Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club changing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got this email:

The game is changing. New benefits. New rewards.
It's a whole new way to play the game.

Reward Zone® Gamers Club is leveling up. On September 12, 2011,
you will begin earning double points on new game software, including
digital content and accessories purchases. Plus, for $14.99 per year,
you can join the optional paid level—Gamers Club Unlocked—where
you'll enjoy access to even greater benefits: REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB
• A free subscription to @Gamer, the exclusive gaming magazine

• 10% off all pre-owned software purchases

• 10% bonus credit on trade-in software

• Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers
Between now and September 11, 2011, you will continue to earn 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or BestBuy.com®.

Then on September 12, 2011, you'll automatically be part of the new Reward Zone Gamers Club. And you'll have the opportunity to visit a Best Buy store and 'level up' to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

All this plus the Reward Zone points you earn every day for nearly all your Best Buy purchases, including gaming hardware. For the latest Reward Zone Gamers Club information, visit MyRZ.com.

I'm not sure if the doubling points thing actually benefits us. The way it's worded, it sounds like they'll be getting rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 in game purchases. Which means double point purchases is actually a downgrade since we'll get 300 points instead of 500 points for every $150 spent.

The $15 a year thing is the same price as a @Gamer magazine subscription right now. Not sure if the 10% saved on trade ins and preowned games would be worth it enough.

I've got points that should put me over the 250 and gamer 150 but they won't clear until the 13th (of course). We'll see if I get screwed out of $15. Gonna take a screen around the day before for security

Oops. I asked this in the wrong thread:

I remember thinking to myself "Gotta get to 250 pts by sept 1."

The question is, WHY?

Are they wiping out your balance in sept? Was there a reason I needed to get to 250?

Is today the last day for the "old system"?
My account info is the following - should I rush out and buy some games?
I've spent:
$116
Still need:
$34

I have 145 total points.

[quote name='confoosious']Oops. I asked this in the wrong thread:

The question is, WHY?

Are they wiping out your balance in sept? Was there a reason I needed to get to 250?[/QUOTE]
I would start with reading POST #1:applause::applause: just a thought

I am not sure if it is just the San Diego BB's but there selection of used games is really poor, like really poor. I won't see any point in getting the premium membership beyond maybe the coupons. I at least got over the $150 limit to get one more 500 point bonus.

Gotta spend $40 on gaming stuff in the next 10 days...and then I can stick with Amazon and Steam for my gaming needs.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']I am not sure if it is just the San Diego BB's but there selection of used games is really poor, like really poor. I won't see any point in getting the premium membership beyond maybe the coupons. I at least got over the $150 limit to get one more 500 point bonus.[/QUOTE]

It's weird, I've no idea what black hole all the games are going into. I realize they "hold" them for like 30 days, but I'd think there would be a lot more games at the stores at this point.

I can confirm that on Sept. 12th the 150 bonus gamer points will be done. There will still be gamer points, the RZ rep said, but they will just be doubled and there will be no 150 point mark for a bonus. That makes it sound like there is no point to separate gamer points to me, but whatever. Spoke with a rep with problems I'm having with gamer points not posting. She gave me the weak excuse that it's because they are getting ready to switch over to the new program where those points will be doubled. I explained to her how that was actually worse and that those points (dating back to mid July) should be added to my gamer points in addition to the regular rewards points...which can be doubled if that's what they are doing. She offered me 500 points for my trouble, so it's all good, but they really are making a mess out of this program.

I'm still waiting for my $10 certificate to be issued, which I'm starting to think that they are going to jack me on this, again. It's been a month since the last points needed were posted. Plus, they've done this to me twice already.

Hate to bump but I would like a subscription to the thread and know exactly when I subscribed to it...

Anyhow, never got the email... and while I'm not going to get my hopes up the email as seen in the OP does seem a bit vague in how things work... Maybe will see its not such a bad change after September 15. :)

[quote name='sgaldis']I wonder how they're going to pull off this whole 'going back to June 1st and giving you double points'? I have quite a few transactions since then, and I want to make sure it shows up.[/QUOTE]you should see them in your account w/i 3-5 days from the 12th.

