Best Buy RZ Coupons 10% off

How do these work? There is no barcode to scan or anything... would this work on preorder games? (like the buy 5 get $100 deal for example) I dont see an expiration date either?

never worked at best buy but i assume its similar in most retail
the register can scan or manually key in item number to accept the details of the item/transaction
so they can manually key in the code after scanning all your items and it should automatically apply it

@splattered: I'm not sure, I will be able to comment on this after work when I try it, was going to pre-order Deus EX. I'm assuming the 10% would work if you pre-order and pay for it entirely today. As far as I know this should stack with other offers as well, at least at my BBY they're pretty nice. (can't say if its because their gaming manager was my party buddy or not)

Does anyone know if clearance is considered "regular price"? I don't have an internet-enabled phone (laugh, go ahead), so I'd have to bring a friend or try a print-out anyway.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Does anyone know if clearance is considered "regular price"? I don't have an internet-enabled phone (laugh, go ahead), so I'd have to bring a friend or try a print-out anyway.[/QUOTE]

I hear horror stories about bestbuy, but I have yet to experience one man, so honestly I doubt they would say no unless they're a bunch of jackasses.

Also, on the note of your lack of internet-enabled phone. Don't be in a hurry to get one...ever. Unless you're a corporate executive on the road I doubt you'll use it enough to justify the 100+ monthly cell bill. I have unlimited data/text and like 1500 mins for calls and I pay 109.99. Text/calls yeah I use, but data I barely touch unless it's to stream Pandora or Netflix...anyways...back on topic lol

I'm fairly certain the answer is yes, but the POS won't allow these to work in conjunction with the B1G1 50% off correct? It'll pick one or the other?

[quote name='bgame2']I'm fairly certain the answer is yes, but the POS won't allow these to work in conjunction with the B1G1 50% off correct? It'll pick one or the other?[/QUOTE]

Yeah just called my buddy, he said it won't stack. But I guess it stacks with Gamer Magazine + Sale prices? Just not the b1g1 50% off.

They have a copy of Phantasy Star Online Portable 2 for PSP on clearance for 20 bucks at my local BB. Would this coupon stack with that?

It should, besides the 45 day return policy and no restocking fees, I don't know very many other differences between the two in terms of savings.

You can't prepay more than $5 on any preorder. Their system is not currently set up to do it, but it is something they are looking in to.
However, these are fairly regular and could be applied to purchase of any/all of the games part of the 5/$100 promo as they release.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']can I use the 10 % off coupon with my reward certificates?[/QUOTE]

Yes reward certificates are like cash because it's something you earned from them.

[quote name='boogie4114']Yes reward certificates are like cash because it's something you earned from them.[/QUOTE]
oh okay thanks for the info time to buy zelda oot 3d

I found it amusing that 10% off applies to "MP3 devices" but iPods and Zunes are excluded. So....I can buy a Sansa with a discount! YAY!! My last one was SO SHITTY!

so apparently despite all that I've heard, my buddy just got away with getting that 10% stacked with the buy1g1 50% off. He got castlevania + mortal kombat kollectors all for like 68. I'm waiting for pictures of his receipt. I doubt it's a universal BBY thing, but you may get lucky?

[quote name='boredcollegekid']I hear horror stories about bestbuy, but I have yet to experience one man, so honestly I doubt they would say no unless they're a bunch of jackasses.

Also, on the note of your lack of internet-enabled phone. Don't be in a hurry to get one...ever. Unless you're a corporate executive on the road I doubt you'll use it enough to justify the 100+ monthly cell bill. I have unlimited data/text and like 1500 mins for calls and I pay 109.99. Text/calls yeah I use, but data I barely touch unless it's to stream Pandora or Netflix...anyways...back on topic lol[/QUOTE]

I have experienced one of the infamous Worst Buy horror stories and I can guarantee you they are a bunch of jackasses. The long and short of my story: I placed an order for Dissidia 012 for in-store pickup during the midnight sale. Order confirmation indicated the items were backordered so I went to the store to see if they had any on the shelves. Games were available in store so I asked customer service if they could process my order with the stock on the shelves. Was told no but they could cancel my order and have me rebuy the items at the purchase price.

