Best Buy Rewards Certificates - Can't use on gift cards?

shanafan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I tried in-store, and online to see for myself, and got the same response that I can't use Rewards Certificates on gift cards anymore (Gift cards like Steam, Blizzard, etc)

I remember in the past, if you had $20 in Rewards, you had to spend over the $20 for it to work. I tried that online, but got the same error.

Is there any workaround??

iTvqNQ7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried in-store, and online to see for myself, and got the same response that I can't use Rewards Certificates on gift cards anymore (Gift cards like Steam, Blizzard, etc)

I remember in the past, if you had $20 in Rewards, you had to spend over the $20 for it to work. I tried that online, but got the same error.

Is there any workaround??
If you have Gamers Club Unlocked, offer someone 20% off new release games. Buy a $60 game ($48 w/GCU discount) using your certs and then sell to the buyer. The buyer gets $12 off and you convert your certs into cash. I've done this a few times. In the event I don't know anybody that would take up my offer, I would post on craigslist. Who ever responded would meet up with me at a Best Buy store to buy a game of his/her choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have Gamers Club Unlocked, offer someone 20% off new release games. Buy a $60 game ($48 w/GCU discount) using your certs and then sell to the buyer. The buyer gets $12 off and you convert your certs into cash. I've done this a few times. In the event I don't know anybody that would take up my offer, I would post on craigslist. Who ever responded would meet up with me at a Best Buy store to buy a game of his/her choice.
Interesting idea, thanks!

Interesting idea, thanks!
No problem. According to "Touch3" If there's a digital version of the gift card, you may be able to use the certs. For example, certs can't be used on a physical version Xbox Live card, but may be able to use it on the digital version. Let me know if it works for you, I'm curious.

Thanks for your reply.

I visited Cris Abora a couple of weeks ago, although they have some lights there it is not the same amount of lighting to choose from as it used to be.

bread's done
Back