Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App: Earn Free Points With Polls and Activities

[quote name='Murderstorm']I can't find the app now can anyone give me a link to it?[/QUOTE]

It just keeps going away/back on the Facebook page, and even if you do get in nothing is working. Just wait till the bugs are fixed.

Interesting. Glad I missed the 10 points thing today. I was able to get in and take the poll around 7 or 8am EST today and got 25 points (which put me at 250 and issued a cert).

[quote name='AZR43L']"An error occurred. Please try again later."[/QUOTE]

Try it again...it will eventually load the app. Might want to make sure you are signed in at the BBY Reward Zone site beforehand.

Is the app gone again? I can't see to access it or find it. I also tried the link a few times that was posted above me and it's not working.

That's stupid if it's only gonna be 10 points a day from now on. that would only earn like $5 a month in certs. That's as bad as Bing with 100MSP every 8 days. I think this is gonna be it for me after I redeem this last time. I'm at 147 right now and I just redeemed on the 17th.

[quote name='strizay']That's stupid if it's only gonna be 10 points a day from now on. that would only earn like $5 a month in certs. That's as bad as Bing with 100MSP every 8 days. I think this is gonna be it for me after I redeem this last time. I'm at 147 right now and I just redeemed on the 17th.[/QUOTE]

Yep they knocked it down to 10 pts, but if I recall last month this exact poll question was asked about BestBuy Mobile app and only gave 10 pts also. They also fix the 2 Facebook double pt loophole, I'm at $45 certs from this promotion. if the polls remain 10pts then I'm cashing out, because $5/month not worth the time.

Also guys heres a thing to consider. Why repost a previous poll? They have posted that same poll before. I know this cause when I log in and try to do the poll, I am unable to submit an answer. They must be doing this because they are still trying to fix the App. Also if the poll was working so should the Member's Choice and the Ultimate Room tab would be working. So for those of you whining about the 10 points, they could still be fixing the App, so dont go bitching about 10 points a day just yet. And if it is 10 points a day from now on....well you are free to not use it anymore.

[quote name='Deader2818']What was the 2 facebook double pt loophole?[/QUOTE]

You can use two FB accounts on your RZ account and get double points for everything. I set mine to auto login on Reward Zone, then I sign in with one FB account, do a poll, sign out, then sign in with another and do the poll again. I have two for myself because I own more than three pages. I tried with my girlfriend's account as a third one, but it didn't give me any points. But you can do everything twice if you use two FB accounts on one RZ membership. I don't know if they've fixed this, but that's what I was doing and I had gotten over $20. I'm surprised nobody else tried it...

Isn't this "new" 10 point poll just an old poll? I can't submit it because it looks like I've already done it. Also it keeps mentioning about February 17 for the Ultimate Room stuff and with the counter still saying over 1 day remaining when it should have opened yesterday. I'm thinking they're still working at fixing their Facebook app and simply restored the app to the last time it was actually working. I still feel that the polls will be worth 25 points once it's back in order.

[quote name='nypickle']Isn't this "new" 10 point poll just an old poll? I can't submit it because it looks like I've already done it. Also it keeps mentioning about February 17 for the Ultimate Room stuff and with the counter still saying over 1 day remaining when it should have opened yesterday. I'm thinking they're still working at fixing their Facebook app and simply restored the app to the last time it was actually working. I still feel that the polls will be worth 25 points once it's back in order.[/QUOTE]

The Ultimate Room worked me for me. It gave 25 points instead of 50 that they gave before, so I'm guessing the 10 points is here to stay. Could be and hopefully am wrong on that, though.

The other section, choose your reward or whatever what it's called still isn't working though.

I find it funny just how much people are whining about it possibly dropping to 10pts per survey per day. That's still the equivalent of making a $10 purchase each day at Best Buy, or ~$300 every month.

But that's not enough free money for some people...

I haven't been able to access the RZ app for two days now. When I try to go into the app, the page just keeps refreshing over and over. For those that have been successful today, what browser are you using?

[quote name='winterlane']I haven't been able to access the RZ app for two days now. When I try to go into the app, the page just keeps refreshing over and over. For those that have been successful today, what browser are you using?[/QUOTE]

Firefox. Did the poll earlier and just finished the kitchen in the ultimate room section.

Is anyone else having trouble applying reward certs to online orders? I have tried with 3 different certs that I know are valid and I get this error message:

Apply Reward Certificates

misc_error.gif
The Certificate Number and Member Number do not match our records for the following Reward Zone Certificates:
The value of your certificates must be less than or equal to your order total, before tax and shipping. Each certificate may be used only once.

[quote name='sp00ge']I find it funny just how much people are whining about it possibly dropping to 10pts per survey per day. That's still the equivalent of making a $10 purchase each day at Best Buy, or ~$300 every month.

But that's not enough free money for some people...[/QUOTE]

This, I want people to choke on their greed.

[quote name='mitch079']Kitchens now saying it will be up in 2 days, after I took it and got 25 points so who knows what's up.[/QUOTE]

The poll is from 2 days ago as well and the other question tab says coming Feb 17th. The found a time machine...

10 points a day now, which sucks but still if I am doing math right you get about $70 a year if it doesnt break again, which is enough for xbl or psn+.

The number of people saying spiteful things on Best Buy's Facebook page due to the point reduction is appalling. I was surprised that they offered 25 points for an easy poll that never took me more than a minute of my day to complete in the first place, so this comes as no shock (the reduction, that is - not the people telling whatever poor Best Buy employee who has to oversee their FB page to go to hell over it).