[quote name='Alex121006']i dont get it ? you guys are saying that the 250 points from the reguler reward zone is going to be easy to get now because those points are going to be dobble now ? so what happends to just gamer points by them selfs ? because when you look at your reward zone online it shows U the gaming items purchesed (icon) and normal items purchesed. what exactly are we paying $15 dollars for ? just the stupid 10% off or for what ??? do we hsve a option to just keep some kind of reward zone without paying ? are we just paying for gamers rewardzone or all of rewardzone ? some one please explain??[/QUOTE]You gotta lot of ?'s
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub
you can stay in the free RZ but the 10% off, @gamer mag, exclusive deals/coupons won't be included. The mag pays for itself usually in 2 issues but those of us who already got subs now paid $15 for 2 yrs of mags instead of 1.

[quote name='Jodou']Still not worth it. I've yet to see one incredible flip deal or free game from these coupons. GoW doesn't count because you still had to deal with pre-orders. Speaking of, flipping to BB is also worthless, since mine never carries the Amazon kindle GC and any net gain would be lost on their overpriced games. I suspect the exclusive offers will be garbage.[/QUOTE]Your eyes don't work, Batman AA GOTY, AC:B, DA2 were $15 long before anyplace had them for close to $20. NFS HP2 $20, TDU2 $10, GoW triple pack was either free or $10(pre-order fully refundable) Dungeon Siege III $25, Resistance 2 pk $15, MX vs ATV $25, $20 Yakuza 4, $20 Bulletstorm, Heavy Rain $13, Demon's Soul $7.50 the 50% off used game coupon was great for flips too you could've paid off the 5 for $100 deal using 1 months mags for new/used deals.

[quote name='Jodou']Then factor in tax, MSRP vs Amazon price & $10-$20 credits and you made: fuck all. If you're really going to work the margins, then the only viable flips are from BB to Amazon. Now if you're saying you bought Kindle cards, then it worked out for you for sure. I can't seem to find a single store with these fabled cards, so to hell with it.[/QUOTE]Fam the more you post the more you expose yourself as a rookie/novice...even with tax my RZ silver status has been extended primarily thru games which I got mostly on day 1 but only paid $40+ tax w/$10 or more credit. Just this week if you jumped on the Madden deal you would've paid $45 + tax day 1 & could've got $42 TIV but if you were "unlocked" it jumps to $45. Add the 50% trade in deal too w/the unlocked it jumps to $48 & this could be a 5 for $100 title. Name the top 2-3 titles each month from this yr alone I bet I got a better deals(cheap price + credit) at BB than most retailers online included.

[quote name='Ronin317']I wonder if they'll continue to do the 500pt pre-order offers for just the unlocked or if they'll be for all RZGC members...[/QUOTE]these offers draw in the casual market they've already been confirmed to remain the same but you could see coupons allowing you to make other titles come with the $10 pre-order however those would ONLY come to "unlocked" members.

[quote name='DerClaw']How do you get the "unlocked" deal? I mean, if it comes with the magazine and it's been taking so long to get the magazine? [/QUOTE]just scan the coupon in-store.

[quote name='confoosious']Oops. I asked this in the wrong thread:
The question is, WHY?
Are they wiping out your balance in sept? Was there a reason I needed to get to 250?[/QUOTE]you want to stack as many points as possible to build you meter so you get all the stuff to stack with 2X points plus get another $10 for spending $150 on gaming.

[quote name='handsomepete']Has there been any word if the 10% additional trade in credit will stack with other promos or if it's one or the other?[/QUOTE]it stacks per Kyle, sent me a pm said it was ok to post it. So a 50% trade in offer would jump to 60% if your "unlocked".

[quote name='Blaster man']Is today the last day for the "old system"?[/QUOTE]you have till the 12th.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I can confirm that on Sept. 12th the 150 bonus gamer points will be done. There will still be gamer points, the RZ rep said, but they will just be doubled and there will be no 150 point mark for a bonus. That makes it sound like there is no point to separate gamer points to me, but whatever. Spoke with a rep with problems I'm having with gamer points not posting. She gave me the weak excuse that it's because they are getting ready to switch over to the new program where those points will be doubled. I explained to her how that was actually worse and that those points (dating back to mid July) should be added to my gamer points in addition to the regular rewards points...which can be doubled if that's what they are doing. She offered me 500 points for my trouble, so it's all good, but they really are making a mess out of this program.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for comfirming it going to stick to Amazon 100% now. Between that and the fact that it seems to get harder and harder to find anything that doesn't include Call of Duty in the title Best Buy has become more of an irritant store than useful much like Gamestop actually.

So basically, instead of 150$ spent = $5 on top of whatever normal reward zone points you get ($3), now $150 = 300 pts = $6?

