best buy rewardzone question

Rastafari

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was just curious if anyone has been able to extend the expiry date of reward zone coupons? Also has anyone ever bought something using rewardzone coupons and then the returned the item? Do you lose the points?

Just curious how it works

Thanks.

[quote name='Rastafari']I was just curious if anyone has been able to extend the expiry date of reward zone coupons? Also has anyone ever bought something using rewardzone coupons and then the returned the item? Do you lose the points?

Just curious how it works

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you contact CSR and get the right agent they will reissue new RZ coupons with an extended expiration date but it is YMMV. I've only had to do this once but i've been a RZ Silver member for the last three years.

If you purchase an item with RZ points and return the item, your points will be reissued; they don't give you cash or credit back..

I've purchased items with RZ points and returned it the next day. The refund is given to you on a gift card. Even a CSR suggested I do this since I wanted to buy a PSN gift card and RZ points don't qualify toward them.
That was a few years ago now though, so I don't know if the same still holds true anymore.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']That was a few years ago now though, so I don't know if the same still holds true anymore.[/QUOTE]

You can definitely buy PSN cards with Reward Zone dollars now; that's what I end up buying when I have a certificate that's about the expire and nothing else worth getting.

As GBAstar says, they just reissue your points. I don't remember if you have to go through the same 36-day wait for them to clear as you do with new purchases, though. That might be worth asking them about.

Thanks for your responses. I e-mailed them about an extension and was told that it's not possible because of some sort of customer research we as the consumer prefer expiry dates. I guess that is news to me especially considering gift card law lol. I also asked about returning an item you bought via reward zone certificate. I was told that if you try and return it you lose your certificate dollars and will just receive back the cash you bought with them...so you are locked in to the purchase in terms of "rewardzone dollars"

I guess I will go in store and ask if it is possible to buy and return...see what the store policy is...have to use them regardless it seems..

I can't see how using RZ points for gift cards would ever be allowed, that's usually the rule for all of these points-type programs. I can't believe they would extend a period either, and I know as a fact I got the RZ points back as credit on a giftcard. I'm not calling anyone a liar with what they experienced, what I'm saying is BB's policies seem very ambiguous. It must be a store-to-store thing.

Update us on what you experience, Rastafari.

I was wondering, does anyone know how to make Best Buy not turn in your RZ points for the certificates? I had a few points that they automatically exchanged for one back in January.

Go into your account settings and increase the redemption value to a higher amount. I think $20 is the default, so change it to $50.

EDIT: Log in, go to the My Account tab at the top, then click Certificate Preferences link. You can make it $20, $50 or $100. Click submit, done!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did purchase with RZ certificate and price-matched several days later. And I got the refund in cash. I think it is all depending on the CSR.

I've also used some RZ certificate to buy Fido pre-paid voucher. So I assume the RZ certificate can be used for other vouchers/cards (PSN, XBL, Facebook, etc.)

its screwed up i dunno if they fixed it but ive seen someone post about it and it happened to me too! you set the amount... but it converts everything ... for example you set to $20... but you have enuff for 25 it just converted the extra pts to 5$ coupon even tho its set on $20 so then you have 20 + 5 even though how i understand it when you set to 20 it wont convert again till you get enough for 20 ....

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']its screwed up i dunno if they fixed it but ive seen someone post about it and it happened to me too! you set the amount... but it converts everything ... for example you set to $20... but you have enuff for 25 it just converted the extra pts to 5$ coupon even tho its set on $20 so then you have 20 + 5 even though how i understand it when you set to 20 it wont convert again till you get enough for 20 ....[/QUOTE]

i've had this happen to me many times but it's not broken, it's just how it works...

on the page where you set the certificate threshold it says "When you reach that chosen/default threshold, we'll send certificates for all the points in your account down to the 400-point level. Any points below 400 will remain in your account until you once again reach your chosen/default threshold level."

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Go into your account settings and increase the redemption value to a higher amount. I think $20 is the default, so change it to $50.

EDIT: Log in, go to the My Account tab at the top, then click Certificate Preferences link. You can make it $20, $50 or $100. Click submit, done![/QUOTE]

My limit only goes from 5-20$.

Sorry, I probably have more preferences because I use the RZ Visa. My guess is you just have the RZ points card, in which case I think you're stuck.

bread's done
Back