Best Buy RZ Gamers Club Metroid Other M- $39.99 Oct 7-10 with coupon instore only

CottonGamer

CAGiversary!
From October 7 - 10 only, Metroid Other M for wii

$39.99

as a Reward Zone program Gamers Club member.

You can find the offer/coupon in your Gamers Club Special Offer tab...thing from your Best Buy Reward Zone Account page.

Fine print on the coupon:

Markdown taken from the regular prices. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid on in-store and in-stock items only. Must present your Reward Zone program membership card. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A., excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 10/7/10 - 10/10/10. Coupon not redeemable at BestBuy.com. Cashier Instructions: Scan coupon UPC. Scan qualifying product UPC(s). Scan all other product(s) being sold. Scan Reward Zone program membership card. Press "total." Write "VOID" on the coupon and place it in the register coupon media file.

Not much of a deal but about the same as the Gamer coupon ($15 minus the $6 from buying the magazine)

Still, cheaper than MSRP

i think most people who are reward members got that Gamer issue for free with the $15 coupon, considering that fact, a $39.99 price is kinda eh

[quote name='radioactivez0r']IMO, this game is worth about $20. As a non-Metroid fan.[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- not a big Metroid fan, either -- have Prime 1 and 2 on GCN and never even played them (oy, the backlog). Other M sounds good though but I'll wait til it's $20 or less (and of course, I'll need to buy the Wii, too). Waiting on a $100 price tag on the Wii. As much as I love Nintendo (bought every console prior to Wii at launch), there just weren't too many games I wanted to play on it. Now, with 3 Mario games, a Zelda on the way, Punch Out!!, and Other M -- well, it's pretty much a wait until reasonable price over the holidays stage.

Game was worth full price to me, easily. People whine about the story... which isn't all that bad... it's just got some lackluster dialogue. But this game was a true sequel to Super Metroid. Thank god they got away from FPS. I like the Metroid Prime Trilogy... but damn if there aren't too many FPS's these days.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Game was worth full price to me, easily. People whine about the story... which isn't all that bad... it's just got some lackluster dialogue. But this game was a true sequel to Super Metroid. [/QUOTE]

+1

The game (and gameplay) is great and easily worth $40. The story, not so much.

Other M would have gotten better reviews If Ninty had done what they normally do and thrown in a paper-thin story instead of all the cutscenes that are in the game.

On the plus side, if you like the story you'll love the way they handled the Theater mode in the game.

bread's done
Back