Best Buy sells 'last Wii' twice

What's the point? If they put all of their Wii stock on the shelves it would most likely sell out within a few hours, maybe even faster now that Christmas is coming up.

[quote name='Kaijufan']What's the point? If they put all of their Wii stock on the shelves it would most likely sell out within a few hours, maybe even faster now that Christmas is coming up.[/QUOTE]

That is why I have a hard time believing this. They would sell the systems much faster buy just putting them out.

I thought it was funny. Hell if I was the manager I would set up an obsticle course for it. Maybe tell the customers they have to catch the Wii and tie it to the new stockroom boy and tell him if a customer catches him within 5 minutes that he's fired. Now that would be entertaining.

[quote name='rodeojones903']That is why I have a hard time believing this. They would sell the systems much faster buy just putting them out.[/quote]

It's New Jersey, it definitely happened. lol

[quote name='rodeojones903']That is why I have a hard time believing this. They would sell the systems much faster buy just putting them out.[/quote]

its to create the effect of a shortage, so EVERYBODY jumps on the chance of getitng one while its available. and they doit all the time with the wii lol.
but yeah they would selll out very quick with your plan too

haha thats funny. what a buncha jerks. They should dress Julie in a bikini and walk like a ring girl with the wii..i wonder how bad she will get ransacked.

And the 'zealots' get all nuts when some of us even hint at the "manufactured shortage" angle. It's fucking psychology, dolts. People want what they can't have, or what they think they won't be able to get again, i.e. hoarding for survival.

And Best Buy did something similar with the PS3 last year, right before Christmas. They were only putting out a couple at a time (witnessed on 12/23). Difference was....

What the fuck? Julie has the last Wii, find Julie.................... ok then what? Beat her the fuck down, grab her purse/wallet, the Wii and make a mad dash towards the door??? What if a riot where to have occurred as a result of this STUPID joke by that store's management? All those people who would have gotten hurt could easily band together and file a class action lawsuit and fuck BB really hard. Best buy would in turn around and offer every customer a 250 dollar gift card involved in that incident to purchase it next time it's in stores..

I think this is a tactic to keep people in the store longer, and maybe to bring people into new areas of the store that they haven't been. All they need to say is "Julie is in the video game department with the last wii", and they will have a whole buttload of soccermoms going into an area where they may end up buying something.

[quote name='linkpwns']I think this is a tactic to keep people in the store longer, and maybe to bring people into new areas of the store that they haven't been. All they need to say is "Julie is in the video game department with the last wii", and they will have a whole buttload of soccermoms going into an area where they may end up buying something.[/QUOTE]

No, I can see that get ugly real quick. I can hear people bitching now..."That's NOT FAIR I WAS GETTING READY TO BUY A MICROWAVE WHEN THEY MADE THE ANNOUNCEMENT! What do they want me to drop everything and run to the video game department to get it?!?!?

You'll see a buttload alright... the ones with the 40 inch asses on top of each other fighting over the damn thing.

I can waste 2 hrs in a store without buying anything :)

[quote name='jollydwarf']And the 'zealots' get all nuts when some of us even hint at the "manufactured shortage" angle. It's fucking psychology, dolts. People want what they can't have, or what they think they won't be able to get again, i.e. hoarding for survival.

And Best Buy did something similar with the PS3 last year, right before Christmas. They were only putting out a couple at a time (witnessed on 12/23). Difference was....[/quote] Do you think Nintendo actually coordinates all the stores in America to participate in this "shortage"? While it is possible that Nintendo is not manufacturing them as quickly as they could, this is obviously just Best Buy, probably only this one Best Buy.

The writer of the article doesn't seem to like Nintendo that much.

Jollydwarf seems like the kind of guy that thinks 9/11 was an inside job by the US government.

Rule #1 against conspiracies: is there any organization in the world smart enough and superbly directed enough to coordinate these kinds of things?

No.

So apparently Nintendo told Best Buy to do this to create a shortage all over the world? Then why are they selling so fast everywhere else? And why is it that this one Best Buy is the only one actually doing it and not every other one?

This is just a case of an idiot manager in NJ thinking he's smart, when he isn't.

There is no manufactured shortage of wiis. Nintendo is making them faster than Sony or MS are making PS3s or 360. So how can they be manufacturing a shortage when they are making more than the competitors?

The Wii Shortage is real. It has nothing to do with an idiot manager in NJ.

Okay, all you dimwits listen up.

Nintendo is a publicly traded corporation. Therefore they must maximize their profits by any means nesessary. So if they planned this then they are doing what's best for their company by creating hype and sales.

Replace Nintendo with Best Buy if BB organized this tactic.

Who gives a shit how they sell them, as long as they do. Everyone who bitches about someone getting hurt... shove it up your ass. If you want to throw yourself into a chaos where you can get hurt... sucks you're not smart enough to avoid said situation. We aren't like those three damn chinese who were trampled to death and 30+ injured for DISCOUNT COOKING OIL!

Apparently the writer of this article thinks that if there's a best buy that does this there is no wii shortage. Great logic on his/her part.

I went to TRU today and saw their shitty printed out sign saying "sorry we are sold out of wii's"

A year this thing has been out and they still sell out.

The demand for the wii is CRAZY.. I take at least 10 calls a day asking about this.. and I'm not even going to count the # of customers that ask...
it's just plain crazy how HOT that thing still is after a damn year....

Ugh... I used to work at Best Buy when I was in high school and this doesn't suprise to at all. (and this is was long before you were forced to push Entertainment Weekly on customers). We did shady stuff with the power strips, that was even crazier!

[quote name='Strell']Jollydwarf seems like the kind of guy that thinks 9/11 was an inside job by the US government.

Rule #1 against conspiracies: is there any organization in the world smart enough and superbly directed enough to coordinate these kinds of things?

No.[/quote]

Haha...That's funny... What's wrong with not trusting your government? Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. There are reason for people assuming theories like that... you know what is even more disturbing?

When is the last time the US was involved in a war that didn't have some level of deception, fabrication, manipulation of the American people to be involved?

(see Gulf of Tonkin, Lucitania, Pearl Harbor, etc.)

-Dr. Ugly

[quote name='PagingDrUgly']
Haha...That's funny... What's wrong with not trusting your government? Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. There are reason for people assuming theories like that... you know what is even more disturbing?

When is the last time the US was involved in a war that didn't have some level of deception, fabrication, manipulation of the American people to be involved?

(see Gulf of Tonkin, Lucitania, Pearl Harbor, etc.)

-Dr. Ugly[/QUOTE]

I promise you - the joke went way over your head.

[quote name='Strell']Rule #1 against conspiracies: is there any organization in the world smart enough and superbly directed enough to coordinate these kinds of things?

No.[/QUOTE]
With every organization in the world so stupid and poorly directed, it wouldn't take a very smart or particularly superbly directed organization to be behind many "conspiracy theories." ;)

bread's done
Back