Best Buy Reward Zone - free 100 Points for switching to e-mail certs 4/7/08 - 5/03/08

Malik112099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Saw this on Slickdeals

it says it will take up to 24 hrs to reflect on your balance so dont expect it to show up immediatley

Thats right, just log into your account, there should be a link from the homepage regarding getting certificates faster. Click and you will see the promotion, valid 4/7/08 - 5/03/08

For those of you who already have it set to email, simply edit your account profile. Under the My Settings tab choose U.S. mail, save changes and log out. Log back in and you should see the Nascar banner, under it there will be 5 tabs, the Get Certs Faster tab should now appear.

bbiv5.jpg

[quote name='Hostile']Can I still get it if I already had it on e-mail?[/quote]

your answer is in the OP

[quote name='guyver2077']this has been on the site for quite some time..i must of gotten these 100 points months ago[/quote]

The only other 100 points I knew of was the Birthday points

[quote name='Malik112099']The only other 100 points I knew of was the Birthday points[/quote]

I never got 100 points for my birthday :whistle2:(

instead they gave me some crappy coupon for triple points that's only eligible on expensive stuff I wouldn't buy anyways

OK so all you have to do is change the e-mail pref. to U.S. Mail pref, log out, log back in, then change it BACK to E-mail pref once you've clicked on that banner above that says "CHANGE PREFERENCES"? and 24 hours later 100 points will appear on your statement? we'll see if this works...will report my findings in 24+ hours :whistle2:D

Worked for me. Just did the ol' switcheroo. Thanks OP!

[quote name='M3wThr33']Also. How long do purchases stay pending for?[/quote]

30 days.

Would it work the other way? I have them mailed, but could I switch to e-mail then switch back to regular mail? There's just something I like about having an actual coupon sent to me since my printer sucks, but 100 points would be nice.

I had it set already, lets see if they give me those 100 points. Certainly think I should get them, after all I am doing what they want me to do.

This is odd, it's been well over 24 hours and no change in point total. I tried it again in IE, let's see what happens.

[quote name='dg7md']This is odd, it's been well over 24 hours and no change in point total. I tried it again in IE, let's see what happens.[/quote]

its been over 2 days and mine hasnt changed

OP you might want to hide your name and membership number, unless that's not your account showing in the pic. Not sure if anyone could hack into your account but you never know.

i contacted CS and they emailed back saying it would take 72 hours....i sent another email yesterday saying it had already been 5 days...lets see what they reply with tomorrow

I got my points right away when I switched to email. Two second later I switched back to mailing and I still got to keep the 100 points.

[quote name='chicagoz']I had to change my email address to a non-free one, also. But I signed up. Hopefully I'll get my points soon. Thanks OP![/quote]

It took awhile but I was able to change it back to email without needing to change my email address listed.

Malik,

I am Daniel with Best Buy Customer Care.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your Reward Zone account. I
will be more than glad to assist you.
I consider those extra points should have been posted immediately and
they didn't. I will manually adjust your balance with 500 points for the
inconveniences. Your case ID regarding this inquiry is XXXXXXXX. Your
balance should be updated shortly.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for
your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Daniel
Best Buy Customer Care Team

[quote name='Malik112099']Malik,

I am Daniel with Best Buy Customer Care.

Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your Reward Zone account. I
will be more than glad to assist you.
I consider those extra points should have been posted immediately and
they didn't. I will manually adjust your balance with 500 points for the
inconveniences. Your case ID regarding this inquiry is XXXXXXXX. Your
balance should be updated shortly.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for
your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Daniel
Best Buy Customer Care Team[/quote]

Ummm whut?

[quote name='Malik112099']my 500 still hasn't been applied...I'll give it 2 days and then email them back...[/quote]

Watch them say they'll add another 500.

[quote name='OzCatter']With this and my dad randomly using my card for his new laptop, I'm almost to $20 card![/quote]

Lucky you man... Barely anyone in my family shops at BB and I don't buy many games there because it's just not practical for me.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Lucky you man... Barely anyone in my family shops at BB and I don't buy many games there because it's just not practical for me.[/quote]

Neither do I but thankfully my mom uses my card a bit while buying different things for her job, tends to boost me quite a bit.

If a few more of these points kick in from recent purchases and the 100 points reflects, I'm going to use the $20 on my Dual Shock 3

just checked my account again and it turns out that they went ahead and applied the 100pts even after CS gave me 500 pts....so I ended up with 600 pts for this!

bread's done
Back