Best Buy sending out coupon for Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 for 2 years

Did anyone else get  20 Dollar off Coupon off Xbox Live that expires on the first? If so that would mean get a full year sub for 20 bucks.

I got it with the email header "Play Like a Champ with Xbox Live"

Last edited by a moderator:
had $15 in rewards so my GCU was only $45 (with 90 reward points) was planning on buying Titanfall CE so ill be green after that. 

Titanfall $250 - 20% = $200 + tax $217.50 out the door :)

+ $10 for a pre order and 400 reward points - almost another $30 back.

best buys going to get a lot of my money next two years. 

I had the $30 offer and was going to take the plunge in the last week of December. But when I went into my local Best Buy I noticed something. The shelf space for the consoles I own had been reduced substantially to make room for X1 and PS4 product. The stuff for Ps3 and 360 was very thinned out and an employee indicate it wasn't just from holiday sales but that the stock levels were going to stay low as those platforms were expected to fade quickly.

Problem is, I won't be int he market for either of the new machines for at least a year. Meanwhile, the number of titles remaining to get for the machine I do have is dwindling fast. Considering how much I'd have to spend before the $30 was covered and I started to get ahead on the deal, I just found I couldn't muster the enthusiasm. I've got a ridiculous backlog of unplayed games. I can wait for the right price to come along for those remaining items I'll want on the older machines.

Oh god, the AMZ vs BB + tax stuff is so old & quite frankly there`s such a VERY, VERY, VERY small % of people who make out better at AMZ.
Dollar for dollar you`d have to be a person that buys like 1-2 games TOTAL per yr for it NOT to be worth it.
$300 total in 2 yrs is $12.50 per month
At 9% tax that`s $27 saved on the $300
$300 = $10 in RZ pts w/100 pts leftover
$27 - $10 = $17
So $17
What tax rate are you paying?
How much did you spend in 2013 on your "buy a boatload of games"?
Since your tax rate is most likely less than 20% & you've probably exceeded $350 spent on games last yr you might wanna think it out better.
Not sure how much you spend on non gaming at AMZ but chances are when you add it all up elite plus can be reached. Or you`ll get so close that a few visa`s would put you there. Free shipping, 45 day returns reg. rz pts & 25% bonus pts tips the scale in BB`s favor even more.

10% tax I think. Bought like 20 games maybe a bit more in 2013 buuut they weren't all 60$ games, I might've bought 1 or 2 $60 games (The Last Of Us was one of them), a few $20-$40 games, the rest was in the $5-$10 range. I never preorder games cause I know it'll just go on sale in a month or 2. If I see a game that's 5-10$ on slickdeals or on here I usually get it just to have for my collection. If amazon price match I usually go for amazon if not I buy it from the original source. Buying from amazon saves me tax, gas and the hassle of waiting in line. I hardly have time to play games anymore, all I do is work and sleep, but if I see a game that's cheap as hell I usually buy buy buy even if it sits on my shelf unopened for a year or two or three haha.

I pretty much use amazon for everything I want or need cause it's usually a bit cheaper or hard to find/sold out in stores.

Got a question, does best buy price match other stores and still take the 20% off? I've been wondering if they do

The only thing that irks me is that I'm not receiving ANY of these coupons that people are getting... and I'm stuck in phone limbo just trying to reach consumer relations.

Suicideskull - Best Buy would let you choose between the two when price matching . So either you take the price match or 20% off from gcu .

What?  I missed this for $30?  When was that?  I blame you CAG! j/k

And, no coupon for this one anyway...just about these doorbusters and stuff.

Just gave my $60 to a classmate. He wanted to sign up for this program after i told him how much i paid for titanfall ce and infamous ce...

Love the assholes on this forum using the word begging when the only thing fellow members are doing is simply asking for a spare coupon.

Gotta admit I haven't liked the coupons as of late but the 20% off has been amazing!! 

Any good coupon deals on top of it has just been icing.

ill be having a coupon soon a 30 for 2 years another one i had one before = ) it got mail to mail if any one is interested ill take trade offers 

Lol. Yeah it is entertaining. I already renewed with the $30 coupon and am good until Feb. 2016. For some reason they sent me the $60 coupon as well. Is it possible to use the $60 coupon as well to get me enrolled until 2018? Or was them sending me this a mistake?
Even if you could extend this for 2 more years beyond I wouldn't do that now. There is a good chance that Best Buy won't have the program around at some point and you will have paid them too much.

