to buy? The same thing happened with the 3DS.

If other people want to spend money on the Vita, then let them. Who cares? I suspect their mommies never let them buy anything so they take it out on other people.

Yeah, I've found that unless there's a memo or you're talking to the head of the gaming department, most of what BB employees say is false and ridiculous. Example - last night I wanted to cancel my Bioshock pre-order and replace it with something coming out a bit sooner. Well, according to the dude in the gaming department (because evidently the girl at the service desk who was helping me didn't believe that it wasn't coming out soon and had to ask him) told her that the new Bioshock is coming out in March ... Guess I'll be adding that the the same shelf I have my Diablo III from February 1st sitting on.

When I was looking for the mayhem bundle yesterday the gaming department dude tried telling me the sharpshooter standalone package was the mayhem bundle even after I told him it was not. He was convinced it was because it had a sticker on it saying it was compatible with the games in the mayhem bundle. I had to go find another employee to get one from the back. Best Buy employee's are definitely not infallible, and this seems like one of those times.

[quote name='caltab']i dont think its even possible to sign a 2 yr contract on these. When you asked about it, he probably just confused it with the ordinary cell phone deal they have.[/QUOTE]

You have to get their 'WIFI' hotspot thingy in order to get this deal. That's where the contract comes into play Dunno why my phone said (workweek)

Anyways, buy the 3/4g hotspot thing-a-majig, get $100 off dunno about the $50 GC, they lost my interest when he said the 3/4g wifi hotspot was gonna be $50 a yr thru their system for 2 years. Thats $600, no, ill stick to the month to month idea instead and pay for it when I need it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Everytime i see the topic bump i'm hoping for more answers, yet more trolling. Guess ill just have to go to Best Buy to find out myself[/QUOTE]Well, I see several problems with this "deal"
1-there's NO CONTRACTS for the data plans for the Vita
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309615
1A-Sony/AT&T aren't subsidizing the Vita's price in contract form the way they do with current contract phones
This makes me wonder why they would then offer the $50 gc since these would be the better(for them) way to sell the vita with or w/o the GC.
2-The Vita launch is pretty much here & this type of promo is something that they'd be advertising very aggressively hoping to not only score the console sale but the accessorie/game sale since people will need something to play with it.

To me I believe the best deal that could be had for the vita at launch would be the deal where BB takes $100 off any game system when you sign up for a 2 yr contract on a mobile wifi hotspot which would make the vita's cost
$250 for the launch 1st edition
$200 for the 3G
$150 for the wifi
now you would also have to add the $50 cost of the hotspot itself & then there's month charges from Verizon/Sprint/AT&T for their data plans. I'd do the wifi version for $150 since the hotspot would effectively replace the need for the 3G since it's portable, but that's just me. I'm awaiting confirmation on the deal but after reading the T&C it looks like the vita would be eligable for the $100 discount.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...ifi-200-Wifi-3G-250-Launch-bundle/td-p/454519

[quote name='SmokeCapone']You have to get their 'WIFI' hotspot thingy in order to get this deal. That's where the contract comes into play Dunno why my phone said (workweek)

Anyways, buy the 3/4g hotspot thing-a-majig, get $100 off dunno about the $50 GC, they lost my interest when he said the 3/4g wifi hotspot was gonna be $50 a yr thru their system for 2 years. Thats $600, no, ill stick to the month to month idea instead and pay for it when I need it![/QUOTE]I think you mean $50 per month on top of the initial $50 to buy the hotspot itself. Otherwise, $50/yr is the best wifi hotspot deal going LOL & this becomes a total deal.

[quote name='Enuf']I think you mean $50 per month on top of the initial $50 to buy the hotspot itself. Otherwise, $50/yr is the best wifi hotspot deal going LOL & this becomes a total deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my bad bro my phone texting is tripping out and really sluggish while i was in the store playing with the vita aswell.

But this is a rip-off if you ask me, im not trolling, I went to go and pre order Which the guys says you cant anymore in there stored due to high demand.

But yea, its a $50 a month for a 2 year contract when you get the Wifi Hotspot to get this deal.

Are they releasing the European Carry case over here in the states? If not is there a way for me to import that bad boy, that case looks sweet!

You ppl are not gonna believe this, but check it out...

I have a 3DS right now that I enjoy playing, I mean who doesnt at least LIKE mario kart right? Or Ocarina of time? Now this is the real mind blower right here....I also have the PSvita on preorder...omg I know right? Why would I buy 2 handheld consoles and not auto buy one and hate on the other? Because I like to have FUN, I like to play video games to UNWIND and DE-STRESS. Isnt it crazy!?! I mean how can I not show blind loyalty to one company and hate the other with a passion...must be because I dont care whats on the label, who produced the games, or what the price is (to a certain point, I am on CAG after all) as long as Im having FUN.

If you want to come into every single Vita or 3DS thread, and p*** on it more then R. Kelly p**** on girls then by all means enjoy yourself, ill be much too busy playing Animal Crossing on my 3ds in between my sessions of Call of Duty for my Vita to care.

[quote name='SmokeCapone']You have to get their 'WIFI' hotspot thingy in order to get this deal. That's where the contract comes into play Dunno why my phone said (workweek)

Anyways, buy the 3/4g hotspot thing-a-majig, get $100 off dunno about the $50 GC, they lost my interest when he said the 3/4g wifi hotspot was gonna be $50 a yr thru their system for 2 years. Thats $600, no, ill stick to the month to month idea instead and pay for it when I need it![/QUOTE]

Sir, you need lessons in math. That's $1200 for 2 years. And doesn't BB use Clear for their hotspot? Pretty sure that's not even unlimited.

[quote name='gokou36']Sir, you need lessons in math. That's $1200 for 2 years. And doesn't BB use Clear for their hotspot? Pretty sure that's not even unlimited.[/QUOTE]

Sir, you need to read the post that corrected me already, I already explained as I was typing from my phone and things didn't come out the way they should. I dunno what bestbuy uses, I just relayed info about the authenticity of this deal from the source.

I just sent a text message to my buddy at BBY he is the head mofo in the gaming section. If he doesn't know about this then it probably isn't true but that is not a guarantee because sometimes he is knobhead.
But seriously he usually knows about all this shit because i harass him all the time about deals I think during the holidays he wanted to block my number and run when he seen me coming in the door.

[quote name='Paladinion']You ppl are not gonna believe this, but check it out...

I have a 3DS right now that I enjoy playing, I mean who doesnt at least LIKE mario kart right? Or Ocarina of time? Now this is the real mind blower right here....I also have the PSvita on preorder...omg I know right? Why would I buy 2 handheld consoles and not auto buy one and hate on the other? Because I like to have FUN, I like to play video games to UNWIND and DE-STRESS. Isnt it crazy!?! I mean how can I not show blind loyalty to one company and hate the other with a passion...must be because I dont care whats on the label, who produced the games, or what the price is (to a certain point, I am on CAG after all) as long as Im having FUN.

If you want to come into every single Vita or 3DS thread, and p*** on it more then R. Kelly p**** on girls then by all means enjoy yourself, ill be much too busy playing Animal Crossing on my 3ds in between my sessions of Call of Duty for my Vita to care.[/QUOTE]

Two thoughts here:

First, I complete agree with your line of thinking.

Second, notwithstanding my concurring with your opinion, you still seem stressed to me. You may need to break out the neo geo pocket also. ;)

bread's done
Back