Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club changing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got this email:

The game is changing. New benefits. New rewards.
It's a whole new way to play the game.

Reward Zone® Gamers Club is leveling up. On September 12, 2011,
you will begin earning double points on new game software, including
digital content and accessories purchases. Plus, for $14.99 per year,
you can join the optional paid level—Gamers Club Unlocked—where
you'll enjoy access to even greater benefits: REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB
• A free subscription to @Gamer, the exclusive gaming magazine

• 10% off all pre-owned software purchases

• 10% bonus credit on trade-in software

• Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers
Between now and September 11, 2011, you will continue to earn 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or BestBuy.com®.

Then on September 12, 2011, you'll automatically be part of the new Reward Zone Gamers Club. And you'll have the opportunity to visit a Best Buy store and 'level up' to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

All this plus the Reward Zone points you earn every day for nearly all your Best Buy purchases, including gaming hardware. For the latest Reward Zone Gamers Club information, visit MyRZ.com.

I'm not sure if the doubling points thing actually benefits us. The way it's worded, it sounds like they'll be getting rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 in game purchases. Which means double point purchases is actually a downgrade since we'll get 300 points instead of 500 points for every $150 spent.

The $15 a year thing is the same price as a @Gamer magazine subscription right now. Not sure if the 10% saved on trade ins and preowned games would be worth it enough.

My coupon redemption isn't showing up either.
I'm about ready to just let them keep it. Nothing with BB ever goes smoothly and I'm not sure the hoops one has to go through are worth the low rewards.

So, i went through the whole run around...had to go through the process 3 times...first, they didnt scan brochure, second time they didnt scan my rz card, and third time it finally got done right...had to go to 3 different stores...and don't bother calling customer support, no one there has a clue about what gamers club unlocked is, let alone gamers club. hoping the eventual 'exclusive' deals were worth this up front nightmare

I went to BB and redid the unlocked thing. The gaming staff scanned my reward zone first, then the barcode on brochure, and the coupon. Everything is working well and now my status is unlocked. Thank a lot for the people providing the useful information at this thread.

Yeah, I took my receipt back in and brought a brochure up to customer service and told them that they only scanned the coupon last week. Took all of 2 minutes for her to get everything fixed and by the time I got home my RZ account showed the Unlocked membership activated.

rewardzone.jpg
JediJames2 posted earlier. Basically nothing changed, but the RZ Gamers Club Unlocked message. The date was also removed recently.

[quote name='doubledown']I signed up for the UNLOCKED thing. Two questions:
2. Was I supposed to get a FREE issue of @Gamer magazine when I signed up? I was a NEW member, never had the magazine before.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I asked the guy signing me up about it and he said he had forgotten & handed me one.

[quote name='argyle']Yes. I asked the guy signing me up about it and he said he had forgotten & handed me one.[/QUOTE]
Really? I didn't get a copy of the mag either.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, a copy of the most recent mag is included[/QUOTE]
Damn, back to BB for the fourth time this week. Can these guys do anything right? :roll:

[quote name='Kanokare']
rewardzone.jpg
JediJames2 posted earlier. Basically nothing changed, but the RZ Gamers Club Unlocked message. The date was also removed recently.[/QUOTE]

thanks. as suspected, they screwed up and now I will have to go to BB again.

[quote name='confoosious']Chalk up another failure trying to unlock tonight.[/QUOTE]

Same here, 20 mins talking to CS last night, and the guy couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I did get a 10$ certificate for my troubles however.

My account magically went to unlocked around 6AM this morning. Had been trying to for days to get it fixed. I guess someone went in and started seeing who had subscriptions that weren't working.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Me too confoosious.

Could you please post your progress?[/QUOTE]

I just sent them an email via RZ site. I don't have time this week to go to BB again.

I think we have until 10/1 to use that unlock coupon.

[quote name='confoosious']I just sent them an email via RZ site. I don't have time this week to go to BB again.

I think we have until 10/1 to use that unlock coupon.[/QUOTE]
Oh crappy. I didn't even know there was a deadline on the coupon, so thanks for the heads up dude. I will get right on this as well since it is time sensitive.

Anyone here who didn't have the coupon (from being a previous subscriber of @gamer) and signed up for RZGC Unlocked and have yet to see it on the Reward Zone site?

Signed up on the 13th and have yet to see anything though my transaction is showing.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Anyone here who didn't have the coupon (from being a previous subscriber of @gamer) and signed up for RZGC Unlocked and have yet to see it on the Reward Zone site?

Signed up on the 13th and have yet to see anything though my transaction is showing.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. Did you get a packet with 4 stickers as mentioned in the FAQ's?