Aaarrrgh..I wish I would get an e-mail..I don't wanna sub for 20 million dollars, but definitely for 60...Umm....anyone have a spare coupon..? XD

I had the $30 offer and was going to take the plunge in the last week of December.
Considering how much I'd have to spend before the $30 was covered and I started to get ahead on the deal
With the $30 coupon you`re even at $150
$150 is 1 CE game or if you did 1 b2g1 set that`s $120 of the $150 on just 3 games
$150 = $6.25 per month over 2 yrs
And you get at least another $5 back in RZ pts
You don`t have to spend alot or buy alot games to overcome $30. 1 CE game, 5 $30 games or 4 $40 games.

10% tax I think. Bought like 20 games maybe a bit more in 2013 buuut they weren't all 60$ games, I might've bought 1 or 2 $60 games (The Last Of Us was one of them), a few $20-$40 games, the rest was in the $5-$10 range. I never preorder games cause I know it'll just go on sale in a month or 2. If I see a game that's 5-10$ on slickdeals or on here I usually get it just to have for my collection. If amazon price match I usually go for amazon if not I buy it from the original source. Buying from amazon saves me tax, gas and the hassle of waiting in line. I hardly have time to play games anymore, all I do is work and sleep, but if I see a game that's cheap as hell I usually buy buy buy even if it sits on my shelf unopened for a year or two or three haha.
I pretty much use amazon for everything I want or need cause it's usually a bit cheaper or hard to find/sold out in stores.
Got a question, does best buy price match other stores and still take the 20% off? I've been wondering if they do
Your logic is still flawed you do realize the 20% isn`t limited to just $60 games right? It doesn`t matter how you get to $300 5 $60 games or 30 $10 games it`s all the same. Just off your 20 games at say $10 each that`s $200 of the $300 in 1 yr so if you change nothing over 2 yrs that`s AT LEAST $400. And at $300 you`re only +$17 in favor of AMZ. Gas/time is the same unless you paid for prime which negates the $17 order online from BB.
If you`re spending alot of money on items elsewhere that BB matches & it adds up close to elite plus chances are the tax you save vs rz pts + bonuses isn`t equal.
This thread & the other one is full of people asking for the coupons b/c it`s been a while since AMZ was a better deal dollar for dollar.

Figured I might as well throw my hat in the ring. Looking for a $30 or $60 emailed coupon.

I have a BB code going to expire at the end of the month, and I'm tempted to get Bravely Default CE, so $10 off right away would take the cost of aquiring GCU down. I'm in the "BB never sends me any type of coupons" club, so hoping to get one. PM me with your offer and I'll respond ASAP.

EDIT: Got one!

Hoping I don't get the email. Then I can save myself 60 bucks. I'd be horribly tempted to get it at 60 bucks. Anyone know if you can use reward certificates toward the purchase of a GCU subscription? I have 10 bucks in rewards.
I used them when i purchased the 2 year extension three months ago.

Add me to the list of people that would like a coupon! If you aren't going to use it, I would greatly appreciate it!

Your logic is still flawed you do realize the 20% isn`t limited to just $60 games right? It doesn`t matter how you get to $300 5 $60 games or 30 $10 games it`s all the same. Just off your 20 games at say $10 each that`s $200 of the $300 in 1 yr so if you change nothing over 2 yrs that`s AT LEAST $400. And at $300 you`re only +$17 in favor of AMZ. Gas/time is the same unless you paid for prime which negates the $17 order online from BB.
If you`re spending alot of money on items elsewhere that BB matches & it adds up close to elite plus chances are the tax you save vs rz pts + bonuses isn`t equal.
This thread & the other one is full of people asking for the coupons b/c it`s been a while since AMZ was a better deal dollar for dollar.
Isnt buying a game at best buy at $10 with the 20% off almost if not the same as buying a $10 game on amazon with no tax, either way your paying about the same amount arent you? Plus it saves you time and effort of driving to best buy to pick it up. Best Buy rewards net you 2x rewards points with GCU, Amazon rewards card nets you 2x or 3x for every dollar you spend also. I buy games wherever the games are cheap enough for me whether its amazon, best buy, toysrus, target, newegg, etc as long as the price is right. if your price matching a game thats on sale at target or amazon or wherever to best buy that 20% is useless isnt it or do they take both?

I doubt Ill be buying 20+ games this time around due to lack of time to play em and dont you have to spend at least $1500 to get to elite status? I dont spend anywhere near that much at best buy to even reach that status. I dont only buy games on amazon, I use it to buy all sorts of things not just for gaming. I pay about $40 for prime a year cause of that amazon student thing so free 2 day shipping for all the items I buy on amazon.

Look Im not dissing best buy and Im not saying the $60 for 2 years is a horrible deal or anything I just prefer amazon, saving money or not, Im usually too lazy or too tired from work to drive to best buy anyways. I prefer the $30 for 2 years more, wish they sent me that instead then maybe Id actually buy more games from best buy.