Someone check my math but we're getting screwed outta $2.

[quote name='Enuf']Name the top 2-3 titles each month from this yr alone I bet I got a better deals(cheap price + credit) at BB than most retailers online included.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha, I very much doubt that.

And I fail to see how breaking even on Madden towards a 5 for $100 deal is pro. If you're not making a return on the original investment, then you're the rookie.

It's been almost 2 months and I haven't gotten my lost best buy credit card in the mail yet. They're really dropping the ball on this and I guess BB doesn't want my business.

I am new to reward zone points. Does the purchase with gift card count towards the reward zone points? I used the trade-in gift card for a bunch game purchases and these purchases didn't earn points for me. Thanks a lot ahead.

[quote name='foreinter']I am new to reward zone points. Does the purchase with gift card count towards the reward zone points? I used the trade-in gift card for a bunch game purchases and these purchases didn't earn points for me. Thanks a lot ahead.[/QUOTE]

Using a gift card for payment, you will not earn points.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Using a gift card for payment, you will not earn points.[/QUOTE]

This sucks since I did a lot of trade-ins getting gift cards

[quote name='Jodou']Hahaha, I very much doubt that.
And I fail to see how breaking even on Madden towards a 5 for $100 deal is pro. If you're not making a return on the original investment, then you're the rookie.[/QUOTE] Lets start with one of the busiest months;
1-I got MK for $30 w/$20 credit($10 gc + $10 pre-order)($10 value)
2-Portal 2 $35 w/$25 credit($15 gc + $10 pre-order)($10 value)
3-Used stacked credit to make the $150 Socom 4 FDE $60 outta pocket + $20 credit($10 gc +$10 pre-order)($40 value) even if you just got in straightup it would've been $150 + $30 credit($10 gc +$10 pre-order +$10 for spending $150 on games)
Had all of them on release when the TIV is the highest & even with tax(6%) there were NO BETTER DEALS any place else.

As for Madden once again your inexperience shows,
1-If you get back what you pay + $20 credit, your up +$20 credit
2-1 outta of 5 games down for the 5 for $100 RZ
3-You can pm the $45 down further to get more money back
4-You can use the $45 towards your next $60($15 + tax outta pocket) 5 for $100 RZ game so that's 2 games effected or any other game
5-45 base RZ points + 2X points + 25% silver bonus + ($150-$45=$105 needed to earn another $10 RZ credit), RZMC benefits & -$45 needed to become RZ silver

Some "pro" you are

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I guess I need to start reading every thread. I just signed up for a year of @gamer today. I guess it's okay, the FAQs say that we will get some sort of letter w/ voucher (just wont be in the magazine like the people who signed up for @gamer beforehand). I just couldnt justify spending another $5 for a magazine, when i could get 12 mos. for 10$ more. Oh well ^^ Good thing, I guess, since i was at like 146/150.

[quote name='dyeknom']Ugh, I guess I need to start reading every thread. I just signed up for a year of @gamer today. I guess it's okay, the FAQs say that we will get some sort of letter w/ voucher (just wont be in the magazine like the people who signed up for @gamer beforehand). I just couldnt justify spending another $5 for a magazine, when i could get 12 mos. for 10$ more. Oh well ^^ Good thing, I guess, since i was at like 146/150.[/QUOTE]

One "year" of a subscription is only 10 issues.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']One "year" of a subscription is only 10 issues.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I know. "12 mos." is not intended to be "12 more" ... but 12 months. I know they have a 10 issue cycle.

I need some help. I was trying to calculate how much more I need to spend to get the 150 gamer bonus points before Sept 12 and it says that I have spent $35, but have 2 transactions pending - one for $27 and one for $44. Do they double the points into the gamer bonus points so that I need to do nothing but wait for the transactions to post, or do I still need to spend $44? I have tried to see how they have been doing the points, but can't tell and wasn't really paying attention prior to them shutting down the gamer bonus points thing. Any help would be great.

[quote name='megma42']I need some help. I was trying to calculate how much more I need to spend to get the 150 gamer bonus points before Sept 12 and it says that I have spent $35, but have 2 transactions pending - one for $27 and one for $44. Do they double the points into the gamer bonus points so that I need to do nothing but wait for the transactions to post, or do I still need to spend $44? I have tried to see how they have been doing the points, but can't tell and wasn't really paying attention prior to them shutting down the gamer bonus points thing. Any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

U need to spend $150, not earn 150 points.

