Best Buy - Reward Zone Mystery Bucks, $5, $20, $50. $500, or $5000 off!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Best Buy is sending out something called Reward Zone Mystery Bucks to its Reward Zone members. If you're not in Reward Zone, you really ought to be. Membership is free now, so your just getting free rewards like this, and bonus points for what you spend. But, I digress.

Reward Zone Mystery Bucks are coupons that are valued at $5, $20, $50, or $5000. Just take it to Best Buy and have a cashier scan the barcode so they can tell you how much it's worth. It's worth at least $5. If you're very lucky (odds of getting anything more than $5 off are VERY low), it may be worth more. Then, you can just come back later and buy stuff and get the discount, but the discount only lasts until before the store closes on December 24th.

Anybody try checking the value of their Best Buy Reward Zone Mystery Bucks yet? I haven't gone to the store yet, so I have no clue. In all likelyhood, its worth $5 ($5 is the guaranteed value).

It's a very nice DEAL (thats right, it's a DEAL, to all you naysayers), since it's basically a stackable $5 off coupon.

I'm sure someone here has one that's worth more than $5 though.

Find out how much yours is worth and let us know. YOU CAN SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT OTHER'S UPCS! It looks like you MAYBE could use this in combination with other coupons too, so good savings right there. But then again, you may not be able to use it in combination, since it is like a coupon. Can anyone shed some light on this?

[quote name='PKRipp3r']wait.. is my $5000 certificate stackable with my $5 cert?

b/c if it isn't....[/quote]

Hahaha.
Can you call CS if you don't get one in the mail?
I've never got one also.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Hahaha.
Can you call CS if you don't get one in the mail?
I've never got one also.[/QUOTE]

i haven't gotten mine yet either.

i'm gonna wait a few days and see if it shows up

dang best buy for stoking my fires of retail lust

I'm always disappointed the 10%/12% coupons they send you are off the regular price of items. They should let you stack that on top of sale or clearance prices. I mean thats why we are signed up as Reward Zone members, to get better deals than the non-members, right?

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm always disappointed the 10%/12% coupons they send you are off the regular price of items. They should let you stack that on top of sale or clearance prices. I mean thats why we are signed up as Reward Zone members, to get better deals than the non-members, right?[/quote]

It doesn't matter that it says they're only good on regularly priced items. It also says they can't be used on new releases. I've used those coupons on DVDs that were on sale the week they came out.

For those of you that get these, and other coupons, in your account profile are you listed as Membership Status: Basic Tier? I never get anything in the mail, I don't know if I am a devil customer or what, but maybe there are different levels.

hm, never got these before and i've been a member for 4 years (they gave out memberships for free at the local bb when i was a college student). i wouldn't be surprised if my mailman screwed up and gave the envelope to my neighbor (who seems to always get my mail). anyways, thanks for the heads up, op!

[quote name='addicted2games']I'm always disappointed the 10%/12% coupons they send you are off the regular price of items. They should let you stack that on top of sale or clearance prices. I mean thats why we are signed up as Reward Zone members, to get better deals than the non-members, right?[/quote]you can use them on sale items. I always do

[quote name='Havok83']you can use them on sale items. I always do[/QUOTE]

Don't always count on it - I've had cashiers look to make sure the items I purchased were not on sale that week. Sometimes the cashier doesn't care.

Great, gonna get screwed again by Best Buy. I never even knew these existed and I was a member this time last year. Have I mentioned I haven't received anything in the mail from them in over a month? They stopped emailing me too. Are these snail mail only? I chose to print my regular certificates out instead of wait for them in the mail.

hey ya'll, just got these in the mail -- I've seen other bestbuy coupons posted here, and haven't seen these around, so I figured I'd share!

The coupons pretty much include 10% off anything (though most have a minimum purchase requirement) -- the PDF is if you want to print out the coupons (double sided), and then of course the images are attached too.

check it out
HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wii vs. XBox360 Vote and win

I didn't know RZ was free. Everytime they ask me in the store I just cut them off before they can get through the sentence and just say I'm not interested, since I figure they are trying to rip me off for something or other.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Google seems to think that the 2nd Tier of membership involves the Best Buy Mastercard.[/quote]

Yeah I have the Best Buy Mastercard, but my Membership Status is still set to Basic Tier.

I have never heard of this so called Reward Zone Mystery Buck either and I have been a reward zone member since the beginning when it used to cost money to be in the program............

The only thing I get in the mail from Best Buy is the 10%/12% coupons..........

[quote name='starman9000']For those of you that get these, and other coupons, in your account profile are you listed as Membership Status: Basic Tier? I never get anything in the mail, I don't know if I am a devil customer or what, but maybe there are different levels.[/QUOTE]
how do you see this status? I just logged onto the website and I can't see that anywhere.

also: I just know that whomever gets the $5000 ones throws it away or is dead or something and doesn't redeem it.

never mind, I found it.

As far as the tiers....I have a best buy credit card (not the mastercard one though) and it lists me as "Basic Tier"

Also, I haven't received these mystery $$$$

I received one of these already, though I'm pretty sure if it's just a $5 cert, I'll do the same like I did last year and toss the thing.

The chances of getting the $5k ones is slim to nil, but there still is that small chance.