Will I receive a new card that says Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked?
No, but Reward Zone Gamers Club Members will receive a welcome packet that includes 4 stickers. These stickers can be placed on your current Reward Zone Card to identify your membership within the Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked.

I didn't get one when I signed up. I'm hoping when I come back to BB they will know about it, and give it to me.

Looks like I will have to go back to Best Buy to try and get my Unlocked Status & get my magazine. I sent a message to the RZ Helpdesk and have yet to hear back. I believe it says 72 hours, and I am getting close to that point. Best Buy botched this whole Unlocked and Game Trade-In thing. I assume if I bitch enough, I should get something for my trouble.

MY issues
1. No unlocked status
2. Took an hour to trade in 8 games....then they called me back to come BACK IN since they screwed up my trade in so they had to redo it.
3. No magazine...

Good ol' Best Buy. They also screwed up my RZ purchase with the wrong amount. I bought a Touchpad that was $399 and used a $50 Gift Card, so it was $374 after taxes. I returned it to get the $99 price and they have $424 as my return, so I will lose $50 in RZ points now. I sent a message almost a month ago on that....no answer. I suppose I should call the SILVER Helpdesk.

[quote name='ceve2001']I'm in the same boat as you. Did you get a packet with 4 stickers as mentioned in the FAQ's?

Will I receive a new card that says Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked?
No, but Reward Zone Gamers Club Members will receive a welcome packet that includes 4 stickers. These stickers can be placed on your current Reward Zone Card to identify your membership within the Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked.

I didn't get one when I signed up. I'm hoping when I come back to BB they will know about it, and give it to me.[/QUOTE]
Nope no packet. Maybe it will come when the next mag ships or something.

Well, I just got back to a computer from work tonight, but I wanted to report that when you properly get your Unlocked status (scan barcode in brochure, scan coupon, scan RZ card) you can also get another copy of the magazine for free, as well, it will all package out. Making a quick glance through this thread, it looks like someone mentioned it, but I just wanted to double-confirm it.

I had actually walked over to grab a copy of the mag while one of the managers was ringing it up, and she had already completed the transaction by the time I got back. I told her I thought the mag would package out for free with the other stuff, and also said it was no big deal, but she had no problem doing a quick post void, then re-ringing everything with the @gamer copy included. Great service.

I figure it couldn't hurt to have another set of coupons on hand. I went to grab Brink and H:TDF last week with my first coupon, but TDF was out of stock, so I had to settle for a $10 Brink.

Odd, when I signed for the Gamer Unlocked I asked the associate if he was supposed to give me a mag like they do at Gamestop when you sign up, but he said no it was supposed to arrive in the mail. Was I just jipped out of a mag?

Most likely jipped yeah. I know most stores have been giving it when you get the coupon going. It's supposed to be just how we got it before. Got our first in store along with the subscription.

Gotta love Best Buy customer service. (Don't bother emailing them.)

I’m sorry about this; Sometimes this things flip from us. Did you tried to contact gamerz club customer service number? If not, Please contact them at 1-800-678-3646. This is the number and they will help you wit this situation.

In case you have any other concern, please feel free to contact me back or call at 1-888-237-8289.

Thank you,

edit: the phone number above isn't correct. Now I'm on hold via regular bb rz and it's a 20 minute wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musicjunkie']Anyone here who didn't have the coupon (from being a previous subscriber of @gamer) and signed up for RZGC Unlocked and have yet to see it on the Reward Zone site?

Signed up on the 13th and have yet to see anything though my transaction is showing.[/QUOTE]
It showed up the day after I signed up.

Got some input today at my store.

I went in and asked if I'm unlocked, doesn't say I am. I bought the subscription on 8/31.

I expressed concern, so the kind guy went and called it in for me. He was told by the unlocked rep on the phone that there are many who haven't received their unlocked coupon in the mail. I was also informed that I am on the mailing list for the coupon. The other interesting bit is that the deadline is not 10/1, but is now 10/29.

There is an extension due to incompetence.

Good experience. He even got me my R3 code on the spot. Thanks Gage!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Got some input today at my store.

I went in and asked if I'm unlocked, doesn't say I am. I bought the subscription on 8/31.

I expressed concern, so the kind guy went and called it in for me. He was told by the unlocked rep on the phone that there are many who haven't received their unlocked coupon in the mail. I was also informed that I am on the mailing list for the coupon. The other interesting bit is that the deadline is not 10/1, but is now 10/29.

There is an extension due to incompetence. [/QUOTE]

Actually, the coupon has always been good until 10/29. Don't know where you got 10/1.

But, I can't argue on BB's general incompetence.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I thought someone said it expires 10/1???

Boy don't I feel like an idiot.[/QUOTE]

They did. It was a guess though.

