Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App: Earn Free Points With Polls and Activities

[quote name='oasisboy']I wasn't complaining. I was just stating how people were bitching... they have a sense of entitlement.

learn-to-read.jpg

This facebook comment from best buy's page wins the internet:

Beth Burns

This is insane. I have never seen a website down this long! There is no reason it shouldn't be fixed. I have been trying for well over 12+ hours to get into reward zone![/QUOTE]
I did read it right. Learn to word things better...

[quote name='oasisboy']
This is insane. I have never seen a website down this long! There is no reason it shouldn't be fixed. I have been trying for well over 12+ hours to get into reward zone![/QUOTE]

I almost commented on her post last night, but figured that trolling someone you don't know on facebook is even lower than doing it on a forum.

Still having problems logging onto the app, used Firefox and Safari, both are stuck with different loading problems, so I'm not sure if that is a factor or not.

Not really complaining either way, as its hard to complain about something that is free, except for the 30 seconds it takes to log on and answer a simple question. Here's hoping that the issue is resolved before I miss another day.

[quote name='RuthlessGravity']The app was removed, don't know why but it's not hard to guess.[/QUOTE]

With the whole annual points adjustment thing Bestbuy probably asked themselves "Where are all these points coming from on everyone rewards account?!?! This is going to cut in hard to our profits! HIT THE PANIC BUTTON!!!!" :lol:

Aw crap, and I just got home. Thankfully I did it last night when I heard it was back up, it was a good run BB. Sad to see your FB app go.

Wonder if it'll make a comeback? I mean, quite an odd time to pull it down considering they had that poll up and running already. Pretty sure they might at least bring back the Ultimate Event and whatever that Kitchen/Room/Yaddayadda section

Lol, I can only imagine how many entitled people will bitch at BB now.

I figured something like this would happen eventually, but I hoped it would just be less frequent polls and not the total destruction of the app. Well, now I don't have any reason to shop at Best Buy anymore. Back to Amazon, I guess. lol

I really doubt they will kill this because really, its like 15 dollars a month and thats if you do it every day. Its a good way to get people into the store. They likely make more money doing it.

[quote name='Deader2818']I really doubt they will kill this because really, its like 15 dollars a month and thats if you do it every day. Its a good way to get people into the store. They likely make more money doing it.[/QUOTE]

That's my hope.

I posted on their facebook page saying they probably took the app down because of all the ungrateful bastards whining. they replied and said they are trying to get the app back up. they probably removed it for the time being so people would stop trying to access the app while they are working on it.

I called into the premier silver reward zone CS and apparently they had no idea that anything was going on at their end, meaning there is at least a disconnect between the group that runs the facebook app and the actual reward zone team. I told her that its been all over the main best buy facebook page for about 2 days now. She sounded surprised, then offered me 500 points to compensate for the missed polls which I accpeted. Let's hope its back up by tomorrow; still want to get another $5 toward my pickup of Metal Gear Rising

this was just posted.

Best Buy

Thank you Reward Zone members for your excitement with the Reward Zone Facebook app. We enjoy bringing you a fun experience and new ways to get points.

We understand that the app currently being down is frustrating and apologize for this. We're working to get it back up as soon as we can and thank you for your patience in the meantime.

so looks like its just being fixed and they arent taking it away.

[quote name='Deader2818']Its not being taken down, lol. People need to calm down.[/QUOTE]

b....but everyone else is panicking... so by virtue of the human condition I must panic. It's like receiving an email telling you that if you forward the email to 5 people your true love will kiss you by midnight... only it's life.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's been brought back and you only get 10 points per vote now :([/QUOTE]

App isnt working so don't know if thats true.

[quote name='Deader2818']App isnt working so don't know if thats true.[/QUOTE]

seriously! i wouldnt be surprised if this were the case though. lets all just hope it isnt

I just voted for the day when it worked for me and it only gave me 10 points and the side instructions that usually said 25 points only said 10 points per vote.

Not making this stuff up.

Everyone needs to calm down,This is directly from the Best Buy Facebook page

Thank you Reward Zone members for your excitement with the Reward Zone Facebook app. We enjoy bringing you a fun experience and new ways to get points.