[quote name='Deserter Goose']The number of people saying spiteful things on Best Buy's Facebook page due to the point reduction is appalling. I was surprised that they offered 25 points for an easy poll that never took me more than a minute of my day to complete in the first place, so this comes as no shock (the reduction, that is - not the people telling whatever poor Best Buy employee who has to oversee their FB page to go to hell over it).[/QUOTE]

Because some people are spoiled little brats who think they are entitled to more things even though they do very little.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Because some people are spoiled little brats who think they are entitled to more things even though they do very little.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't stop them from taking the points though. fucking losers.

I'll just point out once again, like many others have, that the mobile app poll is an old one for like a week and a half ago, maybe more, that was only worth 10 points when it was posted before.

App is clearly still being worked on.

[quote name='strizay']Is anyone else having trouble applying reward certs to online orders? I have tried with 3 different certs that I know are valid and I get this error message:

Apply Reward Certificates

misc_error.gif
The Certificate Number and Member Number do not match our records for the following Reward Zone Certificates:
The value of your certificates must be less than or equal to your order total, before tax and shipping. Each certificate may be used only once.[/QUOTE]

i was able to apply $35 worth of $5 certificates to an online purchase without a problem but i still have a few more certificates that are encountering the same problem as yours.

anyone else having a similar issue?

I agree with the sense of entitlement and all...but also want to point out that they aren't exactly giving away points for "free" since I'm pretty sure the information we're providing through the polls and other activities is being used for customer profiling and marketing as well as being a customer loyalty incentive.

I mean, just look at the Ultimate Room section. Having you select your favorite out of five product options for each appliance is an obvious ploy to market those appliances to you and get you to research them. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of sponsorship deal for those specific products that allows them to award us the 25 points without taking a financial hit themselves or even profit from it.

So, yes, 'tis cool getting points (whether it be 10 or 25), and the sense of entitlement and complaining over a lack of "handouts" is pretty annoying (especially to the extremes people are going to in the facebook comments)...but it IS a symbiotic relationship, and it's not like Best Buy is just giving away the points for free as some sort of altruistic gesture.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Because some people are spoiled little brats who think they are entitled to more things even though they do very little.[/QUOTE]
It is called Freedom of speech. You use it all the time you just crying and name calling just as they are. What has this world come to. :drool:

[quote name='mitch079']Doesn't stop them from taking the points though. fucking losers.[/QUOTE]
I started 2-3 weeks ago did each poll i got 110 points now without even cashing in at all. F this store the time in overall i could have worked that hour for more $. They give then they take...

Kind of lame that it's 10 points now instead of 25 (so 25 days worth of polls for $5, almost a month). Granted, it's still better than nothing and I'll continue to do it. Guess they realized people were taking advantage of it with multiple accounts or something.

[quote name='Zonic505']Kind of lame that it's 10 points now instead of 25 (so 25 days worth of polls for $5, almost a month). Granted, it's still better than nothing and I'll continue to do it. Guess they realized people were taking advantage of it with multiple accounts or something.[/QUOTE]

It was bound to happen, surprised it didn't happen sooner.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']It is called Freedom of speech. You use it all the time you just crying and name calling just as they are. What has this world come to. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Take a government class sometime, "Freedom of Speech" as a right is the guarantee to criticize the government without reprisal, not to be a total d-bag. Sadly you have that right too, but it certainly isn't the point of the first amendment which you are clearly referencing.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I started 2-3 weeks ago did each poll i got 110 points now without even cashing in at all. F this store the time in overall i could have worked that hour for more $. They give then they take...[/QUOTE]

They haven't taken anything. They have simply stopped giving, presumably for a short time while they fix the issues the app is having since they started maintenance on the Reward Zone site in general. The fact they have stopped giving points is not the same as taking away points you have earned. How you, and others fail to understand that is simply beyond me.

I have $10 more in RZ certificates than I did a few weeks ago, so I'm personally thrilled. I guess people just forgot how to appreciate things.

Wow people are actually complaining about this? I am mean seriously how insufferable does a person need to be to complain about something that is basically free. As if the info they get from the polls somehow is your most private darkest secrets. People need to grow up a little.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Wow people are actually complaining about this? I am mean seriously how insufferable does a person need to be to complain about something that is basically free. As if the info they get from the polls somehow is your most private darkest secrets. People need to grow up a little.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that and they are still working out the bugs from the crash. Do you want to spend an Equivalent of $10 at Best Buy just to get 10 RZ Points? So people need to stop complaining about just getting 10 points a day.

I hate when people have an opinion about other people's opinions. This thread is about BB rewards, not about judging people about their views. Please stay on topic.

Heads up: new poll worth 25 points :) looks like the User Poll is back in business, though Ultimate Spaces and Member's Choice aren't fixed (though I took both before the site went haywire)

It is sad to see how entitled some people on here can get. I'm surprised they've continued with it this long: essentially $15 a month not counting bonuses. Yeah it's sad Best Buy keeps screwing up but I see this program as a gift :D

[quote name='black_hand313']Heads up: new poll worth 25 points :) looks like the User Poll is back in business, though Ultimate Spaces and Member's Choice aren't fixed (though I took both before the site went haywire)
[/QUOTE]

Niiiiiice. The mobile app poll was worth 10 points to begin with, so I was assuming that wasn't the new poll. Glad to hear they are still offering the 25 RZ points though. It's really a great service and I agree....the people who are complaining about free stuff are all just sad.

bread's done
Back