[quote name='megma42']I need some help. I was trying to calculate how much more I need to spend to get the 150 gamer bonus points before Sept 12 and it says that I have spent $35, but have 2 transactions pending - one for $27 and one for $44. Do they double the points into the gamer bonus points so that I need to do nothing but wait for the transactions to post, or do I still need to spend $44? I have tried to see how they have been doing the points, but can't tell and wasn't really paying attention prior to them shutting down the gamer bonus points thing. Any help would be great.[/QUOTE]It's a glitchy system have you returned/exchanged/price matched anything in the last 35-45 days? Are you a RZ silver member(the 25% bonus points could effect your reg. RZ point total? To be honest, I'd say spend the $45 wait till the 2X points total & see where your counter is at. You should be $1 above the $10 RZ cert if not you'll be able to see what changed. You'll still be able to return the $45 purchase if needed so no loss.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I can confirm that on Sept. 12th the 150 bonus gamer points will be done. There will still be gamer points, the RZ rep said, but they will just be doubled and there will be no 150 point mark for a bonus. That makes it sound like there is no point to separate gamer points to me, but whatever. Spoke with a rep with problems I'm having with gamer points not posting. She gave me the weak excuse that it's because they are getting ready to switch over to the new program where those points will be doubled. I explained to her how that was actually worse and that those points (dating back to mid July) should be added to my gamer points in addition to the regular rewards points...which can be doubled if that's what they are doing. She offered me 500 points for my trouble, so it's all good, but they really are making a mess out of this program.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem with "500 Gamers bonus points" recently earned but not credited as points or certificates for months. A rep initially told me earlier this summer they could take 5-6 months possibly to post, but a call this week resulted in a 500-point Customer Satisfaction credit on top of my pending points, somehow pushing the 1000-point total to finally process the next day. Guess I'm pleased?

As for where the Gamer Bonus Points bar for $150 in qualifying purchases is located, try this URL after you log in to MyRZ.com or wherever (you know where):

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/account/pointsandpurchases/

Thanks for the answered questions, fellow CAGs! :)

[quote name='megma42']I need some help. I was trying to calculate how much more I need to spend to get the 150 gamer bonus points before Sept 12 and it says that I have spent $35, but have 2 transactions pending - one for $27 and one for $44. Do they double the points into the gamer bonus points so that I need to do nothing but wait for the transactions to post, or do I still need to spend $44? I have tried to see how they have been doing the points, but can't tell and wasn't really paying attention prior to them shutting down the gamer bonus points thing. Any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

It's spend $150 to get 500 bonus points... Bonus eligibility is calculated based on dollars spent, not on points earned. The "double points" offer is irrelevant when it comes to calculating the bonus availability. So yes, you'll need to spend another $44 to get the bonus.

How's this for a kick in the balls? According to my info, I've spent $149, meaning that I still need to spend $1 to get my bonus points. There aren't even any games that I really want right now, and for anything that I'd even consider, I'd end up spending way more than the bonus just to get it. :roll:

So, will I still get the $10 bonus certificate/500 bonus points on purchases if they are made before September 11th (but not posted yet).

Like, I just bought an Xbox and other stuff, ~400 bucks. So, in theory, I should get 2 $10 certs. But they haven't posted yet, because they were bought last weekend.. -_-

like most of you I've been trying to figure out what I needed to spend to get the most of the $150 bonus before it leaves, and I find it extremely hard since things are delayed in posting (plus my RZMC is the only CC I use) my account showed I needed $42, to get to $150 so:

I placed an order for something MK:Kollectors Edition but it never posted, I've got things pending but thats it.

I wanted to know how Pre-Orders would be counted? I know hat Duex Ex had a bonus 500 (which i was entitled too) and Ghost Recon future fighter also has a bonus 500pts (I was gonna order it too) so I went to ask some questions in the BB forums and someone had asked a similiar question and a BB rep had posted that all qualifying purchases 'pre-orders' incl. would count if made before 9/12

[quote name='plutoknight']So, will I still get the $10 bonus certificate/500 bonus points on purchases if they are made before September 11th (but not posted yet).

Like, I just bought an Xbox and other stuff, ~400 bucks. So, in theory, I should get 2 $10 certs. But they haven't posted yet, because they were bought last weekend.. -_-[/QUOTE]

Which they wont, until 35 days after you bought them, and by then the new system will be in place and its anyone's guess if you get the points or the new system takes over and you wont.

