Best Buy Red Tag Clearance - YMMV

Brownjohn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I'm not sure if this is offered in many stores, but two of the three best buy stores within 15 miles of me have many games at 50% all marked with a red sticker. Most of the deals are what you'd expect, but I did notice a few good titles.

I picked up Star Ocean: First Departure for PSP for $10, I also saw Sambe de Amigo and Alone in the Dark both for Wii for $15. About a month ago, I picked up Armored Core 4 for X360 for $5.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has found any good deals.

A Best Buy near me does this as well, only difference, each system has their own colored tag. For me, it has been a hit or miss. The first time I was there I found a bunch of games for $10 and one for $7.50, but not great titles. Got Rock Revolution for DS for $2.50, saw G-Force for PS3 for $25 yesterday, and then a bunch of titles that I'm not interested in, so don't pay attention. I also saw Brain Age 2 for $10, but they went pretty fast.

I believe this is a big YMMV thing, but if you have a store nearby that offers it, definitely worth checking out because mine usually has some decent titles.

Hmmm....i live in the Twin Cities...the home Best Buy corporate.....i cant turn around over here without running into a BB....shouldnt be hard for me to find at least a FEW offering this.......I will look into it...

I was at the BB in Canton, Ohio just a few hours ago and looked through all the PS3/Wii games and didn't see any red tags or anything. There was the usual POS games that no one wants for $20 marked as "Value" up by the register though.

This is COMPLETELY a YMMV sort of thing--so much that it'll be hard finding stores that do it at all. I used to work for BBY and traveled through the district of MI, OH, IN, and PA. Only ONE store of that district used a "Manager's Special" or discounted sticker special.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I'm not sure if this is offered in many stores, but two of the three best buy stores within 15 miles of me have many games at 50% all marked with a red sticker. Most of the deals are what you'd expect, but I did notice a few good titles.

I picked up Star Ocean: First Departure for PSP for $10, I also saw Sambe de Amigo and Alone in the Dark both for Wii for $15. About a month ago, I picked up Armored Core 4 for X360 for $5.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has found any good deals.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to pick up Star Ocean: First Departure for $10, but I sincerely doubt my BB would have it at that price.

[quote name='the_punisher']When did it start? I was there yesterday but didn't see anything.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Same here I saw nothing too, Our local best buy here sucks, I hope they add more deals soon before too long.

[quote name='the_punisher']When did it start? I was there yesterday but didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]

My store has been doing this at least since Wii Sports Resort was released because that was the first day I was to that store. From what I can tell it had been going on for a while and is something they will be keeping. I don't think it is any type of special for a limited time (except for the time the games currently available lasts) it is just something the manager at the store decides to do. I've only been to two Best Buy's in my area, one offers this, one doesn't. The other best Buy has clearance bins, each with different pricing, $19.99, $14.99 and $9.99 as well as one bin that had Best Buy round stickers on them that was 25% off the regular price, but just recently went to 30% off full price, not found anything in there yet.

It may be worth watching the store because if the manager wants to sell more games, they may start offering something similar, or if they get a new manager they may try it. From what I've noticed in all the Best Buy's I've been to (Florida and Ohio) each one handles discounted games a little differently and it just depends on the store/manager/area how they offer them.

[quote name='erehwon']I'd love to pick up Star Ocean: First Departure for $10, but I sincerely doubt my BB would have it at that price.[/QUOTE]

I was able to snag Second Departure at $5 from my BB.

This does belong in the YMMV (Clearance) Best Buy thread though.

I was at my local best buy in N.Y today, and they had so many Tom Clancy's end with the bluetooth headset, but the price was redicilious{89.99} and it had the clearance sticker that said its 69.99 but it kept ringing up at the register for $89.99. other than this ripoff, they didnt have shit for a cheap price.

bread's done
Back