Best Buy: Return of the "Front Lane" Games (YMMV?)

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
JUst wanted to get the word out and a heads up to anyone interested but it looks like Best Buy is starting to put out new rounds of the infamous "Front Lane" games.

They are in small cardboard displays and Either in by the games or in my case one was by the PSP games and the other was by checkout. (Mayfair Mall Best Buy / Milwaukee,WI location to be exact)

The PSP games were marked on the box $14.99 and each game had the generic white price sticker matching the price on the box.PS2,Wii,and DS games were in front.

PS2 was marked $9.99 Ones I remember were: Burnout Revenge,Sly Cooper Games

PSP Was marked $14.99 Ones I remember were Megaman X Maverick Hunters or something.

DS was marked $9.99(not positive) Did not pay attention to much

Wii was marked $19.99 but from a quick glance it looked like lots of Shovelware.

I did not notice anything 360 or PS3 but I may have missed it I did have my 4 year old with me and any parent knows that can be fun.

Im sure games will vary by store so its worth a look at least.
This is just a heads up like I said so if this turns out to be a nationwide thing again anyone feel free to make a more complete thread with listings just give me the original heads up credit of course.

Thanks and happy hunting...

I saw this at that very store, but didn't think it was much of anything worth remarking on.. I remember it being a lot of crap. Some of the PS2 games weren't bad, though. The Wii and DS sections smelled of shovelware crap.

[quote name='jer7583']I saw this at that very store, but didn't think it was much of anything worth remarking on.. I remember it being a lot of crap. Some of the PS2 games weren't bad, though. The Wii and DS sections smelled of shovelware crap.[/quote]

Ahh I forgot your from around the same area, yeah it was a bunch of crud but the PS2 stuff was pretty decent for $9.99

I just figured I would post this seeing last time the Frontlane thing wwas pretty big here and that $5 off gamepro coupon sure made it better.

Yeah, I saw some of these too a couple of weeks ago.
Nothing worth remembering except for Sly...
This would be an excellent time for those 5 dollar off coupons to return.

I recall seeing Sega Genesis Collection PSP for $15 in one of those boxes. Priced at least $20 everywhere else except TRU, which is also $15.

[quote name='Chilijohn']I recall seeing Sega Genesis Collection PSP for $15 in one of those boxes. Priced at least $20 everywhere else except TRU, which is also $15.[/quote]
Did TRU bump the price back? I picked mine up for $5 few months ago.

Yeah, I noticed some too. Well, they always various old PS2 and GBA titles, but they've seemed to have added Wii, havent seen any 360 titles yet

I picked up Sly 1 & 2 as well as the first Ratchet and Clank game for $10 a piece. They also had the Bleach DS game bundled with an ATV DS game for $20 and a bunch of $10 Fire Pro Wrestling Returns copies. I love the Front Lane games section of Best Buy.

I can confirm this for the Santana Row Best Buy in San Jose, CA. They had Mega Man X Maverick Hunter and Mega Man Powered Up for $14.99 each in the front lane.

The Best Buy in South Philly has this too; The PSP lineup was absolutely excellent.

Lumines 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
MegaMan Powered Up
MegaMan X Maverick Hunters
Sega Genesis Collection

Not bad at all.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']The Best Buy in South Philly has this too; The PSP lineup was absolutely excellent.

Lumines 2
MegaMan Powered Up
MegaMan X Maverick Hunters
Sega Genesis Collection

Not bad at all.[/quote]

sf alpha 3 is only $12.99 at circuit city.

wow I have a mall right near me called Mayfair Mall. It's located in Victoria, BC though and there is no Best Buy

I went to Hialeah Bestbuy in Miami, Not much of a FRONT LANE there. ;(

got GTA:LCS for the psp 15 dollars, with a reward coupon of five dollars.

I too saw these, but most of them are mediocore titles same goes for the Wii and PS2 games

Lumines 2
MegaMan Powered Up
MegaMan X Maverick Hunter
Sega Genesis Collection

Went to my Best Buy in Va. Had a sign on the rack (All games $9.99 this week only). Games I could remember were Jericho, Stranglehold, and Lost Planet for both PS3 and 360. Also had a couple ps2 and wii games

The Best Buy in Columbia, MD had the first and third Ratchet and Clank games and Jak 3. Good idea to check out the PS2 games if you're trying to complete your collection like me.

[quote name='CaoPi']Lumines 2
MegaMan Powered Up
MegaMan X Maverick Hunter
Sega Genesis Collection[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those were the PSP titles that stuck out for me at the Sunnyvale, CA location. However, not cheap enough for me at $14.99, up $5 from the "original" frontline prices last year.

Looked at both the Denton, TX and Flower Mound, TX store. In addition to everything mentioned, I also saw Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii (debatable whether that falls under the 'shovelware' category or not... I've never played it).

But what really jumped out at me was Puzzle Quest for PSP for $15. Can't seem to find it new anywhere anymore. Targets have had it clearanced, but I've yet to see it at Target. Almost bit at both stores.... but the fact that I already own it for XBLA and DS made me hold off.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Check out DS bundle $20 for 2 games. They have couple DS bundle for $20 each. Bleach is great game + junkie Game for $20.[/quote]

If you want Bleach BOF, check TRU first. Can get it there for $10. Not much of a point buying a crappy game to go with it.

These never disappeared from my store, they just kind of moved because of Christmas and then remained where they were (now basically hidden since the line doesn't go that way) since.

Did Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2 get reprinted? I saw about 8 copies of it in the front lane for $19.99 yesterday.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Did Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2 get reprinted? I saw about 8 copies of it in the front lane for $19.99 yesterday.[/quote]

I've seen a lot at TRU lately for that price, too. I don't know about reprinted, but they may have dumped a bunch that were warehoused.

I saw this rack today and almost the entire rack was reduced close to 50% off. I bought Reel Fishing for the PSP for $2.99. They also had Crosswords, Detroit Hustle, Exit (?), and Gottlieb Pinball for $2.99. They had a huge selection of GBA for $4.99 - $7.99 and a few DS titles for $9.99. Saw BIGS for the PS3 for $9.99. There were a few X360 titles but I didn't pay any attention to them. There were many PS2 titles reduced as well. It was in Antioch, TN.

best buy around here had all ps2 ratchet, jak, and sly games for 9.99ea. another display had super dbz and some clearanced sports games. nothing for me though. i only went in to get a price match (24.99) on the orange box for my new pc. picked up lotr bfme exp. for 5.00 while there for good measure.

bread's done
Back