Best Buy - Purchase AC Brotherhood and another game, get $30 GC

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']pfffffft....tru ftw on the brotherhood deal....[/QUOTE]

Meh, wait until after Christmas and Brotherhood will be $30....

Its like clockwork with Ubisoft.

I can only see it worth it with AC II, since it is $29.99, basicaly you will get it for free . Well not excatly because you get $30 gift card for future purchise, but if you donot have AC II it may work for you.

I believe that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood also grants 500 bonus rewardzone points ($10) on a pre-order. Still not a stellar deal, however.

Anyone that does take advantage of this, don't forget to check the box next to the gift card. I forgot to do that with reach and it was a hassle to get it corrected.

Myself - I know this is a Ubisoft title and will be $20 within months, so I shall play the waiting game.

Actualy may not be that bad deal for those, who does not have AC II. You can get ACB and ASII for $90 than receive $30 gift card and for preordering ACB: $10 reward zone members certificate + Exclusive in game character officer for ACB. All together $90 (out of pocket) -$30 -$10 = $50 for both AC games and bonus downlodable character (ACB). NOT BAD BY MY OPPINION!!

I bet you BB won't give you the 500 points and the gift card. And especially if you use a gift card in the original purchase

[quote name='mikeda']I bet you BB won't give you the 500 points and the gift card. And especially if you use a gift card in the original purchase[/QUOTE]

I got my 500 points and $20 GC when I did the BB Halo deal. It was the best deal out there at the time.

And it states on the RZ website that AC:Brotherhood is eligible for 500 point preorder bonus.

Horrible BB DEAL ever! I live in Missouri i have Nebraska Furniture Mart "Buy Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for $59.99 & get $30 GC" and BB pricematching the deal :)

How does price matching a gift card offer work at BB? I want to get AC:B at BB because of the extra character, and TRU has a $20 gift card deal with purchase of AC:B for Tuesday only. Do they just take $20 off the price, give you the gift card free, or make you pay for the gift card and deduct $20 off the price of the game?

[quote name='joshnorm']Meh, wait until after Christmas and Brotherhood will be $30....

Its like clockwork with Ubisoft.[/QUOTE]
IIRC, AC2 dropped to around $40 by February last year, and then by April, it was $30, which is why despite all these deals for AC:B, I refuse to buy it until the inevitable price drop.

[quote name='reddjoey']The Ad and the "Best Buy" Insider don't note you must preorder to get the 500 points. You could try and argue[/QUOTE]

BB RZ gamers club has been inconsistent like that. They had something similar with MOH where only it showed in the ad and not online. I've emailed CS reps before and had my points awarded within 48 hours in those situations. Just make sure you put the $5 preorder down with your RZ card.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Horrible BB DEAL ever! I live in Missouri i have Nebraska Furniture Mart "Buy Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for $59.99 & get $30 GC" and BB pricematching the deal :)[/QUOTE]

Which Best Buy location(s) do you get to pricematch those particular deals?

[quote name='Donut2922']BB RZ gamers club has been inconsistent like that. They had something similar with MOH where only it showed in the ad and not online. I've emailed CS reps before and had my points awarded within 48 hours in those situations. Just make sure you put the $5 preorder down with your RZ card.[/QUOTE]

Problem is, my local BB doesn't have any preorder boxes for anything anymore. I looked for a SKU, but can't find one. I'm still calculating how I want to do this deal. BB is tempting me with the CE, but I'm not sure I want it

[quote name='bugeater']How does price matching a gift card offer work at BB? I want to get AC:B at BB because of the extra character, and TRU has a $20 gift card deal with purchase of AC:B for Tuesday only. Do they just take $20 off the price, give you the gift card free, or make you pay for the gift card and deduct $20 off the price of the game?[/QUOTE]

Extra character?

[quote name='Raye']IIRC, AC2 dropped to around $40 by February last year, and then by April, it was $30, which is why despite all these deals for AC:B, I refuse to buy it until the inevitable price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling it now - it'll be on sale for $39.99 the week after Christmas, i.e. the "spend the gift card granny bought you" week.

[quote name='mikeda']I bet you BB won't give you the 500 points and the gift card. And especially if you use a gift card in the original purchase[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']I got my 500 points and $20 GC when I did the BB Halo deal. It was the best deal out there at the time.

And it states on the RZ website that AC:Brotherhood is eligible for 500 point preorder bonus.[/QUOTE]

On the detail offer page

Limit 3 games per offer, maximum 1500 bonus points. Not good in combination with any other promotions. Reward Zone® program members cannot earn bonus points in combination with other promotional points offers. Bonus points (as defined in the applicable rules) will not be multiplied. Members earn these bonus points in addition to points earned as part of the standard Reward Zone program. Points are not awarded on purchases paid by Best Buy gift card(s) or reward certificate(s). Points are not awarded for instant and mail-in rebates; promotional gift card offers; Best Buy gift card redemptions; sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges and restocking fees; prior purchases; Outlet Center items; special order, clearance, demo and open-box items. Valid at BestBuy.com and Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. Games must be pre-ordered by 11/15/10, and purchased between 11/16/10 and 11/20/10.

I went to Best Buy with a copy of their price match policy and TRU's ad. Two different employees tried to say they couldn't PM a gift card, but they called the manager over and he told them to drop the price of the game to $39.99 and charge me for the $20 gift card. They even threw in a free @Gamer magazine. The game had the Officer code, as well (there was no sticker or anything indicating it was included). Very happy customer here. I'm going to return my Amazon copy when it arrives later today because this ended up being a better deal.

This deal sucks why would you want to buy 2 full price games to get $30gc. Once you buy a 3rd game probably at retail you only save $10 per game. It would be great if you got a $30gc just for getting ACB. You guys know that ACB will be on sale for $39.99 at Kmart for their BF sale. Just buy it there.

PM'd TRU for the $20 GC for NFS and ACB. Then picked up Lights Out, all for PS3.
they gave me a $20 GC and a $30 for the two. Also, grabbed Christmas Carol BR for 14.00

59.99 NFS
59.99 ACB
39.99 Lights out.

-$50 GC.

110.00 - had a few GC from other purchases so only paid $50 out of pocket, and left with another $50 in gift cards, and points to boot on that.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']ended up getting AC:B and the new need for speed...ill put the $30 towards splatterhouse later this month if the reviews are right[/QUOTE]

If you can make it to ToysRUs tonight, they are giving $40 in GC for buying those two games, and 40% off the second game. I got those two games and a $40 gift card for $100 today.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']

Myself - I know this is a Ubisoft title and will be $20 within months, so I shall play the waiting game.[/QUOTE]

Basically I have so much other stuff to catch up on by the time I would get to this it will be after x-mas.

Come on guys, its an ubisoft game. Anyone who buys this game in the first month of release is no CAG. This game will be 20 bucks in a few months. I said the same thing with SC Conviction. A few months after release I got it for ELEVEN DOLLARS BRAND NEW AT BEST BUY. It even still came with the Best Buy exclusive unlocks. Save your money friends.

bread's done
Back