I just tossed out my Birthday coupon from them too, since last month was my b day and I never used it, even though I had till the end of the month to use it and was in store on Black Friday to buy a PStwo.

i got mine a few days ago
still haven't checked it out
i'll probably end up going to Best Buy this friday
hopefully it's worth 5k :p

If mine were somehow(lotsa luck) worth $5k, I think I'd finally get into the HD era and snag a couple of the smaller model ones(one for my mom and one for me), a PS3, a 360(elite with the fixes to prevent the RROD) and a bunch of games.

And, if I had anything left, I'd probably squeak the total to just about $5k.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I received one of these already, though I'm pretty sure if it's just a $5 cert, I'll do the same like I did last year and toss the thing.

The chances of getting the $5k ones is slim to nil, but there still is that small chance.

I just tossed out my Birthday coupon from them too, since last month was my b day and I never used it, even though I had till the end of the month to use it and was in store on Black Friday to buy a PStwo.[/quote]

It's like $5 in cash at BB...why would you just toss it?

I got mine today as well. This one was addressed to me, so I know it had nothing to do with the Reward Zone since I'm not a member. My gf has the Reward Zone card and the coupons came as well, those in her name. So, this has nothing to do with the actual Reward Zone I'm guessing? Maybe for those who have Best Buy Credit Cards?

Anyway, I'd love that $5k, but since I won't hold out any hope for it, a $5 coupon to stack with my other $5 coupon to get the Wii Zapper for $10 would be cool. I've got a birthday gift card I want to use. Anything larger and I'm going to buy an external hard drive.

[quote name='lawdood']It's like $5 in cash at BB...why would you just toss it?[/quote]

Because I'm a total cheapass who wouldn't wanna spend OVER the $5 and the only way I could do that is if A) my local BB had Just Cause for the XBox which is a front lane game for $5 or B) I bought some other game which I didn't really WANT and paid the difference, which I'm not inclined to do.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because I'm a total cheapass who wouldn't wanna spend OVER the $5 and the only way I could do that is if A) my local BB had Just Cause for the XBox which is a front lane game for $5 or B) I bought some other game which I didn't really WANT and paid the difference, which I'm not inclined to do.[/quote]

Find a friend to use it then :). I'm pretty sure someone could use it--even a stranger. Heck, won't hurt you, but instead it's something to gain for one lucky person out there.

So what are the minimum requirements for these RZ Mystery Bucks, anyway? Because I've been a member for only a month or two, and wondering if I should expect one of them in the mail myself.

Just got mine in the mail today, i shall proceed to my nearest best buy and grab a copy of CoD4(PC) and hope to walk out with a top of the line PC to play it on.

[quote name='io']Wait, what? People got these last year? I've been a RZ member since 2003 and I never got one of these before. Meh...[/quote]

Yeah, wtf is up with that?! This is the first I've heard about this deal.

I received one of these already, though I'm pretty sure if it's just a $5 cert, I'll do the same like I did last year and toss the thing.

I just tossed out my Birthday coupon from them too, since last month was my b day and I never used it, even though I had till the end of the month to use it

Silly rabbit.:D

they stopped mailing me things, so I've given up on RZ in general.

EDIT: I got $50 with one of these from my birthday a year ago. Huge bummer that BB stopped sending me snail mail. They've got my legit address.

don't expect any big winnings guys. look at those damn odds.

got mine last week and it was for $5.

[quote name='glockant']don't expect any big winnings guys. look at those damn odds.

got mine last week and it was for $5.[/QUOTE]

no... i expect BIG WINNINGS!

I'm gonna beat the odds

*chases mailman down the street*

[quote name='PyroGamer']Got mine over a week ago.

Used it today while price-matching CC's CoD4 ad ($5, of course).[/QUOTE]

True CAG'in ya'll...

2086193267_c269eb302a_m.jpg

what what

[quote name='ITDEFX']what do these things look like!??!? Can someone post it (without the bar code of course lol).[/quote]

Yes can someone post a scan or pic of it please?

i got some BB 10% off coupons yesterday but no RZ mystery certificate yet. i hope i get it today or tomorrow so i can check it soon. pretty cool

I got the normal 10/12% off coupon pack in the mail yesterday so hopefully i'll get more Best Buy mail containing mystery bucks today. :D

[quote name='$hady']I got the normal 10/12% off coupon pack in the mail yesterday so hopefully i'll get more Best Buy mail containing mystery bucks today. :D[/quote]

You know, the funny thing is I NEVER get those damn 10/12% off coupons in my mail...but I did get this mystery bucks thing. I dunno wtf is up with BB.

I've been a member for over 2 years and have never gotten one of these for my birthday or for christmas..........maybe that'll change this year.....maybe not.....

[quote name='lawdood']You know, the funny thing is I NEVER get those damn 10/12% off coupons in my mail...but I did get this mystery bucks thing. I dunno wtf is up with BB.[/quote]

do you shop at your BB often? i remember when i didn't go to my BB for like 2-3 months they didn't send me anything. when i went back and bought something, the coupons came again.

my dad used to get the same coupons as me but he hasn't bought anything from BB in a while so he didn't get the 10-12% off coupons like i did this week

I usually get the Reward Zone mailings...hope I get this soon...I already have $30 in Reward Bucks...$5+ more would be nice.

Okay so people HAVE received them and cashed them in, but no one has posted what the $5 UPC code is on one? Wouldn't it be helpful to be able to tell it is a $5 coupon from the code BEFORE trekking out to the local BB? Can someone post their code and its value please?

(Not that I'm going to skip an opprotunity to nab a Wii Zapper for $10 with a $5 and a GGC, but still would be exciting to know ahead of time if it could be MORE than $5!:D)

bread's done
Back