We understand that the app currently being down is frustrating and apologize for this. We're working to get it back up as soon as we can and thank you for your patience in the meantime.

lol.. no one is lacking calm here. the change is only 10 points per vote, just accessed the app again right now to confirm. Once it starts working for everyone it will be confirmed too.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol.. no one is lacking calm here. the change is only 10 points per vote, just accessed the app again right now to confirm. Once it starts working for everyone it will be confirmed too.[/QUOTE]

It's true. I'm currently logged into it right now. It's been changed to 10 points. Worth noting though the Members choice and Ultimate space haven't been updated, here's hoping that it will go back once everything is said and done.

Edit: Wait a minute the poll I'm getting is for the mobile app, which has been discussed before.

The poll is an old poll and will likely be 25 points next time. I can't even do this poll since I did it already in the past.

Sigh, I guess we knew it couldn't last forever. Was fun while it lasted, but I will still rack up points, just at a much slower rate.

Well I went through my rewards history to see if I've gotten the 10 point mobile app poll before. I could have sworn I've have but I'm not seeing anything. So I was going to go back to the app, take it and see if a 25 daily poll would pop up after but now I can't get back into the app.:drool:

[quote name='solidus_00']Well I went through my rewards history to see if I've gotten the 10 point mobile app poll before. I could have sworn I've have but I'm not seeing anything. So I was going to go back to the app, take it and see if a 25 daily poll would pop up after but now I can't get back into the app.:drool:[/QUOTE]

App is down again (maybe to be updated to the latest?). Also I believe this one is the mobile app poll for me --

01/20/2013 Earned Points Facebook - Poll - 10

[quote name='Kanokare']App is down again (maybe to be updated to the latest?). Also I believe this one is the mobile app poll for me --

01/20/2013 Earned Points Facebook - Poll - 10[/QUOTE]

I still dont know how people get the mobile app points.. How do you do it?

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I still dont know how people get the mobile app points.. How do you do it?[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about mobile app points other than that mobile app poll. Never even saw an official statement on it.

no more 25 points I guess...
Looks at his 10 newly gained points.
I feel like I still can't complain
*edit
Members choice resumes the 17th..
*looks over at calendar*

Why does it say:
Premier
Silver Status

I got 25 points by doing the poll this morning. :)
Also, I complained to the CSR's about having my points expire and they gave me 250 back. Now I got:
"Annual maintenance points reimbursement" for 235.
Did I get those points back because I"m "Premier Silver Status"? I'm pretty fucking sure I didn't spend 2k at Best Buy. If I did then I'm buying way more video games there than I realized.

edit:
Just looked. Not only have I not spent $2,000 in the last year but I haven't spent that in the last TWO years added together. Inadvertent Silver member FTW? Wonder if they'll take it away from me?

[quote name='Blaster man']Why does it say:
Premier
Silver Status

I got 25 points by doing the poll this morning. :)
Also, I complained to the CSR's about having my points expire and they gave me 250 back. Now I got:
"Annual maintenance points reimbursement" for 235.
Did I get those points back because I"m "Premier Silver Status"? I'm pretty fucking sure I didn't spend 2k at Best Buy. If I did then I'm buying way more video games there than I realized.[/QUOTE]

ahah nah, practically everyone got a reimbursement. they need to have it corrected.

[quote name='Kanokare']I don't know anything about mobile app points other than that mobile app poll. Never even saw an official statement on it.[/QUOTE]

It is possible to use two Facebook accounts to get points on the same RZ account. So if you wanted to, you could use your account, log out, then use someone else's FB account to get double points. Probably works with the mobile app as well, but I don't use that. Using more than two accounts won't give you more points, by the way. Two is the limit in my experience.

[quote name='Blade']It is possible to use two Facebook accounts to get points on the same RZ account. So if you wanted to, you could use your account, log out, then use someone else's FB account to get double points. Probably works with the mobile app as well, but I don't use that. Using more than two accounts won't give you more points, by the way. Two is the limit in my experience.[/QUOTE]

I feel this poll is already too generous. I can't take advantage of something like this and also risk some sort of ban.

[quote name='Kanokare']I feel this poll is already too generous. I can't take advantage of something like this and also risk some sort of ban.[/QUOTE]

Same. My wife and I have separate RZ accounts and that's more than good enough.

bread's done
Back