My guess (and that's all it is, a guess) would be that all purchases up to the deadline should count, even if they're listed as "pending". The way that they've worded it indicates that purchases made up up until the cut-off date will count. If they suddenly try not to count them, they're going to be dealing with a lot of very unhappy customers. That's the sort of thing that even turns into a class-action lawsuit (not saying that I would be calling for that -- doesn't matter that much to me personally -- but it could happen).

[quote name='arcane93']My guess (and that's all it is, a guess) would be that all purchases up to the deadline should count, even if they're listed as "pending". The way that they've worded it indicates that purchases made up up until the cut-off date will count. If they suddenly try not to count them, they're going to be dealing with a lot of very unhappy customers. That's the sort of thing that even turns into a class-action lawsuit (not saying that I would be calling for that -- doesn't matter that much to me personally -- but it could happen).[/QUOTE]

Rocvk revolution is cheap f they still have a copy. PSP games are relatively cheap. I picked up a black label final fantasy for 8.99 after 10% off coupon. I figured it was worth it, since I am going to get $10 back in certs from the 500 pt bonus.

[quote name='shadowkast']Isn't it in January when our points reset? Why not just start this new program then!?[/QUOTE]

So they don't have to give out extra Gamers Club RZ certs for the big Fall rush of games.

[quote name='evophile']So they don't have to give out extra Gamers Club RZ certs for the big Fall rush of games.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

I just went over the 150.00 to earn 500 points, but it's showing up as a "points adjustment" with nothing under amount or points. I don't think I ever noticed this before, what gives?

[quote name='seanr1221']I just went over the 150.00 to earn 500 points, but it's showing up as a "points adjustment" with nothing under amount or points. I don't think I ever noticed this before, what gives?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me...I called several times to report wacky point postings as well... I guess it's a bigger glitch that requires manual adjustments per notifications...in other words if you don't tell them they won't know about it.

Has anyone ever tried to trade-in a Not For Resale game to Best Buy? I have the TW 2012 from the move bundle that I really want to trade in...

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has anyone ever tried to trade-in a Not For Resale game to Best Buy? I have the TW 2012 from the move bundle that I really want to trade in...[/QUOTE]

Just take the insert out and they will look up the video game name in their system.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Same thing happened to me...I called several times to report wacky point postings as well... I guess it's a bigger glitch that requires manual adjustments per notifications...in other words if you don't tell them they won't know about it.[/QUOTE]

dont worry bud. This happened to me a few months back as well. But it just means that they're in the process of approving your reward certificate. I dont remember how long I had to wait, but at the end I was given a $10 rewards certificate.

Do consoles count towards the 500 points for every $150 gamers club deal? If yes, I may have to get one sooner than later.

Thanks.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Do consoles count towards the 500 points for every $150 gamers club deal? If yes, I may have to get one sooner than later.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, consoles dont count towards the spend $150 get a $10 cert promotion, you get normal points only, provided you pay with cash or CC.

Not sure if this was asked, but do you have to call or subscribe to anything new to have our existing points doubled (from June)? Thanks

Well I got 2 purchases that finally started to pend, but my gamers club meter didn't change or add the 500 bonus. I have screen prints, so I am not too worried, but the system is definitely lagging (purchases were from Friday).

[quote name='slowdive21']Well I got 2 purchases that finally started to pend, but my gamers club meter didn't change or add the 500 bonus. I have screen prints, so I am not too worried, but the system is definitely lagging (purchases were from Friday).[/QUOTE]

Yours says points adjustment in orange too?

[quote name='WV Matsui']Has anyone ever tried to trade-in a Not For Resale game to Best Buy? I have the TW 2012 from the move bundle that I really want to trade in...[/QUOTE]

There is an entire thread about Best Buy Trade Ins where this has been answered a million times, but ultimately yes, you can. All they need is the disc, and some people remove the artwork "so it is less of an issue" but I've never had an issue since they knew to just look up the game.

I was actually $10 short of the $150 for the bonus points just as the $10 coupon for Brink/Hunted started. Nice timing. My Gamer's club marker is back to the start and I'm just waiting for them to credit the 500 bonus points they already have pending/point adjustment. Since a few of the gamer's club purchases are still pending I imagine it'll be at least another 20-30 days.

This is going to sound weird, but if you used BB gift cards from trade ins to buy a visa gift card and then used that to buy games, would you still get points? I have to imagine it treats the visa gift cards like a regular credit card in the RZ system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back