[quote name='confoosious']I just sent them an email via RZ site. I don't have time this week to go to BB again.

I think we have until 10/1 to use that unlock coupon.[/QUOTE]

it's 10/29. I already corrected myself.

Also, I've been transferred and put on hold for over an hour already and hung up on 3 times. God I fucking hate Best Buy.

Yep. Didn't want to say it was you confoosious. I didn't read the correction, so my mistake.

Keep us informed of your BB adventure. My store guy told me my unlocked coupon would be mailed to me. We shall see.

FINALLY spoke to someone competent and she's gonna look into it and get back to me. Even gave me a case number.

This is in contrast to the 4 other idiots who kept transferring me to dead ends.

I was practically begging this lady to not transfer me again. (I wouldve popped a blood vessel.)

what I don't understand is why those of us with subscriptions have to go into the store to unlock it anyway. Yes, I know, they want us to go to the store so we might buy something but since half the employees don't know wtf unlocked is, it's been more negative than good for them. They should just unlock everyone with a sub. It's not like they don't know our RZ numbers.

Holding off on turning in the coupon until mid-October or at least when the next magazine is out. Really hoping it has some better coupons since we're moving into the holiday season ... no more shovelware coupons for games like Brink or Hunted (I know, they could have been far worse games but lets be honest, they're trying to dump stock on two poorly selling, poorly reviewed games).

After speaking to 5 or six people last week, a rep offered to just send me a $20 GC because he said it was less work than trying to straighten it out. I actually did manage to get it fixed in store but have not received the GC yet.

I was one of those that had only my coupon scanned when I took it in on 9/12 so I went in today I was able to go through it with the CS rep. She went and got the brochure and took my receipt and it appears everything is right. I have the $14.99 on the receipt, the coupon is applied and my RZ # is there. So far (4 hours ago) it is not on the website yet. Anyone have an idea the turnaround time for that?

On an off topic note. I had an issue with some touchstones I ordered where I had to cancel some back ordered folio cases. It removed a 20% off promo. Essentially it credited me with 40 points and then took 65 points from me (even though I used a GC). This was the second time I called in 2 weeks since they never fixed it. Today I just said to the rep I did not care about the 25 points but I just wanted to know why the heck some GC apply and some don't. Anyway, I think she thought I said 250 points because she then said I will just credit your account 250 and sure enough it was there 1 hour later. THE END:whee:

Not to be repetitive, but what is the brochure that everyone is talking about that needs scanning? I tried to unlock at a store yesterday and they were all clueless. They just scanned my Gamer unlock coupon and my Reward Zone ID and said that should work. I even told them that I thought there was something else they needed to scan based on this thread. So what exactly is this brochure and how do I get it for them to scan? Thanks

There is a brochure detailing the gamers club unlocked program.

In the brochure there is a barcodes that needs to be scanned. Then I think you officially level up.

[quote name='stormshadow88']Not to be repetitive, but what is the brochure that everyone is talking about that needs scanning? I tried to unlock at a store yesterday and they were all clueless. They just scanned my Gamer unlock coupon and my Reward Zone ID and said that should work. I even told them that I thought there was something else they needed to scan based on this thread. So what exactly is this brochure and how do I get it for them to scan? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Check here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8858201&postcount=396

I need to know how retarded it is possible for BB employees to be. I've been to TWO stores now and nobody can figure this out. At second store today- had 5 people working on it including manager and asst. manager, no one could figure it out. Then their "system" crashed and I just left. Is it really so hard to ring this stupid thing up?

[quote name='crax']I need to know how retarded it is possible for BB employees to be. I've been to TWO stores now and nobody can figure this out. At second store today- had 5 people working on it including manager and asst. manager, no one could figure it out. Then their "system" crashed and I just left. Is it really so hard to ring this stupid thing up?[/QUOTE]
Pop Copy? :lol:

Apparently my RZ account has not 'leveled up' yet. I had them re-do the process to hopefully unlock the Gamer's Club with the mag subscription and so on and it's still not showing up on my RZ acct.

My one friend said it took about 5 days for it to show up on his though, so I'll give it till early next week. If it doesn't show up by then, then I guess I have to go in AGAIN with all of my receipts n try one more time.

What'll be funny though is if they're signing me up for a year with each try and I'm unlocked till like 2015 or so.;)

Same problems as everyone else. BB had no problems taking my money, but can't seem to get the system up to date. Fortunately, the employees honored it all and added the bonus % to my trade in. Now to just get it figured out.

so.. i did a trade in at best buy then bought a kindle (amazon) gift card. The scratch-off card number doesn't seem to be working on amazon. Too early to freak out or is it typical for the code to not work quickly.
edit: nevermind, it worked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back