Manager has the associate call BestBuy.com, cancel my order, and then refuses to adjust the retail price down to the price I paid during the sale. Manager above her, a dick named Mario, tells me he's the general manager and that, yeah, he can price adjust down but he's not going to do it. This was literally 5 minutes before 10 PM EST, nearly 2 hours after I initially walked in and an hour after the store actually closed. I come back the next day and learn that Mario isn't the real general manager, someone named Melissa is. She refuses to come out and speak with me. I reach out to BestBuy.com and they call the store, have me wait 45 minutes, and then tell me they can't do anything because the store told them BestBuy.com cancelled my order and the store doesn't have to honor anything. That was 8/4 - 8/5 and I still don't have my order reinstated. All I've got to show for it is a piece of shit digital coupon that can't be used on gift cards (because I'd much rather convert their shitty money into Amazon money) and expires next month.

To say I'm pissed about the whole situation is an understatement. So, yes, Best Buy employees are a bunch of jackasses and they are, quite easily, the worst retailer I've ever had to deal with. If they can find a way to screw you over, they definitely will. And, yes, they're even worse than GameStop.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I found it amusing that 10% off applies to "MP3 devices" but iPods and Zunes are excluded. So....I can buy a Sansa with a discount! YAY!! My last one was SO SHITTY![/QUOTE]

I had a Sansa and it was pretty good. Excellent sound quality and FM Tuner. Although, I'll admit that I wouldn't pay more than $40 now with all the features of a Smart phone these days.

Will these coupons stack with the 20% off INK/TONER/PAPER on Wednesday?

[quote name='Ardrid']I have experienced one of the infamous Worst Buy horror stories and I can guarantee you they are a bunch of jackasses. The long and short of my story: I placed an order for Dissidia 012 for in-store pickup during the midnight sale. Order confirmation indicated the items were backordered so I went to the store to see if they had any on the shelves. Games were available in store so I asked customer service if they could process my order with the stock on the shelves. Was told no but they could cancel my order and have me rebuy the items at the purchase price.

Manager has the associate call BestBuy.com, cancel my order, and then refuses to adjust the retail price down to the price I paid during the sale. Manager above her, a dick named Mario, tells me he's the general manager and that, yeah, he can price adjust down but he's not going to do it. This was literally 5 minutes before 10 PM EST, nearly 2 hours after I initially walked in and an hour after the store actually closed. I come back the next day and learn that Mario isn't the real general manager, someone named Melissa is. She refuses to come out and speak with me. I reach out to BestBuy.com and they call the store, have me wait 45 minutes, and then tell me they can't do anything because the store told them BestBuy.com cancelled my order and the store doesn't have to honor anything. That was 8/4 - 8/5 and I still don't have my order reinstated. All I've got to show for it is a piece of shit digital coupon that can't be used on gift cards (because I'd much rather convert their shitty money into Amazon money) and expires next month.

To say I'm pissed about the whole situation is an understatement. So, yes, Best Buy employees are a bunch of jackasses and they are, quite easily, the worst retailer I've ever had to deal with. If they can find a way to screw you over, they definitely will. And, yes, they're even worse than GameStop.[/QUOTE]

yeah best buy is terrible. i had a problem with an item and i requested to speak to the manager. a guy came out saying he's the manager and refused to resolve it. then i asked for his business card so i can complain to corporate and he dissapeared for 30 mins. then he came out and said he's not really the manager but a fill in manager for that night. lol he was really scared when i asked him for his card. the next day i spoke to the real manager and got it resolve. will i shop there again? yeah probably but i'll avoid that location whenever i can.

[quote name='boredcollegekid']
Also, on the note of your lack of internet-enabled phone. Don't be in a hurry to get one...ever. Unless you're a corporate executive on the road I doubt you'll use it enough to justify the 100+ monthly cell bill. I have unlimited data/text and like 1500 mins for calls and I pay 109.99. Text/calls yeah I use, but data I barely touch unless it's to stream Pandora or Netflix...anyways...back on topic lol[/QUOTE]

As a CAG I find my iphone very handy when shopping...it may pay for itself most months.;)

[quote name='Toss']As a CAG I find my iphone very handy when shopping...it may pay for itself most months.;)[/QUOTE]

Not to go too far off topic, but both Best Buy and Target carry Virgin Mobile no contract Droids that only cost $25/month for 300 min Voice, unlimited text, unlimited data, after dropping $169 or so up front. My wife has one, and while the touch screen is no where near an iPod, its still a computer in your pocket, and it can help you track prices and use coupons like an iPhone.

bread's done
Back