I beleive it's either or. You either give them the card or if you don't have them just give them the number he has on file.

This is silly. Yeah, that'll get the customers who didn't want to renew at $30 on board - just double the cost and they'll come running!

had $15 in rewards so my GCU was only $45 (with 90 reward points) was planning on buying Titanfall CE so ill be green after that.

Titanfall $250 - 20% = $200 + tax $217.50 out the door :)

+ $10 for a pre order and 200 reward points - almost another $15 back.

best buys going to get a lot of my money next two years.
slightly incorrect math i think... you should get double rewards points on any "NEW" game purchase, if that applies in this situation then you should recieve 400 rewards points at minimum.

Just signed up in store using my coupon.  Thankfully, I was able to unlock $185 of my gaming funds from Amazon.  My sister needed 4 new toner cartridges for her laser printer, so I just ordered it with my credit and she gave me the cash.

Only two titles with the additional $10 RZ certificates that I'm interested in are South Park and Watch Dogs.  I hope to see this list get a little bigger.  Why no DKC:TF?

Even if you could extend this for 2 more years beyond I wouldn't do that now. There is a good chance that Best Buy won't have the program around at some point and you will have paid them too much.
That's what I'm thinking. They will probably make sure it lasts at least 2 years since they are promoting that now, but once they have a quarterly earnings report that's horrible and realize the huge loss is coming from videogames at 20% off, it will be gone quick.

if i get this email ill prob give it to a fellow cag for 33% off or somethin. either that or extend my current 2 year sub a extra two years
You will sell it for $40? The buyer would still need to spend $60 to subscribe, so they will be out $100 that way. Better than normal price, but I doubt you'll get takers.

I will pay $61 for a $60 coupon and $31 for a $30 coupon.
Are you joking or do you not understand these coupons? For anyone who is planning to pay for these, realize you are just buying the right to pay $60 or $30 for the subscription on top of whatever you pay the seller. The coupon itself has no prepaid value.

That's what I'm thinking. They will probably make sure it lasts at least 2 years since they are promoting that now, but once they have a quarterly earnings report that's horrible and realize the huge loss is coming from videogames at 20% off, it will be gone quick.

You will sell it for $40? The buyer would still need to spend $60 to subscribe, so they will be out $100 that way. Better than normal price, but I doubt you'll get takers.

Are you joking or do you not understand these coupons? For anyone who is planning to pay for these, realize you are just buying the right to pay $60 or $30 for the subscription on top of whatever you pay the seller. The coupon itself has no prepaid value.
the 40$ is mainly a bench mark. negotiation on price or trade i would be open to as well of course

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that the coupons are account specific, can anyone expand on that? Something about a unique barcode?
The coupons each have a unique barcode and number, but they aren't restricted to the recipient's account, which is why people have been selling them.

I will pay $61 for a $60 coupon and $31 for a $30 coupon.
at that price you could walk in the store and get it for $120. the coupon lets you pay $60 for two years. the $30 would make sense as that would put you at $60.

slightly incorrect math i think... you should get double rewards points on any "NEW" game purchase, if that applies in this situation then you should recieve 400 rewards points at minimum.
was half a sleep but good catch so its $30 in rewards and $10 for the pre order. i been waiting to see if they do a launch event in nyc but i might say screw it and lock this price down now.

Seeing as how this is CAG, I won't offer to buy a coupon, but I'll gladly take one for free! Hmmm? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Or it will get people to renew for half the price of the standard $120 fee.
All of this is terrible. So much for treating your customers to the same deals. Now we have 3 different prices for the same service! It's too bad Circuit City isn't around to keep Best Buy in line.

A terrible deal. So wait, I have to pay you $60 to save money, and I'd have to spend a minimum of $300 in order to even start seeing any benefit from it?

As someone that waits for a $20/$30 price point to buy my games, I'd have to buy somewhere between 20 and 30 games from Best Buy get hit the $300 price point. It's rare that I buy 20 games a year, much less 20 games from Best Buy.

So yeah, sure thing Best Buy. I'll jump right on that.

I'm surprised so many self-proclaimed cheapasses are jumping on this terrible idea, frankly.
At $30 a year you only need to buy $150 worth of games to break even. A lot of CAG's will buy that much to move credit around or resell. Any discounts on things to keep and play are gravy.

I got one of those $60 GCU coupon and went to the store to sign up yesterday. Last night I put in an online order for Bravely Default CE to save $10 right there. $50 more to go to break even.

Will they continue to have those quarterly coupons like they did in the magazine?

I may be willing to trade a couple 7 day passes for Playstation Plus or a 14 day Gold Pass for the $30 coupon... or Paypal instead.

bread's done
Back